Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Weapon H/Hulkverine - Appreciation 2019

An experiment designed to be the ultimate weapon...

A soldier/mercenary forced to become a monster...

Spawned from the DNA of Wolverine and a Hulk...

Given an adamantium skeleton and claws...

His name is Clayton, but he is classified as...

WEAPON H!

Last edited by GreenScar1990; 02-17-2019 at 06:33 AM.

BANNED

Weapon H has been a fun surprise. It's a silly concept that shouldn't work but yet does. Looking forward to the first issue of Hulkverines out this week and curious as to what Clay's future in the MU will be. Will he be cured at the end of the mini and his story will just close out or will he remain as Weapon H and just go into character limbo until someone decides to use him again? Or does Marvel actually have future plans for this guy? He isn't on the Savage Avengers roster but he'd sure be a good fit for that. I can't imagine he'll get another solo too soon so being part of a group would seem to be his only chance of staying in the game.

My gut feeling is that he's going to get shelved and Pak is going to close out Clay's story. Too bad as I think Clay has a lot of potential but if he goes away, at least it's been fun while it lasted.

Spectacular Member

looks like his tale is set to continue for a bit

weah.jpg

which i am glad about as i was really enjoying weapon h

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Weapon H has been a fun surprise. It's a silly concept that shouldn't work but yet does. Looking forward to the first issue of Hulkverines out this week and curious as to what Clay's future in the MU will be. Will he be cured at the end of the mini and his story will just close out or will he remain as Weapon H and just go into character limbo until someone decides to use him again? Or does Marvel actually have future plans for this guy? He isn't on the Savage Avengers roster but he'd sure be a good fit for that. I can't imagine he'll get another solo too soon so being part of a group would seem to be his only chance of staying in the game.

My gut feeling is that he's going to get shelved and Pak is going to close out Clay's story. Too bad as I think Clay has a lot of potential but if he goes away, at least it's been fun while it lasted.
    He's not going to be shelved immediately, we know Clay is in one of the WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE one-shots (which should be fun)

BANNED

Hulkverines #1

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    looks like his tale is set to continue for a bit

weah.jpg

which i am glad about as i was really enjoying weapon h
    Awesome! I didn't catch that solicitation - good to know Clay's still going to be around!

BANNED

March and April 2019 Weapon H Solicitations

HULKVERINES #2 (of 3)

GREG PAK (w) • GUIU VILANOVA (A)
    Cover by Greg Land, Jay Leisten & Frank D’Armata
    VARIANT COVER BY TONY MOORE
    SLASH AND GRAB!

The Hulk is already on Weapon H’s tail — but now Wolverine is involved. And he’s got an Adamantium-laced bone to pick with Weapon H. But they’re not the only monsters coming for Clay. The Leader and Dr. Alba meet at last — and the result will transform the course of Clay’s entire life. Weapon H veteran Guiu Vilanova returns with the second installment of a classic clash in the making!

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

HULKVERINES #3 (of 3)

GREG PAK (W) • ARIO ANINDITO (A)
    Cover by GREG LAND, JAY LEISTEN & FRANK D’ARMATA
    Variant Cover by GERARDO ZAFFINO
    THREE HULKVERINES – BUT ONLY ONE WEAPON H!

Together, the Hulk’s old foe the Leader and Weapon H’s own creator, Dr. Alba, have managed to do what the Weapon X program never could: capture and transform the two greatest fighters in the Marvel Universe. And now they’re heading straight for a nuclear power plant. It’s up to Clay to stop them — but what is one Hulkverine against two? The conclusion of the clash of the century!

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Incredible Member

I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed issue 1.
    More specifically the dynamics of Clay and his wife/family.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

It was great! Specially the Leader!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    It was great! Specially the Leader!
    Yup. Leader was well written. Though tbh I'm not sure I have a comparative reference.
    Never paid much attention to Clay but he (and his supporting cast i.e. the fam) seem interesting.
    Shame I can't get behind the actual character of Weapon H though. It's just too silly.
    Hoping by the end of this he's de-powered a bit. Maybe make his "Hulk form" more like Brawn/Old She-Hulk.
    Or make him unable to use the claws while Hulked-out.

BANNED

May 2019 Weapon H Solicitations

WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE WAR AVENGERS #1

DENNIS “HOPELESS” HALLUM (W) • KIM JACINTO (A/C)
    Variant Cover by Nick Bradshaw

CAPTAIN MARVEL AND HER WAR AVENGERS HOLD THE FRONTLINE!

While two other Strikeforce teams head out to other realms, Captain Marvel leads the fight to reclaim the Earth! But even with a crew of heavy hitters (Weapon H, Captain Britain, Venom, Deadpool) and two of the best spies on the planet (the Winter Soldier and the Black Widow), Carol’s fighting a losing game. Malekith’s allies are without number — and the battlefield bigger than any Carol’s commanded before. Time to lay it all out on the line — and fight for a miracle.

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Hey guys, Ario here. Glad you guys enjoyed the book!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by batsheva View Post
    Hey guys, Ario here. Glad you guys enjoyed the book!
    was particularly gutted when weapon h was cancelled so it was great to see his story continuing. What i initially thought was a bit of a comic throw away stunt (was very wrong) i find weapon h a refreshing change of pace for a character with so much raw power being a down to earth family man. characters like clay don't come along very often in this day and age of comics. may the good work continue through the next 2