Default Scenes you want to see in the next live action Superman film

What are those scenes you really want to see in the next live action Superman film?

It can be anything: action, drama, humor, suspense, etc. Also, please be specific.

I have lots of moments and scenes I want to see. For instance, "You are much stronger than you think you are" panel from All Star Superman comic. I want to see Superman saving, helping and interaction more with people on a personal level. I think a scene like that would show him as a very caring man.

note: I don't know why the second image appears in this post. Tried to erase it but couldn't see it. weird.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-17-2019 at 05:07 PM.

If we’re keeping Cavill:
    72CF5996-3E28-488E-BA37-8C0A6A824567.jpg

If we’re doing a reboot give me this guy:
    1AD419B5-939C-49CE-97B0-9BE3EF74246E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If we’re keeping Cavill:
    72CF5996-3E28-488E-BA37-8C0A6A824567.jpg

If we’re doing a reboot give me this guy:
    1AD419B5-939C-49CE-97B0-9BE3EF74246E.jpg

Can you be more specific with the kind of scenes you wish to see?

There is a complication. Will the next Superman be the same Superman whom Henry Cavill was playing. Or we are starting all over again with an all new, all different Superman?

It changes things with what they do. But i want a lot of scenes. Not necessarily the exact same scene. But if one can capture the spirit i would consider that a success. (My list would be very Morrison heavy).

First point. I want them to show Superman. Not God-man. Seriously, all modern Superman films are doing this. He is the God man. Way above us. Not among us. This pseudo philosophical bent is boring. I need Superman who saves cats from trees.

Superman is someone who would save the day like others. True. But he is a hero who can spare time to talk a bit. Stargazer, your choice is the best and most well known example. He is an all around nice guy. He can spare a moment or two to appreciate Metropolis' finest. (Superman Adventures #41). Or he can even help a kid repair his bicycle. (I don't remember the exact issue. But it was in the most weird place. A flashback issue in Injustice). Or when Superman cares enough to catch a balloon to see a kid smile(someone he saved earlier btw).

I don't want a Red Son movie. But Superman doing stuff like this. He is saving people in films. BvS had a great montage. But it lacked that intangible sense of warmth which Superman exudes.

Others are more random. Like Super romance.

Superman bringing flowers from Alpha Centauri 4. (They sing). Or he wants to kiss Lois on the moon. It doesn't necessarily be with Lois turned to Superwoman. Just Superman saying he wants that. You gotta be more creative with Super romance. Even the first film had him flying with Lois Lane.

There has to be a tour of the Fortress. Introducing the idea of his Fortress of Solitude.

And it has to be a proper Fortress with a door and a key.

And this scene has to happen if they are rebooting.

I just love the scene. The build up to it. And the jump itself. It was like i was jumping into orbit. I think the phrase is punching the air with joy. Very nice.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-17-2019 at 06:22 PM.

I can't put my finger on it exactly, but the action scenes were kind of weird to me in Man of Steel. I want something more like what we see in his animated movies. Give me that sort of super fight.

Other than that? Joy, just joy. I want to see Superman being happy on a regular basis in his next movie. Like his default state is smiling.

I've got a long scene with a lot of context, and a short scene with virtually none.

The long scene is a pre-movie montage, setting the stage for the world of Superman, keeping Zack Snyder's films in careful view, and doing nothing to contradict them, but adding to them as well.

Clark (played by Dylan Sprayberry) is talking to Lana Lang after they graduate high school, and it's basically a version of the "goodbye Lana" scene from Byrne's The Man of Steel or Loeb and Sale's Superman for All Seasons, where he tells her his secret but then also dumps her. The sun is setting on a hot summer evening over the old swimming hole. Clark stands on the dock, staring off into the sky. Dragonflies buzz through the reeds and gnats swarm in the air as he desperately struggles to put into words that he isn't sure what he's going to do with his life, but he knows he wants to help people, and he knows he'll never find himself in Smallville. Mention that life in Smallville has been even harder for him since his dad died a few years ago. Maybe mention something derived from the New 52 and the way its Lana planned to be a roaming electrical engineer. Both clearly have strong feelings for each other. Neither ever expects to see the other again. "Free Bird" plays in the background.

