Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post
    I read an opinion piece on the CBR site that questioned the necessity for another Batman movie. I have to agree with the sentiment. We don't need another Batman movie. I would expect that the superhero phenomena we are seeing at the moment will be either waning or over by 2021. Couple that with the need for a new Batman, Tom King's awful run on Batman, I am really not interested in the Dark Knight. There is nothing new to say about Bruce Wayne that has not already been said, written, directed nor acted in other formats.

The DCEU, aside from Aquaman and Wonderwoman, has been a disaster compared to the brilliantly developed MCU. I think Warners should walk away from superheroes and do movie goers a favour
    Whoever this we is may not need a Batman movie, but WB feels they need one and I would go see it. The disaster wasn't the DCEU movies per say. The disaster was giving Zack Snyder the keys to the Cadillac.
    Everything he didn't have a direct involvement in has been a hit. Made a lot of money for the money spent to make it. Even Suicide Squad. Now that Snyder has no direct involvement I think The Batman will
    also do well. Also looking forward to Shazam!, Joker, Wonder Woman 1984, Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harely Quinn), The Suicide Squad, and Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post
    I read an opinion piece on the CBR site that questioned the necessity for another Batman movie. I have to agree with the sentiment. We don't need another Batman movie. I would expect that the superhero phenomena we are seeing at the moment will be either waning or over by 2021. Couple that with the need for a new Batman, Tom King's awful run on Batman, I am really not interested in the Dark Knight. There is nothing new to say about Bruce Wayne that has not already been said, written, directed nor acted in other formats.

The DCEU, aside from Aquaman and Wonderwoman, has been a disaster compared to the brilliantly developed MCU. I think Warners should walk away from superheroes and do movie goers a favour
    WB just needs a different take on Batman, which seems like what we are getting with Reeves' The Batman. A more comic based Batman hasn't really been done since '66. Focusing more on Batman's relationships with the family hasn't been done before. There is always more to say otherwise Batman would've been faded away back in the 40s.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    WB just needs a different take on Batman, which seems like what we are getting with Reeves' The Batman. A more comic based Batman hasn't really been done since '66. Focusing more on Batman's relationships with the family hasn't been done before. There is always more to say otherwise Batman would've been faded away back in the 40s.
    I'd like more family focus, but I can't see it happening onscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd like more family focus, but I can't see it happening onscreen.
    Why not? It only makes the most sense storywise (since it hasn't been done before outside of the end of Batman Forever) and it means multiple movies for WB. Which means more money.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Why not? It only makes the most sense storywise (since it hasn't been done before outside of the end of Batman Forever) and it means multiple movies for WB. Which means more money.
    Well, Warners seems more sensible than DC--maybe an animated movie?

A bat-family centered film would be cool but I could see them avoiding it because the film could feel too unfocused or divided.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    A bat-family centered film would be cool but I could see them avoiding it because the film could feel too unfocused or divided.
    Any movie can be that with a terrible management. After Infinity War and Spider-Verse I'm convinced anything superhero related can be done well on the big screen. A bunch of people without powers in costumes is a walk in the park.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

I wouldn't be opposed to doing another Robin origin story but it all depends on the execution.

For one thing, Dick would need to be an active participant in the movie and have agency in the plot, He can't just mope around Wayne Manor until the very end. His parents also need to be killed by a common criminal with no connection to the main villain of the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Any movie can be that with a terrible management. After Infinity War and Spider-Verse I'm convinced anything superhero related can be done well on the big screen. A bunch of people without powers in costumes is a walk in the park.
    Infinity War had the adavantage of having all the charcters allready established in previous movies.
    For a Batfamily movie you probably had to start with a smaller cast.

Honestly, I think its time they actually put the batfamily on screen. I just think we are going to get it in drips or through spinoffs like Batgirl/Nightwing first (if they end up happening at all).