Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So the team from the scooby-doo batman movie? \

LOL pretty close

Just swap Plaz for Dibney, Canary with 13
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-18-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by güicho View Post

lol pretty close

just swap plaz for dibney, canary with 13
    Aquaman finds this OUTRAGEOUS
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Aquaman finds this OUTRAGEOUS
    Just be thankful Maxwell Smart, Don Knotts, the Globe Trotters, Sonny & Cher and the Addam's family aren't part of the team too.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-18-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What kind of mysteries will this combined group of detective try to solve?
    Judging by the team, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Does Traci 13 count as a detective? Is she supposed to be a "magic detective?"
    Traci never really had a detective gimmick, but her father Terry Thirteen did have the classic Carnaki the Ghost Breaker style of detection as his story formula back when he was a feature in 'Tec. Since he's dead, i guess Traci inherits his place.

Now that I think about it, everyone but the Hawks and the Question have had a feature in Detective Comics at some point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Traci never really had a detective gimmick, but her father Terry Thirteen did have the classic Carnaki the Ghost Breaker style of detection as his story formula back when he was a feature in 'Tec. Since he's dead, i guess Traci inherits his place.

Now that I think about it, everyone but the Hawks and the Question have had a feature in Detective Comics at some point or another.
    Hawkman:
    Detective Comics #428, 434, 446, 452, 454, 455, 467, 479, 480, 500
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Glad to be proven wrong!

As for The Question, Renee had the back-up feature when Kate's Batwoman was headlining Detective Comics back in 2009-2010, and Vic was in 1988's Detective Comics Annual #1 (in a story that was continued in Green Arrow Annual #1 and The Question Annual #1).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As for The Question, Renee had the back-up feature when Kate's Batwoman was headlining Detective Comics back in 2009-2010, and Vic was in 1988's Detective Comics Annual #1 (in a story that was continued in Green Arrow Annual #1 and The Question Annual #1).
    Not to forget that Vic is also in Action Comics at the moment and he did appear in some Bat-Books including Detective Comics leading up to and during No Man's Land in which I distinctively remember him headlining his own story with the Huntress
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Not to forget that Vic is also in Action Comics at the moment and he did appear in some Bat-Books including Detective Comics leading up to and during No Man's Land in which I distinctively remember him headlining his own story with the Huntress
    But the original comment/question was:

That's true. I wasn't even considering Vic had had a feature there, considering that during the bulk of the time 'Tec did other features, he was a Charleton character.

Why does Hawkman have organic looking wings and Hawkwoman's look more synthetic/mechanical?
    Sorry if it's obvious, I haven't been up on several of their latest incarnations.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-19-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Hawkman still has the traditional Thanagarian wings but Hawkgirl has a new set she got in Snyder's Justice League that are made of some new cosmic metal. It's still being explained atm.

Whilst I realise this is more of a "Have you appeared in detective comics or ARE a Detective ?" kind of group I just cant take ir seriously when on the left you've mostly grounded heroes (chimp is a little out there and Ralph doesnt need to use his powers frankly) versus The Hawks and J'onn. Like I get that we're complaining from a Doylist POV how Batman could overtake the team but from a Watsonian point of view its mostly redundant with J'onn there.

"Oh no someones been murdered!"
    "Give me a second....ok just scanned everyones minds in a 20 mile radius, found the killer and his M.O, give me another 5 minuites and I'll have him with my list of superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Whilst I realise this is more of a "Have you appeared in detective comics or ARE a Detective ?" kind of group I just cant take ir seriously when on the left you've mostly grounded heroes (chimp is a little out there and Ralph doesnt need to use his powers frankly) versus The Hawks and J'onn. Like I get that we're complaining from a Doylist POV how Batman could overtake the team but from a Watsonian point of view its mostly redundant with J'onn there.

"Oh no someones been murdered!"
    "Give me a second....ok just scanned everyones minds in a 20 mile radius, found the killer and his M.O, give me another 5 minuites and I'll have him with my list of superpowers"
    I think the writers were a bit more creative with him back in the Silver Age.
    Even Dr. Fate and Spectre investigated mysteries in the Golden Age without pulling the power card to auto-finish the adventure. Probably because the link between comics and pulps was still pretty close at the time.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.