Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

1, the next batman movie isn't going to have a Robin origin

2, When and if the DCEU does get a Robin It's not going to be any of the 4 main Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Because those are all the robins who have fans right?
    Of course not, it was a joke tbh you know, what with trilogies being very popular among superhero movies and what not, and those 3 lend themselves to a trilogy pattern so well lol... But, certainly no one thinks we are ever getting a Robin trilogy? Or that we can have a movie for every single one of the Robins out there?

Because those are all the robins who have fans right? As someone who has a soft spot for 3 of the Robins not listed I say Boo!
    3 Robins? Have they been multiplying behind my back or something?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    3 Robins? Have they been multiplying behind my back or something?
    Do we not count Steph or Carrie?

I don't call Dick Grayson or Clark Kent a Batman, but some people might.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 02-26-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

https://www.deviantart.com/cspencey/...rake-600761537

This would be a good take on a movie Tim Drake regardless if you race-bend him.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I don't call Dick Grayson or Clark Kent a Batman, but some people might.
    Ouch!

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    1, the next batman movie isn't going to have a Robin origin

2, When and if the DCEU does get a Robin It's not going to be any of the 4 main Robins.
    So we are finally getting Robin the Toy Wonder from DC 1 Million????? Hell Yeah!!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Carrie is a Robin, just not a main continuity one.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

All-New Member

I read an opinion piece on the CBR site that questioned the necessity for another Batman movie. I have to agree with the sentiment. We don't need another Batman movie. I would expect that the superhero phenomena we are seeing at the moment will be either waning or over by 2021. Couple that with the need for a new Batman, Tom King's awful run on Batman, I am really not interested in the Dark Knight. There is nothing new to say about Bruce Wayne that has not already been said, written, directed nor acted in other formats.

The DCEU, aside from Aquaman and Wonderwoman, has been a disaster compared to the brilliantly developed MCU. I think Warners should walk away from superheroes and do movie goers a favour

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Carrie is a Robin, just not a main continuity one.
    If you count all the not main continuity ones, the list gets really long.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post
    I read an opinion piece on the CBR site that questioned the necessity for another Batman movie. I have to agree with the sentiment. We don't need another Batman movie. I would expect that the superhero phenomena we are seeing at the moment will be either waning or over by 2021. Couple that with the need for a new Batman, Tom King's awful run on Batman, I am really not interested in the Dark Knight. There is nothing new to say about Bruce Wayne that has not already been said, written, directed nor acted in other formats.
    Do you have the link to the article? I agree that Batman's mythos has been mostly explored in film, besides Robin which is the uncharted territory (if we don't count the Schumacher movies). Although most movies don't need to be made, the types of Batman stories you can put to film are limited. The types of stories that get made into movies are the epic ones: the origin, No Man's Land (TDKR), Knightfall, Batman vs. Superman, vs. Joker. All of these movies in some way or another have to make some weighty statement on what it means to be Batman or deconstruct the character (how many times have we seen the deaths of the Waynes?); Batman can't just be Batman. You can't tell smaller-scale stories and feature the zanier members of the Rogues Gallery like in the comics. That's why I'm excited for Matt Reeves' movie because it seems to be going in a different direction (mystery and film noir) than previous movies. But once that movie is released, and if the Robin movie gets made, I don't know if Batman has much more mileage in him on the big screen in a standalone movie. Maybe there's room for a Court of Owls/Eyes Wide Shut-esque movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post

The DCEU, aside from Aquaman and Wonderwoman, has been a disaster compared to the brilliantly developed MCU. I think Warners should walk away from superheroes and do movie goers a favour
    I don't see DC or movie goers moving away from Batman. Even when the superhero bubble busts the public will still be hungry for batman just like they were before superheroes became this hot gimmick.

Tom King's as awful as it is still outsells every other super hero consistently and regardless of the quality [which is subjective] The DCEU movies all made money [aside from JL]

I doubt DC is going anywhere nor is the public abandoning them. The fact that the public were willing to give aquaman a chance despite all the bad negativity that surrounds DC shows that DC has garnered strong audience goodwill in the decades since they started.

I doubt movie goers want that particular favour. Recently 1.whatever Billion of them said " Thank you we are still interested. What else you got?"

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So we are finally getting Robin the Toy Wonder from DC 1 Million????? Hell Yeah!!
    We are not that lucky. Bruce Wayne junior

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    We are not that lucky. Bruce Wayne junior
    Nah, Bruce Wayne the 36th.