Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I really hope Fraction uses Cadmus in the Jimmy Olsen book. We need a fun weird comic like the old Superman’s Pal days.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    OK, sounds good, but what would the books be about exactly? Will it feature Superman/Clark Kent? Is it in continuity with the current books?

Seriously, what could a book about Jimmy Olsen be about? what kind of adventures can he have?

I accept my ignorance on this.
    Darkseid’s first appearance was in a Jimmy Olsen book. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I’d be more surprised if Rucka didn’t bring in Nicola Scott or like Bilquis Evely at some point. He worked with both on Wonder Woman and Nicola has expressed interest in working on a Lois book I believe. For writers, Kelly Sue DeConick has also said a Lois book is something she wants to do. She’s wrote a cute Valentines Day story in Superman Adventures and wrote Lois in Supergirl right before the New 52 reboot.

That’s an interesting combo I’d like to see more of actually. Lois and Kara.
    DeConnick worked on Superman Adventures and Supergirl? I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DeConnick worked on Superman Adventures and Supergirl? I did not know that.
    Supergirl was the last three issues before Flashpoint, #65-67. And I had that wrong, it was actually Adventures of Superman, the digital first series. Her story was one of the last there too I believe.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I sincerely hope that this Lois Lane ongoing series has guest appearances by Kate Kane Batwoman and Renee Montoya Question. Rucka's Detective Comics run in my opinion was the highlight of his career.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I’d be more surprised if Rucka didn’t bring in Nicola Scott or like Bilquis Evely at some point. He worked with both on Wonder Woman and Nicola has expressed interest in working on a Lois book I believe. For writers, Kelly Sue DeConick has also said a Lois book is something she wants to do. She’s wrote a cute Valentines Day story in Superman Adventures and wrote Lois in Supergirl right before the New 52 reboot.

That’s an interesting combo I’d like to see more of actually. Lois and Kara.
    Nicola Scott will theoretically be busy with Black Magick for the near future.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I think Rucka on Lois Lane can be solid. He's shown he can do the non-super side of a franchise with Gotham Central. If Lois is like that with her being an investigative reporter, tracking down leads, interviewing suspects and witnesses for a story, fighting with Perry over censorship issues, then that could be good. A newspaper reporting procedural.

As far as Jimmy, I also think he should do the newspaper reporting procedural thing, but maybe a little more heightened in dramatic tone. Jimmy could be more of the crusading, showboating, crime reporter as he was in his Bronze Age "Mr. Action" days. This was after the heyday of the Weisinger Silver Age goofiness, but I'd prefer it. Have Jimmy go undercover to bust gangsters and racketeers and infuse the stories with a real sense of tension and danger that they really couldn't do in the Bronze Age.

He should not turn into a giant turtle.

I don't want goofy stories with "callbacks" to the Silver Age. The Silver Age has been dead for 50 years, and it was more silly than good, especially where DC's Superman line is concerned.

It'll be great seeing Lois and Jimmy in their own titles again. I really look forward to these.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    OK, sounds good, but what would the books be about exactly? Will it feature Superman/Clark Kent? Is it in continuity with the current books?

Seriously, what could a book about Jimmy Olsen be about? what kind of adventures can he have?

I accept my ignorance on this.
    For those who might not know, jimmy olsen had a long running book of his own during the silver age and it's where Darkseid and the New Gods characters had their first appearance. Jimmy can lend himself to some really out of this world stories. I really hope they take some inspiration from the all star superman version.

I hope Jimmy’s series is 30 Rock but at the Daily Planet.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope Fraction uses Cadmus in the Jimmy Olsen book. We need a fun weird comic like the old Superman’s Pal days.

Yes! Cadmus is awesome and was one of the highlights of the triangle-era Superman stories.

At the same time, I'm hoping he will bring some of the more down to earth character stuff that made his Hawkeye such a delight. Working with Steve Lieber is definitely a good step in that direction.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Jimmy Olsen Stops the Invasion of Apokolips. Please and thanks.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If this Jimmy book doesn't feature references or flashbacks to Turtle Boy, his gorilla bride, Superman casually burning his father's day gift and collecting Superman's tears, we are wasting our time.

I wonder if Rucka will have cameos from his other favorite girls: WW, Batwoman, Huntress, Renee, Sasha, Cheetah, Veronica Cale...

Fantastic Member

The greatest news ever. Sincerely, thanks, Bendis, for this cool infusion into Sup-Books.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Just kind of want to relive this high, and also point out how amazing it is that we're in a era of Superman where we're getting a Clark as reporter book (Action), a Lois book, a Jimmy book, AND large scaled cosmic Superman book.

This just blows my mind. Lois, Clark, Jimmy, and Superman all have ongoing to themselves! Just let that idea wash over you for a minute.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Maybe they are preparing us for Lois Lane live action TV show before Superman. Could that work? How?

And it seems some want a more grounded Jimmy book and others a more fantastical one.. Maybe a mix of both?