Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

the Punisher's ending was pretty good. plenty violent, but had some surprises mixed in. Too bad it can't continue on HBO or somewhere like that.

At least directors are still willing to hire the actors and not type cast them.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Sure, but having watched my fair share of these shows, I can very much imagine them not wanting to deal with Endgame fallout. It’s not too much of a stretch to see that being a factor in these shows getting cancelled.
    Yeah, I think it'll be tough for any of the shows still around to deal with End Game. A lot of the marvel shows have younger casts which you don't necessarily want to give a 5 year age jump too. I think the remaining shows across the board have to pretty much ignore the fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    At least directors are still willing to hire the actors and not type cast them.
    Why would they get Type cast? They didnt even do these characters that long and are all established actors. Finn Jones was the least established having only seen him in GoT. But everyone else been around for a long time.

Why wouldn't they get type cast? Most actors get judged by the most popular thing they were in or, in the case of some of these actors, the most recent popular thing they were in. My main point was these actors are already being hired to play roles that are vastly different than this, and the cancellation is still relatively recent.

Why wouldn't they get type cast? Most actors get judged by the most popular thing they were in or, in the case of some of these actors, the most recent popular thing they were in. My main point was these actors are already being hired to play roles that are vastly different than this, and the cancellation is still relatively recent.
    I really wouldn't say the marvel Netflix shows were that popular.

The actors in question have(and continue to do) enough other work that it would kick the legs out from under the odds of them being type cast.

It's not like we are talking about Jeffrey Combs.

Finn Jones and John Bernthal played chatacters in much bigger shows (Walking dead and Game of Thrones).
    Also most of them have been steady working while also doing these shows. Bernthal has been in like 5 mvoies a year on top of Punisher. To get type cast you need to do a single role for a long time and not do much else. Doesnt look like anyone on Game of Thrones has been type cast since most of them seem to do just fine outside that show. Also like someone else said these shows werent that big.

Type casting usually happens to young actor with no body of work who then do just one role for a long time. Daniel Radcliffe seems to have gotten past it but it happens. Older established actors like Chris Evan's or RDJ for example are gonna be fine.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When is the third season of Jessica Jones coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When is the third season of Jessica Jones coming?
    Well, the teasers have started.

It was announced to drop in April, May, or June of this year ... so I'm gonna go with June.

EDIT: Netflix has confirmed June, no exact date yet. Also, Ritter and co have confirmed it was designed to be the end for the character arcs of the series, even before the announced cancellation. She was going to move onto ensemble appearances ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-22-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well, the teasers have started.

It was announced to drop in April, May, or June of this year ... so I'm gonna go with June.

EDIT: Netflix has confirmed June, no exact date yet. Also, Ritter and co have confirmed it was designed to be the end for the character arcs of the series, even before the announced cancellation. She was going to move onto ensemble appearances ...
    It's nice that it's getting a real ending, unlike the other Net Flicks shows. That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's nice that it's getting a real ending, unlike the other Net Flicks shows. That's cool.
    I really think only Iron Fist and Luke Cage were very open ended. DD and Punisher we open but satisfactory for a finish.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I just finished JJ S2, now onto Punisher S1.
    I've done DD 1&2, JJ 1&2, Luke Cage 1, IF 1 and the Defenders. (not in that order) I figure after Defenders theorder doesn't matter as much.
    Hope to get to them all before they yank them off. Hope to getnto LC S2 next and then DD and JJ 3. Iwill wait to see how I like Punisher and IF is the low man on my list.

I like JJ S2, but man, does anybody behave in a non self-destructive way.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Of course not. Jessica Jones is terrible life choices the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I just finished JJ S2, now onto Punisher S1.
    I've done DD 1&2, JJ 1&2, Luke Cage 1, IF 1 and the Defenders. (not in that order) I figure after Defenders theorder doesn't matter as much.
    Hope to get to them all before they yank them off. Hope to getnto LC S2 next and then DD and JJ 3. Iwill wait to see how I like Punisher and IF is the low man on my list.

Order matters a little bit after Defenders. In the least you probably want to see Luke Cage season 2 before Iron Fist season 2 and Jessica Jones season 3.