Default Hammerhead Appreciation (2019)

from Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #3 (1981)

From his first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man #113 (October 1972),

I'd love to have seen Earth-616's Hammerhead meet up with Spider-Man Noir (Spider-Man from Earth-90214), but . . .

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Hammerhead is an interesting b-list villain. Someone who will always be a part of a gang war but rarely the front and center of a story arc. His PS4 version was a great chance to put the character in the center of a story arc, although i hated the cyborg Hammerhead developement.

As a reader of the late 80s-early 90s, i loved the team up of Hammerhead with Chameleon.Hammerhead was the man with the resources and the raw power, whil Chameleon was the cunning guy who could cause confusion and steal intel.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Mighty Member

Whatever happened to his moll Myrna?

I've always liked Hammerhead, he's a cool throwback to the Dick Tracy villains. More should be done with the guy, it would be cool to see him mix it up with Daredevil for a change.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update '89 No. 3 (September 1989):

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

An awesome villain who strangely hasn’t been modernised as much as he could be.
    Ultimate Hammerhead was an interesting villain who tackled him a little more modern.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    An awesome villain who strangely hasn’t been modernised as much as he could be.
    I depends on how they "modernize" him. Part of his design was that he was a throwback to old-style (1930s) gangster movies.

And then there was the time Hammerhead showed up for the wedding of Doc Ock and Aunt May . . .

BANNED

Hammerhead stopped Otto's marriage to Aunt May...for that I am eternally grateful