Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This issue confirmed most of the heroes are dead after falling in the black hole. How can Silver Surfer die in a black hole?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't know about Starfox. I think he's acting weird.

I wonder if he's somehow being controlled by Thanos or something.
    That was my thought last issue too. I wondered if Eros is suggesting Gamora as the person Thanos' brain patterns were downloaded into as a way of diverting attention from himself. After all, he's just as likely a candidate as she is--she's Thanos' surrogate daughter, but he's Thanos' brother. AND Eros already has a history of Thanos tampering with his mind (as shown in Dan Slott's SHE-HULK arc when a Thanos clone implanted false memories into Eros' mind, damaged his ability to control his pleasure powers, etc.

He's a far more likely candidate than most of the faces shown on Eros' target list last issue (Daredevil, Venom, Nick Fury...really?), and yet he never once said anything to acknowledge that or explain why he should be exempt from consideration.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    This issue confirmed most of the heroes are dead after falling in the black hole. How can Silver Surfer die in a black hole?
    I believe it simply confirms that they are MIA.... probably to reappear at the perfect moment to save the day.

Amazing Member

So there were a few characters I didn't recognize among the "Dark Guardians"... I see Gladiator, Eros, Wraith, CGR, and Nebula, but who are the others?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    So there were a few characters I didn't recognize among the "Dark Guardians"... I see Gladiator, Eros, Wraith, CGR, and Nebula, but who are the others?
    It looked like the Shi'ar Imperial Guard members Plutonia and M'Nell

Mighty Member

I don't know about Starfox. I think he's acting weird.

I wonder if he's somehow being controlled by Thanos or something.
    Or its the result of dying and being resurrected in Starlin's latest Infinity graphic novel.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm very annoyed by this book.

I am interested in the story and intrigued by the premise. However, I have zero interest in the key players; Beta Ray Bill, alternate universe Moondragon and Phylla and most of all, the Cosmic Ghost Rider. Even Quill, who is a character I do like usually, just feels off here. I guess Cates is still finding his voices for some of these characters.

Did enjoy seeing Wraith back though, and seeing Rich is going to show up next issue makes me happy
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

So it seems that this issue was hit by a bit of synergy considering that Gamora was referred to as Nebula’s sister. How did that get past the editors?

I got both issues. I really dig this! Prick Groot and Washed-up-Lord! The art is great and they even acknowledged that Pete looks like ****. 8 Cosmos out of 5.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So it seems that this issue was hit by a bit of synergy considering that Gamora was referred to as Nebula’s sister. How did that get past the editors?
    Yeah, lots of synergy there. I admittedly haven't followed Guardians that closely, so I'm not sure if this is the first time they established that they are "sisters" or if that's something they did prior to this. But it's a very different Nebula than the space pirate one who faced the Avengers back in the day.

Yeah, lots of synergy there. I admittedly haven't followed Guardians that closely, so I'm not sure if this is the first time they established that they are "sisters" or if that's something they did prior to this. But it's a very different Nebula than the space pirate one who faced the Avengers back in the day.
    I'm pretty sure it was the case in that Gamora mini a while back (back when all the Guardians had comics).

I believe at some point during Bendis' run they retconned Gamora and Nebula to be sisters just like the films, I think it was the Guardians Team-Up issues with the Avengers where Nebula first referred to Gamora as "sister" and then they just kept rolling with it.

The Gamora mini was really weird is that, at least according to the Marvel wiki so its probably not completely accurate, its listed as taking place in the MCU continuity. Which honestly given how much retconning and synergy there's been in the comics, that story could work either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I believe at some point during Bendis' run they retconned Gamora and Nebula to be sisters just like the films, I think it was the Guardians Team-Up issues with the Avengers where Nebula first referred to Gamora as "sister" and then they just kept rolling with it.

The Gamora mini was really weird is that, at least according to the Marvel wiki so its probably not completely accurate, its listed as taking place in the MCU continuity. Which honestly given how much retconning and synergy there's been in the comics, that story could work either way.
    Honestly Marvel can’t even seem to get their own story straight with Nebula. Just a few months ago in Asgardians of the Galaxy Nebula was introduced as Granddaughter of Thanos which would make Gamora her aunt. Meanwhile in the last volume of Captain Marvel, the mirror universe Nebula was referred to as Gamora’s sister. Really the whole thing is a mess and Marvel needs to just pick a side and stick with it rather than flipping back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly Marvel can’t even seem to get their own story straight with Nebula. Just a few months ago in Asgardians of the Galaxy Nebula was introduced as Granddaughter of Thanos which would make Gamora her aunt. Meanwhile in the last volume of Captain Marvel, the mirror universe Nebula was referred to as Gamora’s sister. Really the whole thing is a mess and Marvel needs to just pick a side and stick with it rather than flipping back and forth.
    Marvel's synergy in a nutshell .

Loved this issue and am really enjoying this title.
    I believe Eros (Starfox) has Thanos' brain patterns within him, not sure he realises it though.
    It was good to see Moondragon stomp Cosmic Ghost Rider (please return him to his own timeline).
    I can't wait for Mistress Death and Hela to go at it, hopefully Thanos will be back by then.
    The variety of Marvel space faring/cosmic characters in this series makes it very interesting and a joy to read.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)