Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Incredible Member

Can somebody, anybody, tell me why Lobdell insists on beginning every issue with the "I used to be Nightwing/ I'm not Nightwing" shtick? It's like he wants to rub salt in the wound each issue. Just sounds like a broken record.

Nice art though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Can somebody, anybody, tell me why Lobdell insists on beginning every issue with the "I used to be Nightwing/ I'm not Nightwing" shtick? It's like he wants to rub salt in the wound each issue. Just sounds like a broken record.

Nice art though.
    Could be editorial mandate or something. Even King, as much as I've dropped Batman, hadn't planned on Dick's amnesia thing lasting this long. He wanted to bring in Zatanna and magic everything back to normal. Someone from higher up decided to keep it otherwise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Could be editorial mandate or something. Even King, as much as I've dropped Batman, hadn't planned on Dick's amnesia thing lasting this long. He wanted to bring in Zatanna and magic everything back to normal. Someone from higher up decided to keep it otherwise.
    This is not exactly the case.

King did not plan anything for Nightwing after the shot.

King said he offered the option to heal Dick magically if DC did not want the "shot" to interfere with Nightwing comic. However, DC chose to create the amnesia plot.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-17-2019 at 07:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

King said he offered the option to heal Dick magically if DC did not want the "shot" to interfere with Nightwing comic. However, DC chose to create tge amnesia plot.
    It would have been a lot better if King had wanted to shoot Tim in the head and DC gave him amnesia instead of Dick. It'd be a great way to get rid of . . . . nevermind . . . . .

I honestly didn't know Joker's Daughter was still a thing.

I hope all this ends soon, I'm ready to actually start reading Nightwing again.

BANNED

If Joker's Daughter had to come back or else all the polar icecaps would met, just have her be the results of her mom sitting in the Joker's old bathwater--not have her be Two-Face's daughter.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 02-18-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

King said he offered the option to heal Dick magically if DC did not want the "shot" to interfere with Nightwing comic. However, DC chose to create the amnesia plot.
    King says a lot of things. He also wanted Tim to take up the mantle of Nightwing while Dick was gone.
    King's batman is about batman being isolated by Bane, Dick Grayson batman's closest ally been benched works into that narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I honestly didn't know Joker's Daughter was still a thing.

I hope all this ends soon, I'm ready to actually start reading Nightwing again.
    None of us had a clue she was still a thing. This is just crappy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If it is indeed an editorial mandate, it's a crap one.
    He's Ric now - well done, clap for yourselves and go have some cake.
    Now let's move on and actually let him be Ric.
    Who knows, if they just focused on moving forward and not trying to remind us about what has happened maybe, just maybe, a good story could be told. <-- or is this wishful thinking?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    none of us had a clue she was still a thing. This is just crappy.
    ____ rt ____

There was some dumb **** with Joker's Daughter during Villains Month were her issue was under ordered compared to the rest, but because of that the physical issues of it were selling at much higher than expected numbers on resell sites and it made people at DC think her character had some interest and they kept using her in things. It was something stupid like that which lead to her appearing more than she should have because of some mistake. Been so long I forget the details.

But I'm so annoyed that you have all these other books that have the freedom to do such big stories pulling in all these different aspects of the DCU and Nightwing's book is still stuck with this Ric story and garbage like Joker's Daughter. Like I honestly think that people should be slamming DC far harder than they are for this Ric story and all the problems behind the scenes with it, but most fans are so caught up with just the stupid name change that the real problems with the book are being overlooked.
    Last edited by Badou; 02-18-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Are there still people buying this Ric rubbish?
    I hope you don't!

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Are there still people buying this Ric rubbish?
    I hope you don't!
    I'm not. Just not interested in a book about somebody who used to be Dick Grayson, but isn't, and used to be Nightwing, but isn't.
    My long box full of Nightwing runs is feeling pretty lonely right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I'm not. Just not interested in a book about somebody who used to be Dick Grayson, but isn't, and used to be Nightwing, but isn't.
    My long box full of Nightwing runs is feeling pretty lonely right now.
    Still in mourning but more pocket change for Twinkies.