Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Disney+ Looking at possible Shows/Mini Series for Qi'Ra, Lando, Finn and Poe

https://www.cbr.com/report-disney-so...oe-finn-lando/

Gotta say it would be awesome if any of these happened. Say what you want about the new trilogy and Solo, there were a lot of engaging characters and the promise of new adventures for them set before or after sounds exciting. My only sad feeling is that they didn't give another Rogue One character like Chirit and Baze a shot alongside Cassian, but ho hum.

I do hope they consider more minis with stuff outside the Disney movie characters though. We all want that Ewan's Obi-Wan thing to happen and I would love it if we got a pre Phantom Menace series with a young Qui-Gon and Dooku.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/report-disney-so...oe-finn-lando/

Gotta say it would be awesome if any of these happened. Say what you want about the new trilogy and Solo, there were a lot of engaging characters and the promise of new adventures for them set before or after sounds exciting. My only sad feeling is that they didn't give another Rogue One character like Chirit and Baze a shot alongside Cassian, but ho hum.

I do hope they consider more minis with stuff outside the Disney movie characters though. We all want that Ewan's Obi-Wan thing to happen and I would love it if we got a pre Phantom Menace series with a young Qui-Gon and Dooku.
    It was a big deal when Disney+ managed to get a Loki project, these characters just feel like leftovers.

Loki project: Above average
    Winter Soldier and Falcon: Average
    Finn and Poe: Below Average after The Last Jedi with a chance of moving up to average depending on how good episode 9 turns out to be.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Okay now another site is reporting totally different possible projects with Rose, Leia, Phasma, the Knights Of Ren and Darth Bane.

https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive...s-considering/

We might wanna wait and see what ends up getting confirmed properly first, though I would love a Leia or Bane series myself.

Looks like with GOT winding down Gwendoline and Emilia might not be looking too far for work if these rumors are true.

There's rumors the Knights might show up in 9 so maybe this kind of fits with that.

Bane could be an interesting one. Although most of his story is non-canon pretty much, the basics are there: Surviving Sith who created the rule of two. Clone Wars sort of gave him a Vader-esque design which was somewhat different from the bald, or crab-armor warrior seen in the old EU; it's going to be interesting to see if they incorporate the novel backstory in some way, especially since Disney has largely stayed away from the Old Republic era apart from stuff like flashbacks or old Jedi/Sith relics/temples etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

SWNN reporting Obi-Wan Kenobi will be the next series after Cassian Andor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Bane could be an interesting one. Although most of his story is non-canon pretty much, the basics are there: Surviving Sith who created the rule of two. Clone Wars sort of gave him a Vader-esque design which was somewhat different from the bald, or crab-armor warrior seen in the old EU; it's going to be interesting to see if they incorporate the novel backstory in some way, especially since Disney has largely stayed away from the Old Republic era apart from stuff like flashbacks or old Jedi/Sith relics/temples etc.
    Its interesting since I figured Bane and the Sith Wars might be the sort of thing that the Game Of Thrones writers were considering in their own trilogy, but one could imagine that there would be scope for numerous Old Republic concepts if Disney were willing to adapt or show them.

Rose I rather have in a Finn show than her own, she really needs a lot more plot development and character outside being Finn fangirl beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    SWNN reporting Obi-Wan Kenobi will be the next series after Cassian Andor.

This would be great, especially if Ewan was involved.

So some nice mini series to flesh out some backstory. Sounds good. I would love to see a live action doctor Aphra mini series. Would be fun seeing her in live action. A x-wing wedge mini series and captain rex around return of the jedi mini series would be great also. How about bringing Asoka into live action for a mini series?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

It sounds like news people are reporting what they might be saying instead of what's actually confirmed.

What on earth would be the premise for anything with Finn? The continuing story of hapless, bumbling trooper that can't fight, got friendzoned by the love of his life. He a walking troupe of the emasculated black sidekick. Besides after the bait and switching of him possibly being a jedi they made damn sure that he had no interesting experience or depth to his character. Mace Windu and Obi Wan Kenobi are the only two characters that rank as untapped and influential to the mythology.
    Last edited by dkrook; 02-26-2019 at 06:40 PM.