Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nrama: Oh, sure they will. Solicitations indicate there’s a theme of identity behind this story. How is the story of the Joker’s Daughter thematically linked to Nightwing’s own identity crisis?

Kaplan: It’s beautifully linked. I had such an eureka moment when I saw it. The Joker’s Daughter, despite her crazy, violent methods and insane disposition, is actually trying to help people. You might even say she feels a sense of responsibility to society’s suffering freaks and rejects.

Ric doesn’t know how to process his amnesia and his past, so he’s just trying to live his normal life, but he’s ignoring his love for helping people and his responsibility to be a hero to the people of Bludhaven.

https://www.newsarama.com/43970-new-...-daughter.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    Nrama: Oh, sure they will. Solicitations indicate there’s a theme of identity behind this story. How is the story of the Joker’s Daughter thematically linked to Nightwing’s own identity crisis?

Kaplan: It’s beautifully linked. I had such an eureka moment when I saw it. The Joker’s Daughter, despite her crazy, violent methods and insane disposition, is actually trying to help people. You might even say she feels a sense of responsibility to society’s suffering freaks and rejects.

Ric doesn’t know how to process his amnesia and his past, so he’s just trying to live his normal life, but he’s ignoring his love for helping people and his responsibility to be a hero to the people of Bludhaven.

I really liked reading this interview, I kind of like the view of Kaplan on this story.

I still buy the issue with Ric, I'm kinda curious about how it can be worse than what it is right now. But I still find some interesting bit within the story line

Oh, man. Poor dude. Sounds like a nice guy, with a much better idea of Ric and what he should be then Lobdell and his utter crap, but this is too far gone. When it comes to now trying to insert an actual character arc here it is too little and too late. And quite frankly after this hodgepodge of creators, and the blatant rehash of relatively recent ideas, i think everyone already knows what deal is here with Ric and this so called "direction". But I wish the dude well, even if I’m sorry but that end statement was just bull crap.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-19-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I'm not. Just not interested in a book about somebody who used to be Dick Grayson, but isn't, and used to be Nightwing, but isn't.
    My long box full of Nightwing runs is feeling pretty lonely right now.

How I feel too, I think its a BAD move by DC, especially when they handed the keys to the kingdom to King. (Little play on words, there, did you get it?) It was like, "Ok so, NW is gonna get shot in teh head, becomes "Ric," and then whatever the next writer wants to do with him's fine.

I've said it once, I've said it again, RICHARD JOHN GRAYSON aka NIGHTWING DESERVES to be an A-List DC Superhero who has his own set of villans and his OWN adventures, with a "FEW" crossovers in Gotham.

PLEASE DC, fix this CRAP!!!!

why is this still happening

At least Dick seems to be semi relevant in the DCEased event in May, he's on the panel when the heroes bring down Darkseid. Probably means he'll suffer an awful death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post

Feel bad for him. It is the same bs that Lobdell and Nicieza said during their newsarama interview when they were trying to sell the Ric story. It all feels completely fake and I'm sorry that this Ric story is his gateway into DC. No one deserves this.

I mean I get he can't tell the truth and be completely honest about the situation. Like saying things like, "Yeah, the Ric Grayson story hasn't met fan expectation and has been kind of a disaster, especially with trying to find creators to write and draw it, but real reason the Ric story is still going on isn't because we need more issues about Ric trying to find his way but because it is mandated by management and editorial to coincide with King's ongoing Batman story about wanting to isolate Bruce. So you have to wait until that story finished until the Ric story will end", or something along those lines.

Maybe in a few years some of the writers involved with this can tell us the behind the scenes stuff about this situation.

lets give the lad a chance? I'll at least check out his first two scripted issues and see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    lets give the lad a chance? I'll at least check out his first two scripted issues and see what he can do.
    Please no. Please nobody support any of this run in any way financially.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Please no. Please nobody support any of this run in any way financially.
    I'm not saying that you should pirate it and then if its good buy it...

but...

Let’s not get too optimistic, he’s still just scripting for Lobdell here.

Jurgens is still solicted in the coming months, so it's not like they're testing this new guy. They're not gonna test him, replace him with Jurgens, and then put him back on for a proper run. He's another hatchet man in a long line of hatchet men. There is no reason to support his filler or any of this crap run even a sliver.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Do we even know if Jurgens is confirmed as the new permanent writer or is he gonna be another temporary one?

I'm sure he's another hatchet men in a long line of hatchet men. This isn't a story, it's literally just a placeholder of suck.

Like, DC has to be trying to make this as dumb and as lame as possible so that they can eventually have a fresh relaunch look comparatively better right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Do we even know if Jurgens is confirmed as the new permanent writer or is he gonna be another temporary one?
    You know, I like Jurgens, and he would be able to do some good stuff I think, but I’m not sure he’s the future of Nightwing. And I have no idea anyway if he’s permanent or temporary.

But honestly, until they move on from this story, even a good writer is just going to be a band aid.

Placeholder of suck, I like that. I’m gonna totally use that from now on