As the conversation finishes, Clark turns and walks away from Lana, looking after him, still on the dock. The song continues to play as it shows Clark doing what he did early on in Man of Steel, first still as Sprayberry and then as Cavill, building a little life for himself, and ditching it to save people, over and over and over again. Show him helping in the aftermath of the September 11th terrorist attacks, show him stopping a robbery in progress, show him helping out after hurricane Katrina, show him taking journalism classes at various colleges and dating Lori Lemaris while he's at it, discovering that she's a mermaid and then losing her forever to the differences between their worlds. Etcetera. Finally, time has progressed during the montage to the point where the events of Man of Steel take place. As the lyrics play "won't you fly high, free bird yeah", Clark, newly armed with his heritage as Kal-El, takes to the sky as Superman for the first time. From this moment, the guitar solo is accompanied by an elaborate montage of Superman's greatest feats and fights, starting with a handful of events in Man of Steel itself, but rapidly moving on to events inspired by various other pieces of media. Superman letting lethal amounts of raw electricity course through his body as Lois activates The Magnetic Telescope, sending a massive approaching meteor back to space. Superman holding back as he fights Resplendent Man in A Bolt From the Blue. Clark and Lois sharing a hotel room and discovering illegal collusion between an arms dealer and a senator from Honeymoon in Metropolis. Maybe a couple other moments from Lois & Clark theme songs. Superman fighting John Corben in a giant robot in Last Son of Krypton, fighting Parasite, catching a helicopter in one hand and Lois in the other from Superman I, disarming an angry mob and letting an energy cannon blast bounce off his chest in Superman and the Mole Men. you get the idea. As the montage winds to a close, the events of Batman v. Superman occur, with Superman discovering Luthor's manipulations, fighting Batman, and his death fighting Doomsday. He is then resurrected to totally wail on Steppenwolf, and the whole thing ends in the rightly beloved scene in All-Star Superman where he stops a woman from committing suicide, before he returns home to Lois and the rest of the movie starts.

I personally always thought the suicide scene from Grounded had more depth to it, but with a montage the more visually striking image is probably the better one to go with.

The second, less contextual scene, is much simpler. Sitting in an IHOP in Smallville, sharing a cup of coffee, Pete Ross asks Clark what Lex Luthor is like, this young, powerful and influential businessman who turned out to be a dangerous lunatic. Clark replies, with narrowed eyes, that Luthor puts on his pants one leg at a time - just like everyone else.

Immediately, the camera jump cuts to a bald Jesse Eisenberg in his room on his yacht, wearing silk boxers, lying on his bed, and flipping into a standing position into his dress pants both legs at once, as '70s dance music plays and he begins his daily session of illegal activity coordination, grooving around the cabin as he manages his criminal empire.
    Last edited by Adekis; 02-18-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I would like to see a more personal side to both Clark and Superman. Like conversations with other people that aren't just plot relevant for one thing. Reinforce that alien or not, he is a person among people.

When it comes to being Superman, as I always seem to mention I dig the Prankster. Mostly because he represents the problem with people. He doesn't want to break the world or kill Superman, but he is petty, obnoxious, and self serving. You take your family out of the establishment because of unpleasant behavior that's well within his right. By being a bad version of himself and manipulating the system, he's effectively contagious. You get mad when a cop pulls you over for speeding because the Prankster managed to run 110 mph and not get the same. But you're not mad at him, you're mad at the cop. You want to win, too. Superman wishes this was Doomsday or something he could just punch. If he tries to expose what the Prankster is doing like he would with Lex, that wouldn't really solve anything. I'm sure you get what I mean by now.

But it must be said that you can totally fill a movie with good stuff.

Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    There is a complication. Will the next Superman be the same Superman whom Henry Cavill was playing. Or we are starting all over again with an all new, all different Superman?

First point. I want them to show Superman. Not God-man. Seriously, all modern Superman films are doing this. He is the God man. Way above us. Not among us. This pseudo philosophical bent is boring. I need Superman who saves cats from trees.

Superman is someone who would save the day like others. True. But he is a hero who can spare time to talk a bit. Stargazer, your choice is the best and most well known example. He is an all around nice guy. He can spare a moment or two to appreciate Metropolis' finest. (Superman Adventures #41). Or he can even help a kid repair his bicycle. (I don't remember the exact issue. But it was in the most weird place. A flashback issue in Injustice). Or when Superman cares enough to catch a balloon to see a kid smile(someone he saved earlier btw).

I don't want a Red Son movie. But Superman doing stuff like this. He is saving people in films. BvS had a great montage. But it lacked that intangible sense of warmth which Superman exudes.

Others are more random. Like Super romance.

Superman bringing flowers from Alpha Centauri 4. (They sing). Or he wants to kiss Lois on the moon. It doesn't necessarily be with Lois turned to Superwoman. Just Superman saying he wants that. You gotta be more creative with Super romance. Even the first film had him flying with Lois Lane.

There has to be a tour of the Fortress. Introducing the idea of his Fortress of Solitude.
    I agree so much with your post... yes to all of that, especially the stuff I bolded.

This thread is about scenes you want to see in a future movie no matter what if a sequel or a reboot. It's about what you want to see, or to see more of. If it's a sequel, it would be so lovely if Superman gave Lois a flower from his trips to outer space. Or at least from another far away country similar to Superman 2. That would be very romantic. He could give it to her during a date when is planning to propose formally.

I would like to see a more personal side to both Clark and Superman. Like conversations with other people that aren't just plot relevant for one thing. Reinforce that alien or not, he is a person among people.
    Totally agree.

Thank you guys for your opinions. I really agree and see where you all are coming from.

It seems fans really want to see more light-hearted and heartwarming moments in movies. We've had so much angst but little joyful stuff, imo. The balance was way off I think.

I also want to see this scene with Superman in a podium talking to the world to tell them about his mission on this planet. We was going to do it in BvS but was stopped by Lex. It needs to happen, I want to see it. I need a great speech. Not long but good and meaningful.

i-sup4d.jpg
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-19-2019 at 09:24 AM.