Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Skaar: Son of Hulk - Appreciation 2019

Born in fire.

Raised by Monsters.

Fought Barbarians, Monsters, Demons and Gods.

He is the wielder of the Old Power.

He is Skaar, Son of Hulk and Caiera the Oldstrong.

well... does he even have powers anymore?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    well... does he even have powers anymore?
    Yes, he still wields the Old Power. And for the time being, his genetic heritage of being a Hulk is suppressed by the nanites Doc Green injected into his body... but I doubt that'll last.

BANNED

Skaar - Carlo Pagulayan & Ariel Olivetti

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Yes, he still wields the Old Power. And for the time being, his genetic heritage of being a Hulk is suppressed by the nanites Doc Green injected into his body... but I doubt that'll last.
    I really wish that someone would use him to fix that. We haven’t seen him since Banner’s funeral.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I really wish that someone would use him to fix that. We haven’t seen him since Banner’s funeral.
    Well, Al Ewing has expressed interest in Skaar and is more than likely to write him sooner or later down the road in The Immortal Hulk series, especially given how greatly Bruce Banner's death affected Skaar. That's some good news.

Well, Al Ewing has expressed interest in Skaar and is more than likely to write him sooner or later down the road in The Immortal Hulk series, especially given how greatly Bruce Banner's death affected Skaar. That's some good news.
    I really feel that's the other shoe that needs to drop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I really feel that's the other shoe that needs to drop.
    In due time. Betty, Samson and Rick are getting their moments. Sooner or later, Skaar will also be a prominent focus in future issues of The Immortal Hulk.

If he's to stay on Earth, what's his angle besides being "son of Hulk" at this point? With his preference for swords/axes, where is his place, if he is to be a "hero" among those who (mostly) don't kill or maim? Marvel has the Conan license again, so could he be shipped off to Hyboria?

I'd rather see Skaar in space than stuck in the Savage Land or Hyboria. Think more Thundaar than Conan, technology, sorcery, and brutal combat all mixed together.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I'd rather see Skaar in space than stuck in the Savage Land or Hyboria. Think more Thundaar than Conan, technology, sorcery, and brutal combat all mixed together.
    I'm totally with you here.

BANNED

Agreed. I would love that combination. I'd enjoy seeing Skaar exploring the cosmos, taking on all kinds of threats. Discovering his Shadow/Oldstrong heritage. Encounter new enemies, make new allies, and save worlds. It's been a long time coming.

Nice to see another thread for Skaar. He is definitely a favorite of mine and he is long overdue for some more exposure. He needs his gamma powers back as well. It would be interesting to see him meet Conan. I think Skaar would have been a perfect fit for the Savage Avengers.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice to see another thread for Skaar. He is definitely a favorite of mine and he is long overdue for some more exposure. He needs his gamma powers back as well. It would be interesting to see him meet Conan. I think Skaar would have been a perfect fit for the Savage Avengers.
    I would love a Skaar/Conan team-up and mini series. I hope we do get to see Skaar back in action soon, with all of his heritage. I could potentially see him on Savage Avengers, but I'd honestly prefer him to be a loner like his father. It suits him way better.

I would love a Skaar/Conan team-up and mini series. I hope we do get to see Skaar back in action soon, with all of his heritage. I could potentially see him on Savage Avengers, but I'd honestly prefer him to be a loner like his father. It suits him way better.
    Skaar being a loner works fine too. I just want him back in action being portrayed by a decent creative team. I would love for him to meet up with his father again, especially now that Hulk has his "immortal" persona mostly in control. I would also like to have him interact with more teen characters like the Champions, the X-teens, and even the Runaways.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!