Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Guardians of the Galaxy #2

Quill with the drunk dial lol. Looks good and can't wait for more of this series.

I'm going to hop aboard this series because my pull list is shrinking and I need Quill content. Let's see if I can get over or learn to love Geoff Shaw drawing the greasiest Pete the universe has ever seen.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Shaw really does make Peter look greasy but i love the dude's art.

This takes place after Avengers No Road Home (issue 1 specifically said it took place before GOTG #1) and before X-Men Disassembled (we know because of Kitty's appearance here). Which is weird considering those two came out in the opposite order.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Kind of surprised Collector gets taken by surprise and tossed around by the Black Order. This is a guy who has handled entire Avenger teams based on the Power Primordial alone.

Extraordinary Member

They're really channeling Bendis here.

Which isn't bad, I think his dialogue can be fun. The art is greasy and off in places, but it works.

Also, just who is trying to find Thanos's head is pretty funny and sad.

Cannot wait!!!!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Donny Cates acknowledging the Peter & Kitty romance? As if I didn't already have enough reasons to love him!

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Kind of surprised Collector gets taken by surprise and tossed around by the Black Order. This is a guy who has handled entire Avenger teams based on the Power Primordial alone.
    That was before they turned him into MCU Collector, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Donny Cates acknowledging the Peter & Kitty romance? As if I didn't already have enough reasons to love him!
    I was more interested in the Gamora subtext. Feels like writers have been playing with that since Duggan.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Another nice issue.

Very cool issue and I'm just loving Shaw's artwork in this book.

Mighty Member

For me, Best issue of the Guardians since Abnett and Lanning. Once again, Peter Quill is not just a comic relief, a bad copy of his movie counterpart. Like with Kurt Busiek or Abnett and Lanning, he has real depth, traumas. And Starfox is finally interesting: it reminds his recent treatment by Jim Starlin (the only thing that I like in his recent run): a pragmatist, almost sociopath, who want to do good but think the end justify the means.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    For me, Best issue of the Guardians since Abnett and Lanning. Once again, Peter Quill is not just a comic relief, a bad copy of his movie counterpart. Like with Kurt Busiek or Abnett and Lanning, he has real depth, traumas. And Starfox is finally interesting: it reminds his recent treatment by Jim Starlin (the only thing that I like in his recent run): a pragmatist, almost sociopath, who want to do good but think the end justify the means.
    I don't know about Starfox. I think he's acting weird.

I wonder if he's somehow being controlled by Thanos or something.

BANNED

it would be ironic if Eros's attempting to prevent thanos from manifesting his consciousness into somebody results in his being taken over by his brother.