Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Glory (BtVS) vs Lucifer (Supernatural)

No fingersnap exploding. Answer for Lucifer at whatever point in the series you want.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Are we ruling out molecular combustion as a whole? Because that's what Lucy does whenever he does his finger snaps of doom. Not that it matters much because Lucifer wins with ease. He's capable of warping reality, manipulating matter, time travel, weather/elemental control, teleportation, pocket dimensions, etc. Lucifer also carries around with him an Archangel Blade, a weapon specifically designed to kill nigh-invincible beings. Even if Glory found a way to hurt him, which is unlikely, Lucifer would instantly regenerate the damage.

Honestly, a closer matchup would've been between Glory and Castiel, the latter of which is nothing more than a pion to beings like Lucifer.

Time travel is of pretty limited usefulness here; it's not like he's demonstrated a lot of immediate combat effectiveness with it, like multiplying himself or anything, and there's no point in time in the arena that's really going to be of benefit to him to travel to.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Cas, pre-godhoood, had some massive ludicrous superspeed that he only rarely showed. Lucy is, or at least should be, better than Cas in every way.

That speed is way above anything Glory can show. And all of the angels have some silly TK and the archangels all have massive reality warping, to go along with that handy archangel blade Lucy carries around.

Basically, Lucy will "shoot" first, and I don't see Glory having enough to survive what he's going to do.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Castiel's speed is so rarely used I can't actually recall him using it. I don't think it's reasonable to apply to Lucifer under those terms without feats. Pretty sure Glory comes out ahead in strength (splitting the concrete foundations and walls, and collapsing most of a factory held together by steel beams by angrily stomping her foot), and probably comes out even or better for durability, though Lucifer can come back from physical destruction (albeit not fast enough to matter in the arena). Outside of everything else, Glory had that fall, which doesn't look like MUCH at first glance, but the perspective is handled really poorly in that scene. What we see for sure is that she's pretty much a fireball as she falls, and that requires her to have been moving way way above human terminal velocity.

Can't recall Lucifer's reality warping. Zachariah, of course, pulled off that big stunt with changing Sam and Dean's lives, but he also had a (mostly) unified heaven working with him, so we don't really know what he did on his own steam. What are Lucy's feats there?

Anyway, I'll agree with him having better ranged options. Which is to say, having ANY ranged options.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Cas did a thing where he searched, physically, every inch of a town between two words while he was riding in the back of the Impala with Sam and Dean. He also has, several times, gone from here to there, across a room, in a combat pose, instantly from the viewpoint of humans and demons (and the viewer). Now, he's absolutely NOT used such speed a lot of times, but we don't take it away from Superman just because he forgets to use it 9 times out of 10. Other angels have also done the "here snap there" thing several times as well.

All of the archangels who get any show time have done some reality warping. Lucy in particular doesn't do much that I recall, but given that he's explicitly stronger than any of the others except Michael, well, it kind of goes along that he can. Mileage may vary, of course, but Supernatural doesn't seem to give individual angels different powersets, just varying degrees of strength on the ones they all have.

They also don't generally show much massive strength: that's not really how Supernatural shoots. Angels are clearly much stronger than humans, doing things like chucking humans and human-sized foes pretty long distances with casual one-handed gestures, but Supernatural doesn't really get into the "massive super-strength dust-up" thing.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I can't speak to the fight, as I barely recall Supernatural. But the whole 'fall' thing causing Glory to burn makes scratch-zero sense and should probably be tossed. 'Falling' from high up isn't going to produce the kinds of velocity necessary to cause someone to combust - it's not like she was going through full-on re-entry like an orbital vehicle and getting into atmospheric compression and such. And without an engine to propel her or starting at such speeds, she's not going to accelerate to the velocity necessary to cause this to happen, as air-resistance will top her speed out well-before that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate