Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Don't let the haters here fool you. I was expecting not to like Iron Fist and it turned out it was the best and most tightly written of all the Netflix shows.there are issues with the fight scenes, but it's not the choreography, it's the cinematography. The scenes were filmed from all the wrong angles. The story itself though is the most engaging of them all.
    Along with this, I'd say that it's largely going to depend on the viewer. A few episodes in, you will probably know if it's for you.

Personally, I was a fan of the season one episode that RZA directed.

Edit:

One other thing...

I think it might be worth noting if you are big on the The Immortal Iron Fist run. If so, I could see the show potentially being a bit of a let down.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 04-07-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I just finished DD S2. I liked the early eps with the Punisher, then it got a bit jumbled with Electra introduced. But they pulled it all together by the end.
    Must say the Blacksmith end was anti-climatic.
    I wonder if I should skip Iron Fist, I have heard it just isn't that good. Maybe move on to Defenders or Punisher S1?
    If you're going to watch Defenders, I'd personally suggest watching all the shows that build up to it. There are some threads from Iron Fist which continue on in Defenders.

Though the various marvel netflicks shows vary in quality, none of them aren't worth watching IMO.

I just finished DD S2. I liked the early eps with the Punisher, then it got a bit jumbled with Electra introduced. But they pulled it all together by the end.
    Must say the Blacksmith end was anti-climatic.
    I wonder if I should skip Iron Fist, I have heard it just isn't that good. Maybe move on to Defenders or Punisher S1?
    Yea watch Iron fist my cousin who knows nothing about comics says it's his favorite. He also thinks that Fin Jones is the worst actor on a Marvel show. But the plot and side characters make it his favroite. Doesnt hurt hes in love with Coleen wing.

Thanks all. I'll watch IF. I only read the original Iron Fist books and the team up with Luke Cage. Not the later series.
    So it's on to IF, then the Defenders, followed by Punisher, JJ S2, LC S2 and DDS3. Right?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Thanks all. I'll watch IF. I only read the original Iron Fist books and the team up with Luke Cage. Not the later series.
    So it's on to IF, then the Defenders, followed by Punisher, JJ S2, LC S2 and DDS3. Right?
    IF S2 is before DD s3 I think.... been awhile now so I'm not sure but I think so

Yeah, Iron Fist THEN Defenders.

But after Defenders, I honestly don't think the order you watch them in necessarily matters EXCEPT for watching Luke Cage s2 before Iron Fist s2. With no second season of Defenders to build towards, I think all the other shows post Defenders are pretty much doing their own thing.

Though if anyone with a better memory than mine wants to correct me on that, feel free.

Thanks again for the input. And thanks for encouraging me to atch IF. 4 eps in and I like it so far.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Thanks again for the input. And thanks for encouraging me to atch IF. 4 eps in and I like it so far.
    You don't have a problem with Fin Jones acting?

No, he's not terrific like Charlie Cox or Krysten Ritter, but he is fine. He is suppose to be this noble innocent and that comes across. And he seems more like a dancer than a Martial Artist. But it works. (It worked for David Carridine in Kung Fu).
    It isn't nearly as intense as DD or JJ but that is okay. The story and other characters have kept me involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You don't have a problem with Fin Jones acting?
    I think the issue is less Fin Jones acting (I wouldnt' nominate him for any Emmy awards but he gets the job done), but rather the writing of the character.

I think Danny wasn't written very likable on his own show, or in Defenders for that matter. I do think that was corrected a BIT in his post Defenders appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the issue is less Fin Jones acting (I wouldnt' nominate him for any Emmy awards but he gets the job done), but rather the writing of the character.

I think Danny wasn't written very likable on his own show, or in Defenders for that matter. I do think that was corrected a BIT in his post Defenders appearances.
    He was pretty good in the Luke Cage episode. That was perfect Iron Fist, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Iono the scene where he storm out if the coffee shop on the meachems had such cringeworthy acting. I laughed out loud at a scene that wasnt suppose to be funny. Now yes hes written badly too in season 1. Finn also was scrawny and looked like he had never done a push up in his life but that wasnt his vault he was given little to no prep time and looked better in subsequent appearances

I am in the middle of ep 6 and starting to see what you all mean.
    If you need to fight the Hand, fight the Hand, if you don't give a s&*t about running Rand Corp, at least give your proxy to Joy or Ward.

I see what people mean about the writing. Danny is a bit of a dolt, he keeps saying he knows what he is doing, but he is too dumb to know what is really going on.

And how does the Rand Board take over when Danny has 51% of the shares?

I am on ep 9 and getting bored and frustrated. Wonder if I just skip to 12 & 13 I will miss anything important?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-14-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Finished Iron Fist. Just okay and a weak ending. Everybody you know was bad, was bad. Except maybe Ward, who is just a little bad. But all the Hand and Harold were really bad. Danny is the only one too dumb to figure it out. The weakest of the four shows so far.
    I may not take the time for S2 unless you all tell be there was a big step up in the writing.
    On the The Defenders and Punisher.