Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes,. I also do not enjoy having the Magic Lasso broken because there really is no point to it. The Lasso' s unbreajability is like it's elasticity and golden color--it is intrinsic property that is always there.

Writers need to be more creative and come up with some other plot, other than breaking the lasso.
    I totally agree. The first story it happened in, I think it was in JL and the villain was Rama Khan (IIRC) or something, was so anticlimactic and boring, IYAM.

One idea I had is the lasso is slightly different for each user. It does command the person to do what ever the wielder says it's the aftermath that's important. Do you guys think the other powers should also stay? Like the lasso can fix minds? can broke minds also. It can make fire.

I kind of like properties of Diana’s lasso to just be that it compels the truth, is unbreakable (elastic/durable), and offers some limited protections against illusions and/or dark magics when encircled in it - kind of like how Diana made a loop of it on the ground and put Vanessa in the center of it when Circe’s Beastiamorphs we’re attacking way back in the Perez run.

I always took the lasso being empowered by the Fires of Hestia to be figurative versus literal. Like it helps “burn” away deception versus literally being able to start a fire while Diana is camping with Hippolyta on Themyscira. They also give the lasso that nice glowy, sparkly look.

Leave the Lasso of Lightning for Cassie and the Lasso of Submission to Superwoman.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The unbroken lasso in DC is now to me a laughing stock. A few villains have bee able to easily get out of it. Why is dc trying this terrible? I mean there have been great reasons why some have but rebirth there have been no reason
    Maybe I'm out of the loop, but you say the "lasso in DC is now to me a laughing stock." What happened with the lasso that makes you say this? Have there been recent lasso developments of which I'm unaware?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I kind of like properties of Diana’s lasso to just be that it compels the truth, is unbreakable (elastic/durable), and offers some limited protections against illusions and/or dark magics when encircled in it - kind of like how Diana made a loop of it on the ground and put Vanessa in the center of it when Circe’s Beastiamorphs we’re attacking way back in the Perez run.

I always took the lasso being empowered by the Fires of Hestia to be figurative versus literal. Like it helps “burn” away deception versus literally being able to start a fire while Diana is camping with Hippolyta on Themyscira. They also give the lasso that nice glowy, sparkly look.

Leave the Lasso of Lightning for Cassie and the Lasso of Submission to Superwoman.
    And the lasso of Persuasion to Donna!

I agree with the figurative "Fires of Hestia" as that is how I view it too. The Lasso "burns" away the unreal. Sort of like "The Flames of the Phoenix" that sees thru things "like an X-Ray".

Wait if Diana gets her original lasso powers back how will Donna’s lasso be different? I mean I always thought part of what made the lasso dangerous was the will power of the user. I still think no god or super natural being should get out of it. The question now should the lasso almost act like a living being? I’m super friends it almost acted like that. Should Diana be able to control telepathy?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Deva did interesting things with it, even though Deva wasn't technically it's wielder at the time. But that was because Diana discovered to her horror that Deva could channel the power of Oblivion through the lasso even when bound by it.