Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Das it mane.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    GHJBLJKHBIYGVULKJBKUBHOJLKNBIHVBKJN

Yeah, I'll say it.....we've reach the best era of Superman books. Period. Fight me.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-16-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Although we're very early going I think there's room to posit that. We've recently lost JLC and Supersons but we're still gaining big time. It's been like 35 years since we've seen these types of spinoffs in play and these are some of the biggest modern creators.

I didn't want to go to the store tomorrow because it's out of my way, but I guess I have to
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

I've never realized up to now how much the current Super-verse is different from the previous relaunches - the first ones which come to my mind are the Loeb/Kelly era and the New Krypton era. Those were event-driven, plot-driven and revamp-driven (I mean, they revamped old Super-concepts). But the Bendis era seems to be entirely character-driven. What really counts are the characters - Supes, Lois, Jimmy, even Jor-El and Jon. There are storylines, of course, but everything is in service of the characters. The downside is that a character like Rogol Zaar so far doesn't fit, because we don't know his motivations and his story yet.
    As for the settings, they are very secondary in regard to the characters. With few exceptions, like the Phantom Zone. On the other hand, Krypton is very basic, almost mundane (there are also very earthly bathrooms!) and Metropolis is more focused on the aesthetics rather than its peculiarities. But I'd say that it is a very precise stylistic choice.
    It's an unusual approach - at least to me, since a redesign of Metropolis is an old obsession of mine - but so far it has been working, apparently (with some minor flaws, of course). If they'll do a Superman movie reboot one day, this is where they could refer to for the characters' voices.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021