Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So the team from the scooby-doo batman movie? Any chance the adult sugar and spike will show up?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I would read the hell out of this book. My two issues with it, though, are Ralph's ugly suit and, is it just me, or would this not be better without Batman? His inclusion makes sense and it's not that I dislike Batman but he does have a tendency to overtake any book he's in. I would much rather have J'onn be the leader of this team.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I would read the hell out of this book. My two issues with it, though, are Ralph's ugly suit and, is it just me, or would this not be better without Batman? His inclusion makes sense and it's not that I dislike Batman but he does have a tendency to overtake any book he's in. I would much rather have J'onn be the leader of this team.
    I agree. J’onn would be a much better leader. One who secretly doesn’t have a thousand ways to take down their own allies. They literally force him and related characters into anything and everything. I would like to be excited for this story but we all know that these characters will play second fiddle. That’s not something I am interested in seeing.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

What kind of mysteries will this combined group of detective try to solve?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought it was just old-guy me who would think that way . . .
    E-Man was the first thought I had, too.
    Then Elastic Lad.

It wasn't until I read the line-up that I discovered it was Ralph.

Yeah, bad costume choice.

Add me to the list for the red, blue and yellow.
    I didn't care for the purple and white one, myself. I think I could like purple and white on him if they reduced the white to accent only.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    1. So about this Detective Guild thing. If Batman is the World’s Greatest Detective. Why does he need the other guys? Writers have been portraying him as a perfect god for years so I’m having a hard time seeing it. He can literally solve anything on his own. Vic and Ralph are amateur detectives compared to him. So I really don’t know what they can bring to the table.

2. I hope this doesn’t become yet another Batman book. We already have enough.
    Agree with point 2, especially If rumours about reduction of titles is true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I agree. J’onn would be a much better leader. One who secretly doesn’t have a thousand ways to take down their own allies. They literally force him and related characters into anything and everything. I would like to be excited for this story but we all know that these characters will play second fiddle. That’s not something I am interested in seeing.
    I'm just glad to see someone remember J'onn is a detective .

....SOLD

What a great premise. This book should be a lot of fun. I also think if they feel Batman should be removed this could be a great spot for Tim Drake to spread his wings out of that Bat family.

I know someone is going to say "But he is in Young Justice" or something but that doesn't really help things in my opinion.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-18-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

When have the Hawks ever been detectives? And what's with Traci's design here?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When have the Hawks ever been detectives? And what's with Traci's design here?
    Probably in some of their past lives, but in all seriousness they're probably there because Snyder thinks of Carter Hall as the "Batman of history."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm so happy Ralph and Sue are here and Metzler's IC is out the window.

Do we know anything about this "team?" It wouldn't surprise me if this is more of a loose association that's existed for awhile, but we've just never heard of. A place where detectives talk shop, get intel and consult, etc. Just a feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Has Ralph ever had a really good suit, though? Even the classic Silver Age one just seemed kind of busy and awkward. I'm usually a big proponent of costumes and masks for super-characters, but this might be one case where Ralph would be better-served wearing "real" clothes. That said, I don't mind the orange, probably because it does totally remind me of E-Man as others have said.

Also, anyone else getting a Robert Mitchum vibe from Slam Bradley? That's something they've intentionally gone with before, right?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do we know anything about this "team?" It wouldn't surprise me if this is more of a loose association that's existed for awhile, but we've just never heard of. A place where detectives talk shop, get intel and consult, etc. Just a feeling...
    I was thinking the same thing. Kind of something akin to an "explorers club," where they meet to swap info/theories, vs. going into the field all together as an official "team."

So Happy to see Vic away from Bendis also RALPH AND SUE!!!
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe