Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82
  1. #61
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Where are these scans from? In his smaller/puny form he looks much more human than I thought he would. I figured he would have more of his gray skin and darker eyes. I liked seeing him activate his stone-form as well. It would have been cool to see Skaar use this moment to tap into his gamma powers and Hulk out again.
    They're from Civil War II: The Fallen One-Shot. It was an entire issue focused on those closest to Bruce Banner and who were devastated by his murder during that event. The reason the art is like that is that artist & colorist were rushing through the process, thus why details such as Skaar's eyes and other noticeable errors/lack of details in characters. It was the last time the Warbound and Skaar were seen in comics.

  2. #62
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    - Skaar reading Conan the Barbarian Comic -

    If this isn't further proof that we need a team-up, mini-series, or an ongoing involving Conan the Barbarian and Skaar, Son of Hulk, I don't know what is. Come on, Marvel! Bring these two together for some smashing, bashing and slashing of infinite enemy hordes!



  3. #63
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    They're from Civil War II: The Fallen One-Shot. It was an entire issue focused on those closest to Bruce Banner and who were devastated by his murder during that event. The reason the art is like that is that artist & colorist were rushing through the process, thus why details such as Skaar's eyes and other noticeable errors/lack of details in characters. It was the last time the Warbound and Skaar were seen in comics.
    Thanks. I like seeing Skaar with the Warbound and I certainly want to know what they have been up to as well. I'm sure adjusting to Earth life has been awkward for them at times.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  4. #64
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    - Skaar reading Conan the Barbarian Comic -

    If this isn't further proof that we need a team-up, mini-series, or an ongoing involving Conan the Barbarian and Skaar, Son of Hulk, I don't know what is. Come on, Marvel! Bring these two together for some smashing, bashing and slashing of infinite enemy hordes!


    These panels always made me chuckle. I think Skaar and Conan would get along...eventually.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  5. #65
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    - Skaar vs. Hulk -

    - Gary Frank -



  6. #66
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    Which villains outside the Hulk franchise would you all like to see Skaar face? I would have liked to have seen Skaar battle Vulcan while Skaar was still in space and Vulcan was obviously still alive. it would have been interesting to see if Vulcan could manipulate the Old Power energies.



    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  7. #67
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    AIPT: Skaar: Son of Hulk The Complete Collection review


    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ection-review/



  8. #68
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    AIPT: Skaar: Son of Hulk The Complete Collection review


    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ection-review/


    That was an interesting review and I like what was stated about the series. I'm also glad that the it received a high score. It definitely makes me want to have another Skaar ongoing!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  9. #69
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Which villains outside the Hulk franchise would you all like to see Skaar face? I would have liked to have seen Skaar battle Vulcan while Skaar was still in space and Vulcan was obviously still alive. it would have been interesting to see if Vulcan could manipulate the Old Power energies.
    I would like to see him team-up with the Silver Surfer, take on some cosmic threats. I'd love for Lady Hellbender to get an upgraded, Lagertha-esque Viking redesign, as she could have hordes of giant monsters for Skaar to battle against and she could be a potential love interest. I could see him going against the Black Order, as well. Loads of potential with Skaar.

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That was an interesting review and I like what was stated about the series. I'm also glad that the it received a high score. It definitely makes me want to have another Skaar ongoing!
    I think there is quite a bit of us who would love to see Skaar get an ongoing series. Provided it's by a very competent writer and superb artist team. Last thing we or the character needs is mediocrity and abysmal treatment, so it'd have to be someone like Al Ewing, Greg Pak or Donny Cates.

  10. #70
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I would like to see him team-up with the Silver Surfer, take on some cosmic threats. I'd love for Lady Hellbender to get an upgraded, Lagertha-esque Viking redesign, as she could have hordes of giant monsters for Skaar to battle against and she could be a potential love interest. I could see him going against the Black Order, as well. Loads of potential with Skaar.

