Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59
  1. #31
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Damn. Pete. That girl Gwen, doh...
    If youd have dropped that bus, we couldnt even be mad.
    She thicka than a snicka.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  2. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It wasn't a response to Gwen's death. The new stories started before Gwen had been killed off in the USA. The publisher stopped making comics before they caught up to Amazing Spider-Man #121.
    And now I just found out they did eventually resume publishing the comic in the 80s briefly, and yes, they got around to reprinting Gwen's death.

  3. #33
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    While it's not necessarily a big deal (more of a novel amusement than anything I guess) I hope Marvel capitalise off of this somehow, either with a collection or maybe a "what if" type AU mini for fun. In any case, it's good to see regular flavour Gwen get some shine as an important character and love in the Spider-Man mythos.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

    ♪ღ♪░M░E░P░H░I░S░T░O░ W░A░S░ R░I░G░H░T░♪ღ♪

    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

  4. #34

    Default

    The Guardian has the story, including the thoughts of artist José Luis González Durán.

    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...N5ohYge1_oEJf0

    Pretty sure El Hombre Araña will be popping up in the next Spider-Verse/ Spider-Geddon sequel, and that translations of some form seem inevitable.

  5. #35
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Again, poorly researched article going with the "we started our own comics because Gwen's death!" when we have already clarified that that was not the case. It does mention that they asked permission a year before Gwen's death, so why is this the ongoing narrative beats me.

    The fact that even Duran somehow remembers that that was the reason of the new stories is what really makes me doubt the claim that they asked permission to Marvel.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 03-05-2019 at 09:54 PM.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Again, poorly researched article going with the "we started our own comics because Gwen's death!" when we have already clarified that that was not the case. It does mention that they asked permission a year before Gwen's death, so why is this the ongoing narrative beats me.

    The fact that even Duran somehow remembers that that was the reason of the new stories is what really makes me doubt the claim that they asked permission to Marvel.
    Given how old he is, it's possible that he's being fed responses or given leading questions, or confusing stuff. That's how it reads in that article. It's too short and lacks details which suggests something just fishy.

    I honestly don't know why this is a big deal. Marvel put out of House of M Spider-Man to show a vision of Peter and Gwen married which is more than this comic has done. The Fox cartoon showed a Peter and Gwen married. This isn't some forbidden fruit exactly.

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Given how old he is, it's possible that he's being fed responses or given leading questions, or confusing stuff. That's how it reads in that article. It's too short and lacks details which suggests something just fishy.

    I honestly don't know why this is a big deal. Marvel put out of House of M Spider-Man to show a vision of Peter and Gwen married which is more than this comic has done. The Fox cartoon showed a Peter and Gwen married. This isn't some forbidden fruit exactly.
    One of Zdarksy's Spectacular Spider-Man stories even has Peter married to Gwen.

  8. #38
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Was the original thread title really that bad?
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

    ♪ღ♪░M░E░P░H░I░S░T░O░ W░A░S░ R░I░G░H░T░♪ღ♪

    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Was the original thread title really that bad?
    If I recall, it implied facts that were in contention.

  10. #40
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Why is there so much Gwen ass in this Mexican Spider-man series, what is going on

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Given how old he is, it's possible that he's being fed responses or given leading questions, or confusing stuff. That's how it reads in that article. It's too short and lacks details which suggests something just fishy.

    I honestly don't know why this is a big deal. Marvel put out of House of M Spider-Man to show a vision of Peter and Gwen married which is more than this comic has done. The Fox cartoon showed a Peter and Gwen married. This isn't some forbidden fruit exactly.
    i think it’s less that and more the idea that another “mainstream” continuity occurred in another part of the world, with the spider-marriage being the most obvious difference

    i imagine if we found out that russia had decided to keep ben reilly as spider-man all this time or aunt may remained dead in the uk or any variation of 616 history would be just as curious for people
    troo fan or death

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i think it’s less that and more the idea that another “mainstream” continuity occurred in another part of the world, with the spider-marriage being the most obvious difference

    i imagine if we found out that russia had decided to keep ben reilly as spider-man all this time or aunt may remained dead in the uk or any variation of 616 history would be just as curious for people
    The UK comic continuity is itself a curious piece because it started as a continuation of the tie-in comic for the 1990s Spider-Man animated series, and managed to outlast that show.Later stories saw them explicitly state that the MC2 and 2099 futures were canon to it.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The UK comic continuity is itself a curious piece because it started as a continuation of the tie-in comic for the 1990s Spider-Man animated series, and managed to outlast that show.Later stories saw them explicitly state that the MC2 and 2099 futures were canon to it.
    huh, didn’t know that. good?

    i know marvel uk transformers used to slot their stories inbetween the u.s ones so it was all one big continuity but after a while just said eff it and went their own way. i don’t consider either an alt, both are main continuities to me
    troo fan or death

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    huh, didn’t know that. good?
    Yeah, they're simpler stories (younger demographic) but they're fun. The Mayday stories are interesting, in one story, Peter tells Mayday that he met her as a young man when he travelled to her time (unlike the MC2 Mayday, who met 616 Peter by crossing dimensions), and the second story some years later sees Mayday travel back along Peter's timeline to stop Lady Octopus from assassinating him.

    i know marvel uk transformers used to slot their stories inbetween the u.s ones so it was all one big continuity but after a while just said eff it and went their own way. i don’t consider either an alt, both are main continuities to me
    I remember travelling up and down Glasgow constantly picking up the trades of the UK Collections as well as occasionally tracking down the original comics. I remember they even tied up an Ultra Magnus/Galvator storyline in one of the annuals (it wasn't even a very long story, as it had to share space with additional prose stories, puzzles and features, annuals in the UK are much different than the big sweeping stories you get in American comics)

  15. #45
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Newsarama just published a new article about the Mexican Spider-Man offshoot, interviewing the artist of those issues, a José Luis Durán:

    How GWEN STACY Was Saved (& Married PETER) In MARVEL's Mexican AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Title
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

    ♪ღ♪░M░E░P░H░I░S░T░O░ W░A░S░ R░I░G░H░T░♪ღ♪

    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •