Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Finished Luke Cage. The weakest ending of the three so far. More of a "to be continued". I liked the characters, but the show wasn't as good as the other two.
    On to DD S2.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Finished Luke Cage. The weakest ending of the three so far. More of a "to be continued". I liked the characters, but the show wasn't as good as the other two.
    On to DD S2.
    Luke Cage always seemed to end with sort of a "to be continued" ending. Which I think works as long as there's another season. Definately a shame it ended where it did.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Luke Cage always seemed to end with sort of a "to be continued" ending. Which I think works as long as there's another season. Definately a shame it ended where it did.
    No one say anymore, I haven't seen LC S2 yet.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

On to DD S2.
    What was your take on Cottonmouth and the villain switch midseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    What was your take on Cottonmouth and the villain switch midseason?
    Not that you were asking me, but I have mixed feelings on it.

On one hand I think he was a much more interesting character than Diamond back. But on the flip side, he essentially presented zero threat level to Cage. And with Black Mariah being build up, Cottom Mouth essentially would have been redundent if he stuck around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not that you were asking me, but I have mixed feelings on it.

On one hand I think he was a much more interesting character than Diamond back. But on the flip side, he essentially presented zero threat level to Cage. And with Black Mariah being build up, Cottom Mouth essentially would have been redundent if he stuck around.
    I agree, but I wish they would've found a way to make him a threat. Diamondback was terrible and ruined the Luke Cage series for me. The show never recovered IMO.

Luke himself was well written, well acted, and had so many things I liked. But the story around him was just not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I agree, but I wish they would've found a way to make him a threat. Diamondback was terrible and ruined the Luke Cage series for me. The show never recovered IMO.

Luke himself was well written, well acted, and had so many things I liked. But the story around him was just not that good.
    Yeah, Diamond back kinda sucked. They did a much better job with Cotton Mouth in the next season.

Marvel TV is going to auction off the Marvel Netflix shows props and costumes that seems to indicate to desire to resurrect the shows on another platform.

I am in agreement with the thoughts here about Cottonmouth and Diamondback. I thought all the gang bosses sitting there waiting for DB to kill them was kinda dumb, not that we haven't seen that before. It was a gritty crime story before CM took the big dive, then it got too sperhero-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Marvel TV is going to auction off the Marvel Netflix shows props and costumes that seems to indicate to desire to resurrect the shows on another platform.
    You're the first person I've seen have that take.

The industry standard has been when props are auctioned, the show/movie is done.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If they are auctioning off the infrastructure wouldn't that mean that whoever would resurrect the show now has the added expense of having to make new props and costumes? I don't
    see how this benefits continuing the show.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think the shows are not coming back in anyway like they are no. I honestly think Marvel is happy to have Daredevil back just in case Sony decides to take Spider Man back 100%. If Sony does decide to go it alone again as far as Spider Man goes I bet you will see and anouncement for a new big screen Daredevil movie soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Are you watching every season of each show at once?

DD S1,JJ S1,LC S1,DD S2,Iron Fist S1,Defenders, Pubisher S1, JJ S2, LC s2, IF s2, DD S3 and then Punisher S2 is the best order but honestly theres plenty of wiggle rooom. If you wanna get yourself hyped to get through it watch the Rofftop scene between Frank and Matt. Some of my favroite comicbook scenes every brought to life for tv
    I just finished DD S2. I liked the early eps with the Punisher, then it got a bit jumbled with Electra introduced. But they pulled it all together by the end.
    Must say the Blacksmith end was anti-climatic.
    I wonder if I should skip Iron Fist, I have heard it just isn't that good. Maybe move on to Defenders or Punisher S1?

BANNED

I wonder if I should skip Iron Fist, I have heard it just isn't that good. Maybe move on to Defenders or Punisher S1?
    Don't let the haters here fool you. I was expecting not to like Iron Fist and it turned out it was the best and most tightly written of all the Netflix shows.there are issues with the fight scenes, but it's not the choreography, it's the cinematography. The scenes were filmed from all the wrong angles. The story itself though is the most engaging of them all.

Thanks Bopp.