BANNED

Default The Black Order/Cull Obsidian - Appreciation 2019

They are the chosen generals of the Mad Titan Thanos.

Each one a formidable, Avengers level threat.

Together, they're the deadliest and most vile team of villains in the galaxy.

The Cull Obsidian.

The Black Order.

I like this team a lot, especially Corvus Glaive and Black Swan

I wasn't impressed with the first issue of the mini series though, yikes, trying to give these characters humor was a huge WTF!

Vicious, sardonic and caustic humor maybe but not what we got in that book.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I fear they’ll quickly to be turned into “villains of the week.”
    Really like them, though. Probably most iconic new villains for quite some time.

I like all of the Black Order but I absolutely love Black Swan.

BANNED

The Black Order #4 - Preview

BANNED

I kind of want them to resurrect the Dark Riders as a recurring antagonist for this group. the Order have the strength advantage. but the Dark Riders have the numbers/fanaticism.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I fear they’ll quickly to be turned into “villains of the week.”
    Really like them, though. Probably most iconic new villains for quite some time.
    They started off as utter beasts in Infinity, but sadly Hickman sort of watered them down in Time Runs Out and afterwards. Heck, I think they were all largely killed, beaten or captured off panel last time we saw them under Hickmans pen.

They're coming off a little better now, though I thin they lost a lot of the momentum they had in their debut. Still, it says something that they're still being used. A lot of new villains basically vanish after their debuts. So they do have legs under them.

As much as I enjoyed No Surrender, these guys were nerfed.

Rogue taking down Corvus was legit, she had Wondermans and her own absorption powers, but Proxima being taken down by three humans was a WTF

I'm struggling with this mini, they all seem too 'chatty', verbose. Inner monologues are must-haves for some characters

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    As much as I enjoyed No Surrender, these guys were nerfed.

Rogue taking down Corvus was legit, she had Wondermans and her own absorption powers, but Proxima being taken down by three humans was a WTF

I'm struggling with this mini, they all seem too 'chatty', verbose. Inner monologues are must-haves for some characters
    Proxime being taken down by 3 humans seems to be a thing now after Infinity War.

But yeah... I think they were nerfed a bit too much since their initial showing. Proxima at one point held her own against Ewings MIght Avengers single handedly... and they were no push overs.

BANNED

The Black Order #5 - Preview

BANNED

I get Maw's grievance, but honestly Corvus was doing fine with the Black Quadrant post-Secret Wars, up until Thanos came back and well Corvus was never going to win that fight. Heck Ebony tried to one-up Corvus already once with Thane, and he and that plan failed spectacularly.

Also considering literally 3/5ths of the Black Order are family relatives, how exactly is Maw hoping that Proxima and Black Dwarf won't kill him for getting Corvus 'killed'?

And I think Maw has a contingency plan to spin his 'plot' in such a way that he can convince the Order he was 'pretending' to be on the Emperor's side, especially the part about Corvus suffering a horrible death. If he deliberately asks for a 'death' that would put Corvus near to the Emperor, then when Corvus comes back to life after 'dying', it would be unexpected and he can launch a sneak attack. And that's prolly how Maw would explain his actions or something.