Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

If I was in charge of DC entertainment, and given Ben Affleck's resignation as Batman, I would can all future Batman and Superman movies and integrate the characters into the CW Arrowverse. The Batman series have always done better at least in pulp fiction as tv series.

It seems with the introduction of Batwoman, Titans and Superman, the stage is set for a new chapter for DC entertainment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian can be just as flexible, has more story potential and more importantly he is more interesting. any story you can tell with tim you can tell with Damian but not the other way round.

We already had a robin similar to Tim and the audience didn't exactly embrace him or get excited.
    It would be better to have Batman's own biological son Damian for a Robin movie launch. Don't let Fred Wertham come back from the dead. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete26 View Post
    If I was in charge of DC entertainment, and given Ben Affleck's resignation as Batman, I would can all future Batman and Superman movies and integrate the characters into the CW Arrowverse. The Batman series have always done better at least in pulp fiction as tv series.

It seems with the introduction of Batwoman, Titans and Superman, the stage is set for a new chapter for DC entertainment.
    You realize that even the most humble, modest, film success nets WB far more profit than any of the CW shows, heck, probably more profit than all of the Arrowverse shows combined. Why would WB want to shelf Batman's and Superman's film franchises to make much less money on some CW show? The two aren't even remotely comparable in terms of profitability. And there's no guarantee that their shows would even be good, or that they would boost their pop culture standing any. It just isn't good.

Now, I'm not saying WB shouldn't make Batman and Superman TV shows again, they absolutely should. I'm just saying they shouldn't can any movies with those characters. Frankly, WB/DC needs to learn that the audience can accept two ongoing portrayals of characters at once and stop insisting characters can only be in either a film or TV series instead of both. I want a CW/DC Batman and a separate film Batman.

Outside of the Batfamily, I wouldn't mind if Bruce teamed up with Bronze Tiger, Katana or Metamorpho. Doing a Batman/Green Arrow film is a great way to play with the fact people see Green Arrow as Batman-lite.

Plus there is always Batman Inc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian can be just as flexible, has more story potential and more importantly he is more interesting. any story you can tell with tim you can tell with Damian but not the other way round.

We already had a robin similar to Tim and the audience didn't exactly embrace him or get excited.
    If there's anything that defines Damian is his inflexibility.

Around 90% of Tim stories can't be told with Damian.

None of the ones involving high school for example. For the simple reason that they are very different characters.

As for Damian being more interesting, we just have to agree to disagree.

BANNED

I would say that Damian has proven quite flexible--to abandon the lifelong teachings inculcated into him by his mother and grandfather, and make himself their enemy--in order to embrace the philosophy and life of his father. About 180 degrees apart.

I didn't mean to start a Damian vs Tim war or imply that Damian was a bad character. My concern was about his age but after watching Umbrella Academy I think they would just age him up. It has a shot at backfiring like what happened in the Percy Jackson movies but its a risk you would take.

Damian and Tim aren't interchangeable which is a good thing. It gives you more reason to have both.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-22-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a Nightwing film?

In that case, put me down for Jason Todd, since we'll have a new Batman and what not.

A kid (maybe young teen) with the stones to steal the tires right off the Batmobile after showing how regular criminals are terrified of Batman. But I wouldn't jump straight into his death or anything (and if it retcons Batman having already lost Robin, that's fine, as it didn't make any sense to leave Joker alive after that when its shown this Batman doesn't mind killing criminals).
    The Nightwing movie was put on hold because of The Batman delays which was because of Affleck leaving. Because they dragged it out we probably won't have a Nightwing movie anytime soon.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    I have to agree here. The kid's as flexible as a slab of cement.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The irony is that in today's climate Duke and Carrie have the best chances of making it on to the big screen. Because they are diverse and in demand. Fans speculating need to look at the market. If anyone told us Cass would make her big screen debut before Dick we would have called them crazy.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post

Around 90% of Tim stories can't be told with Damian.

None of the ones involving high school for example. For the simple reason that they are very different characters.

As for Damian being more interesting, we just have to agree to disagree.
    Aside from the fact that we already have a few stories of Damian in High school and fans loved them. Fans to this day are still demanding more of Damian and the gotham Academy kids and the SS issues we saw at ReevesWest were well received.

Well More interesting is subjective. Though creators seem more drawn to/interested in Damian. They appear to exploring the character. More so than they do with Tim.

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-22-2019 at 11:00 AM.

I have always thought BATMAN #700 could be a great movie.

Battle for the Cowl too, if they rework Jason character to his less crazy version. They could show the hero versus antihero conflict, they could introduce the whole bat familly and ended it with Tim deducing Bruce is alive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I have to agree here. The kid's as flexible as a slab of cement.
    Just my opinion, but I feel that Damian is "growing in grace", evolving, and everything he says can't be taken literally. Like telling Dick he knows a trick to make his heart move within his rib cage. It's obvious to me--as a well-seasoned adult and parent--that the kid is exaggerating to high heaven in order to try to make himself look more skilled in the eyes of someone he admires. He's been raised as an aristocratic spoiled brat and the whole universe revolved around him--to making himself put others first, and discovering it's oddly easier than he'd anticipated.

I would agree with you that Carrie or Duke would be the Robin in the next movie. Trotting in more white boys isn't very diverse.

To be fair Damian doesn't have to be white and could easily be mixed race. And I could just see them racebending Dick/Jason/Tim so I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Richard Grayson should be lean into more of a Watson role. Closer in age to Bruce and more of a partner. I'd actually keep him as a detective, like John Blake was. Someone who figured out Bruce's identity and opted to help.