Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The Exiles idea could of been fun, I kinda miss beasty boy not his beastly mode, that was a terrible look
    Jeen and Tyke grew on me once they stopped bitching about their older selves.

Magneto, Jimmy and Fantomex ideas, meh, nothin particularly innovative in those

HeX Men, hmm, always good to see more Pixie and it's nice to venture into mystical marvel sometimes

Bunn did wonders with M, imo. She was one of a very few x-characters that I actively disliked before he wrote her. She's not too bad now.

and compared to Gold, Blue was riveting!

Buncanny is one of the highlights of the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He wanted to keep writing magneto, then he was offered the 05 with Magneto
    And then he learned to love the O5. So they were forced on him, and just when he started to love them, they were taken away. The X-Office was doing some Schindler's List shit behind the scenes while we were getting Matt Rosenberg. Damn, Paniccia. Damn.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    The Exiles idea could of been fun, I kinda miss beasty boy not his beastly mode, that was a terrible look
    Jeen and Tyke grew on me once they stopped bitching about their older selves.

Magneto, Jimmy and Fantomex ideas, meh, nothin particularly innovative in those

HeX Men, hmm, always good to see more Pixie and it's nice to venture into mystical marvel sometimes

Bunn did wonders with M, imo. She was one of a very few x-characters that I actively disliked before he wrote her. She's not too bad now.

and compared to Gold, Blue was riveting!
    I think Bunn brought M Back.

Imo, Peter David ruined her in X-Factor and she wasn't likable there. But Bunn's Monet actually seemed like an adult continuation of the one from GenX. From what little I saw, Strain did well with her too,

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think Bunn brought M Back.

Imo, Peter David ruined her in X-Factor and she wasn't likable there. But Bunn's Monet actually seemed like an adult continuation of the one from GenX. From what little I saw, Strain did well with her too,
    Yeah, I liked Peter Davids X-Factor Investigates, mostly, but the constant snark of all the characters got repetitive

Bunn gave M some great story beats, made me care for her

Jimmy with that Poison sh!t????
    Yeah he lost me on that lol

I wish he had more issues with Uncanny, he clearly was getting better with each arc and the characters were great. Besides Warren, I liked the voices they had in the run. But that era of X-men (Terrigen cloud and its bull) was suppose to end, cause it was horrible in concept. I wished he could choose other characters to write in Ressurxion and continue Bunncanny somehow.

But regarding X-men Blue, I'm happier the way it is. Did not want the O5 like Exiles at all and the Jimmy-venom stuff was beyond boring for me. I think Bunn did great, for most part, the way it was published. But I think editorial could have had more respect for him. He was responsible for the O5 and was completely shut down for the plans Marvel had for them. I like Extermination, but they could have given Bunn some bigger participation on it. He said they didn't even want him to write the O5 for the last arc of Blue, he had to fight for it.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

More from Bunn's tumblr as he responds to asks

A: Hi Cullen, I love/hate hearing all of the things you had planned but couldn't get to during your tenure in the X-Books. What other plans did you have for Monet before Uncanny wrapped and Generation X resolved her Emplate possession and how were you going to detour back to her story when she was initially teased as one of Magneto's targets during X-Men Blue?

Bunn: Yeah, I had a much longer story in mind dealing with Monet's “possession” by Emplate. It would have mirrored Sabretooth’s own descent. When X-Men Blue came out, I didn’t know there were plans for Monet, and I would have resolved that in the pages of Blue at some point. I’m glad it was resolved somewhere.

A: Had Uncanny continued, would Psylocke really leave the team or would you work her way back in?

Bunn: Tough to say. That was the ending I wrote based on knowing the book was finished. If, for some reason, I needed to pick it up from there, it might have been cool to see Psylocke following Magneto’s team as an outsider.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-17-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Part of me wants to know what he was gonna do with Emma, but another part of me doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cullen Bunn has answered a question about what he wanted to do if his Uncanny and Blue runs had lasted longer.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/18...o-be-done-with

It's obvious that Blue was cancelled early and didn't reach it's natural conclusion. We already knew Uncanny was as well.
    It's notable that he had no ideas involving Polaris. Meaning either what he did was what he meant to do all along, or what he did was what editorial wanted him to do, with nothing in the mix of "I would've done it this way if I had the chance."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I would have loved to see a Magneto and The Brotherhood title.

BANNED

I would like to see Fantomex story.
    In fact, they just cut the plot like All New X-Factor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Between Amanda Sefton/Jimaine Szardos, Ilyanna Rasputin, Forge, Whiz Kid, Pixie/Megan, etc. there's easily enough supernatural stuff going on around the X-Men to have warranted a class on sorcery and witchcraft, at the Xavier school. (Ilyanna's a cautionary tale of what can go wrong, without that sort of training, and supernatural threats are as real as any other, and can affect the lives of people like Dani Moonstar, in the form of demon bears or trips to Asgard and flying horses, so there's not really much excuse for ignoring such things.)

I could see even such luminaries as Dr. Strange showing up as a guest-lecturer to make sure that the X-teens are learning what books *not* to read aloud from, or who *not* to make a supernatural deal with (coughMEPHISTOcough) if nothing else...

A vampire or monster hunter like Blade or Elsa Bloodstone could also provide some useful information. As Storm and Jubilee can attest, sometimes the monsters don't stay in their own genre, and get all bite-y on mutants!

I normally like Bunn's work (I LOVED his Uncanny) but his Blue never quite did it for me. I understand the editors may have been too involved but he could always have left the book instead of putting out sub-par work.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I normally like Bunn's work (I LOVED his Uncanny) but his Blue never quite did it for me. I understand the editors may have been too involved but he could always have left the book instead of putting out sub-par work.
    In retrospect his Blue as weird as it was kept me at least more entertained than what we have now.

I just can't vibe with this Age of X-Man stuff and I'm not a fan of the current state of Uncanny.