Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Green Book was based on a real story Viggo was playing a real person here's the wiki page on the man he was playing https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Lip
    Slightly off topic anecdote, but I remember this one critic's Oscar list and who he wanted to win for Best Picture. He complained about the number of comic book movies out there (and this was 2005! Before the MCU!), about how it dilutes the film industry as a whole to lowest common denominator, and thus how most of his Top 10 of the year wouldn't be considered as Best Picture nominees.

But then what did he name his pick for picture of the year? A History of Violence, starring Viggo Mortensen, based on the comic book.

There's just something about Viggo Mortensen that makes people misunderstand what he's actually in.

Anyone gonna be watching tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    Anyone gonna be watching tomorrow?
    Naw but I'll check for updates if you wanna post them here. Hoping Black Panther wins for production/Costume design, Score and original song( havent checks the finals noms so iono if it was finalist In all of them) best Picture from the movies I've seen I'd probaly go Green Book. Honestly as far as emotionaly getting me Instant Family was my favorite of the year and it didnt get recognized for nothing that I know of. Think because it's from the daddy's home guy and stars Whalberg it's not getting a fair shake that movie had people crying like babies both times I watched it. Plus I'm a YMH fan and Tom Sagura was hilarious in all of his scenes.

Also while Malik was good I don't get why Bahamian rhaspody is nominated for everything. Black Panther seems to be getting all the backlash but I know alot of people didnt like BR including critics
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-23-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Lol, I pretty much haven’t seen any of those but black panther and star is born (and I hated the ending of a star is born...) so I probably won’t be watching much...

BANNED

I really want A Star Is Born to receive an Oscar. The movie was gorgeous!
    Lady Gaga and Cooper were a pleasure to watch and hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I really want A Star Is Born to receive an Oscar. The movie was gorgeous!
    Lady Gaga and Cooper were a pleasure to watch and hear!
    Wanna watch it just havent gotten around to it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wanna watch it just havent gotten around to it
    I recommend it without any hesitation!

I’m rooting for Black Panther to take the gold for Costume Design, Production Design, and Score. Spider-Verse seems like a lock for Best animated feature, and rightly so. Visuals is anyone’s guess but I’m personally hoping for Infinity War.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Naw but I'll check for updates if you wanna post them here. Hoping Black Panther wins for production/Costume design, Score and original song( havent checks the finals noms so iono if it was finalist In all of them) best Picture from the movies I've seen I'd probaly go Green Book. Honestly as far as emotionaly getting me Instant Family was my favorite of the year and it didnt get recognized for nothing that I know of. Think because it's from the daddy's home guy and stars Whalberg it's not getting a fair shake that movie had people crying like babies both times I watched it. Plus I'm a YMH fan and Tom Sagura was hilarious in all of his scenes.

Also while Malik was good I don't get why Bahamian rhaspody is nominated for everything. Black Panther seems to be getting all the backlash but I know alot of people didnt like BR including critics
    Black Panther's nominated in all the categories you hope it'll win. Bohemian Rhapsody's OK but it's baffling to me why it'd get nominated for anything but Best Actor. I don't want Rami Malek to win but I can see why the Academy nominated him. They typically like that kind of performance.

BANNED

Black Panther's nominated in all the categories you hope it'll win. Bohemian Rhapsody's OK but it's baffling to me why it'd get nominated for anything but Best Actor. I don't want Rami Malek to win but I can see why the Academy nominated him. They typically like that kind of performance.
    They do like that type of performance and it has made them predictable. in fact I know who will win next year for best actor. Taron Egerton playing Elton John in Rocketman.

If it is down to Malek and Bale. I want Bale to win. the media shoving Malek down our throats needs to backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    They do like that type of performance and it has made them predictable. in fact I know who will win next year for best actor. Taron Egerton playing Elton John in Rocketman.

If it is down to Malek and Bale. I want Bale to win. the media shoving Malek down our throats needs to backfire.
    Yeah, that didn't happen. It was a movie that got mediocre reviews, but that audiences loved. It overcame bad press from "the media" to be a monster hit. Mainly because of the love of Queen around the world. And the one thing most agree on is the dynamic performance of Malek as Freddy Mercury. So no one was shoving anything down your throat.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, that didn't happen. It was a movie that got mediocre reviews, but that audiences loved. It overcame bad press from "the media" to be a monster hit. Mainly because of the love of Queen around the world. And the one thing most agree on is the dynamic performance of Malek as Freddy Mercury. So no one was shoving anything down your throat.
    He's banned. Good riddance.

He's banned. Good riddance.
    My first reaction was "Rami Melak was banned?! Where?". Then I realized who. LOL
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Green Book was based on a real story Viggo was playing a real person here's the wiki page on the man he was playing https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Lip
    Though I should note that the accuracy of this account is highly dubious