Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Didio wants the character dead. The customers don't. Warners wants the copyright valid whenever they pull the IP off the shelf. Dead and undead. I've finally figured it out: Ric is a zombie. Looks like a zombie, smells like a zombie, acts like a zombie. Must be a zombie. Now I wanna see Ric crack open a skull with his teeth.

Ooh, that’s an idea. Zombie Nightwing. I could maybe even get that Nightwing is a Deadman tag line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ooh, that’s an idea. Zombie Nightwing. I could maybe even get that Nightwing is a Deadman tag line.
    Well, DC isn't doing anything with Boston Brand right now. Bludhaven is the DC version of the Phantom Zone.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bat family already has one resident zombie, don’t need another.

Could be worse. Instead of Ric we could be getting Talon Grayson instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Bat family already has one resident zombie, don’t need another.

Could be worse. Instead of Ric we could be getting Talon Grayson instead.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww--Talon Grayson. I meant FUN, brain-munching zombies--not more Tynion droppings.

I’d take Talon Dick in a cocaine heartbeat over hobo Ric. In fact, there’s Zombie Nightwing right there. Court of Owl was already preparing Dick to be a Talon. So Dick dies, awesomely, and then Bruce in his mad grief uses the courts Talon making techniques to bring Dick back. Giving us a Talon powered Dick, and Talon’s are basically just zombies. So there it is. Zombie Nightwing. Well that was super easy. A new ridiculous direction, that works within already established groundwork. I give you, Zombie Nightwing
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-20-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww--Talon Grayson. I meant FUN, brain-munching zombies--not more Tynion droppings.
    How’s Nightwing: Agent of Apokolypis sound?

The story where Dick gets turned into a parademon and shipped off into space?

BANNED

I don't think Babs fans will be happy with this issue at all.

Just another reason why my preferred headcanon is that the Babs and Rick of N52/Rebirth were split in two from the Dick and Babs that married in Convergence, and the latter are out there somewhere. No way am I accepting these putzes as the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't think Babs fans will be happy with this issue at all.

Just another reason why my preferred headcanon is that the Babs and Rick of N52/Rebirth were split in two from the Dick and Babs that married in Convergence, and the latter are out there somewhere. No way am I accepting these putzes as the canon.
    That scene was certainly... curious wasnt it? Seemed like either the author was trying to get rid of the Babs/Dick dynamic or that Kaplan was trying to write Babs as a bit defensive about losing Dick and not wanting to admit that she's sad to lose him in that regard as well. Either way, weird scene.

BEAUTIFULLY DRAWN THOUGH. I see why people are mad at wasting this guy on ric bullshit now.

LoL, this comic book is so poorly done. Ric himself is so poorly written. There is no thought actually put into this direction or character, and it shows in the blantant contradictions in its character.
    "I don’t want to be a superhero, but now I do. Thinking about helping people is the only time don’t feel helpless. Even though I’ve been telling people how fine and happy I am, and how I don’t want to be like Dick cause he was cazy. Oh and I don’t want to be Nightwing, cause that too was crazy, but sure I’ll work for you new Nightwing guy". Ric as a character is utter nonsense. It’s like no one actually working on this comic even reads it.
    Don’t even get mean started how utterly tone deaf it is to have this nobody as the authority over who can and can’t be Nightwing. It’s like they purposely want us to hate these characters.

Babs is the only thing I liked about this issue, besides the art. Though she too came off as a contradiction of herself. Going from I need him, to oh we just worked together. Oh and by the way I’ll kill you if you make him unhappy. Still she needs to scare off that crazy chick who is as delusional as Ric is. Ric is a mental trauma victim who has no clue who he is or what he really wants. As evident by how he says one thing and does another. He is basically a child who has only existed for like a month. She might be ok with him running away from his friends and family so he can live alone as a hobo and hang out with her, and she obviously believes his delusional bullshit, but being a delusional hobo isn’t actually healthy or ok. She didn’t know Dick, she doesn’t know if this person is fine anymore then Ric does. She’s just indulging in a mental trauma victim’s delusion.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-20-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Just saw the May solicit and the Ric thing will still be going on. If it rolls through summer that will be approaching a year. It’s got to start winding down soon. No way they plan on stretching it out for a year.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Just saw the May solicit and the Ric thing will still be going on. If it rolls through summer that will be approaching a year. It’s got to start winding down soon. No way they plan on stretching it out for a year.
    I can hear the dread in your voice. LOL.
    We all feel this way brother.

Amazing Member

This whole Ric arc is so bad. There hasn't been any progression whatsoever, and the characterizations are just abysmal. I don't know why I've kept this in my pull list for this long. Finally decided to drop it after this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by disillusion386 View Post
    This whole Ric arc is so bad. There hasn't been any progression whatsoever, and the characterizations are just abysmal. I don't know why I've kept this in my pull list for this long. Finally decided to drop it after this issue.
    Same here. I kept pulling to support Dick Grayson but this series just brings me down. I end up feeling angry, irritated and sad after reading these Ric issues. I don't understand why or how this is still getting greenlit. Even if DC's stalling or taking Dick off the table for the Bane plot to work. There are better ways to do it. [Zombie Nightwing over confused Hobo Ric. Zombie Nightwing at least sounds fun and could be compelling]

I'll pick it back up when Jurgens comes on [firmly believe that's when this Ric saga ends and Dick comes back]
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-21-2019 at 06:49 AM.

My real concern is how long they're actually gonna stick to this Ric stuff. I've seen the reception for it being poor. I dropped it because I want to read about Dick Grayson and tire of amnesia plots. But another few months, are they for real.