    The Black Order would be perfect foes for Skaar. I also think that Terrax the Tamer would also be a great foe for Skaar. They both wield tremendous strength and energies; plus Terrax can manipulate Earth/rock just like Skaar. Add in the fact that he carries a giant axe to combat against Skaar's swords and I think we have a nice rivalry.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I think there is quite a bit of us who would love to see Skaar get an ongoing series. Provided it's by a very competent writer and superb artist team. Last thing we or the character needs is mediocrity and abysmal treatment, so it'd have to be someone like Al Ewing, Greg Pak or Donny Cates.
    Great points. I think Ewing or Pak would be perfect for Skaar.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  11. #71
    Spectacular Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    166

    Default

    I know so little about this character beyond his fist appearances. Where is a good place to start? What are his powers exactly? Is he just a Hulk with swords? As strong as Hulk?

    From the little I've seen/remember of Skaar, I think it'd be great to see him stuck in the Negative Zone for a while, maybe help expand what types of worlds exist out there. All kinds of chances to visit worlds with unknown alien creatures, races, science and monsters, before maybe facing Annihilus and finding a way back home.

  12. #72
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    You can start with the Skaar: Son of Hulk series and then move on to the Incredible Hulk: Son of Banner (#601-605). He had a mini series called Skaar: King of the Savage Land but it really wasn't that good IMO. After that I think he was a member of the Dark Avengers for a bit.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  13. #73
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

    The Black Order would be perfect foes for Skaar. I also think that Terrax the Tamer would also be a great foe for Skaar. They both wield tremendous strength and energies; plus Terrax can manipulate Earth/rock just like Skaar. Add in the fact that he carries a giant axe to combat against Skaar's swords and I think we have a nice rivalry.
    Yeah, especially that version of Terrax who took on the entire Illuminati and was a member of Thanos' Cabal in Hickman's run. Great design and as powerful, if not more so, than the 616-Universe Terrax which would put him around Silver Surfer's level. I'd still give Skaar the edge with planetary manipulation and power due to the Old Power, as what little we've seen it do can be quite devastating - Driving Galactus mad with Hunger; Poisoning Galactus; Ripping K'ai from the Microverse and hurtling it across the universe; etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I know so little about this character beyond his fist appearances. Where is a good place to start? What are his powers exactly? Is he just a Hulk with swords? As strong as Hulk?

    From the little I've seen/remember of Skaar, I think it'd be great to see him stuck in the Negative Zone for a while, maybe help expand what types of worlds exist out there. All kinds of chances to visit worlds with unknown alien creatures, races, science and monsters, before maybe facing Annihilus and finding a way back home.
    Skaar is a great character. Very unique, powerful and intriguing. I mean, some who look at Skaar and think he's just a combination of Hulk, Tarzan and Conan the Barbarian. They couldn't be more wrong. He's all that and a lot more. I definitely recommend reading more about him, as nj06 suggests.

  14. #74
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Yeah, especially that version of Terrax who took on the entire Illuminati and was a member of Thanos' Cabal in Hickman's run. Great design and as powerful, if not more so, than the 616-Universe Terrax which would put him around Silver Surfer's level. I'd still give Skaar the edge with planetary manipulation and power due to the Old Power, as what little we've seen it do can be quite devastating - Driving Galactus mad with Hunger; Poisoning Galactus; Ripping K'ai from the Microverse and hurtling it across the universe; etc.
    I think a battle between Skaar and Terrax would certainly cause a lot of destruction. I also think the ripple effects from their powers would be felt world-wide. Tidal waves, seismic tremors, volcanic eruptions, etc. should all occur if these two battled one another.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  15. #75
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I think a battle between Skaar and Terrax would certainly cause a lot of destruction. I also think the ripple effects from their powers would be felt world-wide. Tidal waves, seismic tremors, volcanic eruptions, etc. should all occur if these two battled one another.
    Most definitely. It'd definitely be at minimum, continent shaking and city leveling. And if the Old Power along with the Power Cosmic is brought into play, it'd make the earth quake.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •