Default Hulk (MCU) vs. Black Manta (DCEU)

Hulk
    (MCU)

vs.

Black Manta
    (DCEU)

Battleground: Grandmaster's Contest of Champions Arena

Who do you think wins?

Hmm I would think Hulk?

Hulk with relative ease.

Black Manta's energy weapons might keep Hulk at bay temporarily, but they certainly won't do him any harm - and once he gets close, the Aquaman villain is well and truly dead.

That plasma beam's the only thing that'll keep Black Manta alive; though it's likely not strong enough to KO Hulk.

Ultimate Member

Oof, Hulk ragdolls him.

The eye beams may keep him off for a while but we saw an enraged Hulk plough through the Hulkbuster's repulsors.

Hulk wins handily here.

Manta's flight will keep him alive for a bit but Hulk wins in the end.

I see this being a stomp in Hulk's favor. I don't even think Manta's beams would really phase Hulk. Also, I don't think Manta's flight capabilities would do much since Hulk has some decent speed and jumping abilities. One hit from Hulk and Manta's done for.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I'm picturing the Loki scene all over again, except Manta would be in a much worse state afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I see this being a stomp in Hulk's favor. I don't even think Manta's beams would really phase Hulk. Also, I don't think Manta's flight capabilities would do much since Hulk has some decent speed and jumping abilities. One hit from Hulk and Manta's done for.
    Hulk has no speed and Manta would just have to move out of the way and Hulk just flys by him. There is nothing Hulk can do as long as Manta is in the air. Maybe a thunder clap but I don't think that would do much. The problem for Manta is he's going to run out of power sooner or later and then he's done for.

In the '08 Hulk solo film, wasn't Hulk fast enough to keep up with military jeeps when he fought them at the University? What are the limits to Manta's flight? I know he could hover around, but I don't recall his maneuverability being so great that the Hulk would not be able to tag him if he jumped towards him. Didn't Hulk manage to snatch the flying aliens out of the sky during the battle for NY?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Didn't Hulk manage to jump on a fighter that was going several hundred miles per hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Hulk has no speed and Manta would just have to move out of the way and Hulk just flys by him. There is nothing Hulk can do as long as Manta is in the air. Maybe a thunder clap but I don't think that would do much. The problem for Manta is he's going to run out of power sooner or later and then he's done for.
    In Avengers Hulk showed he has the reflexes to catch an ejection seat. Now I don't know the exact speed of the ejection system on an F-35, but it's not exactly slow.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard