Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    If that's the case then I don't think your theory on the subject of her book is gonna pan out. Looking at the solicit for issue 11, it looks like Clark himself finally decides to step up, and everyone's gonna be surprised by it including Lois.

I'm guessing whatever Lois learned will tie into whatever they have going on with the Question as a parallel to her.
    Possibly, but don't write it off yet. Lois and Clark appear to be undercover together in Leviathan Rising which also seems to wrap up in this one-shot. Might be a good time for Lois & Clark to have a heart to heart and get in that conversation before Jon's return given the wonky timeline and just in time for him to realize he needs to step up!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Very excited and pumped about a lois lane book.

I'm sure a jimmy book will be fun also, but I'll have to read a few interviews to be sold on whatever direction they are playing with there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I seriously hope Fration writes the Jimmy book like it's his Hawkeye book meets Venture Brothers.

I wonder how it specifically spins out of Leviathan Rising, especially if they technically "win" going off what the solicit says? Maybe he's in super secret witness protection?

And I'm now starting to think that Ruka will handle everything dealing with Lois' book and her motivations for her current choices.
    I'm guessing that the Leviathan event will run through Action, Lois, Jimmy, plus maybe few assorted tie ins elsewhere. Clark is going to be out of commission with him getting locked in that kryptonite vest thing while Lois and Jimmy investigate to try to figure out how to remove it. Superman will continue onward from unity which takes place after Leviathan.

While I've generally been pretty negative towards Bendis because of the whole Jon thing and worried over the future of the marriage(and my feelings on those issues hasn't changed), I admit I actually getting a little excited for this, which is making me feel conflicted.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Rucka on Lois? Yes please!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Rucka on Lois? Yes please!
    Greg Rucka + dark haired female character known for doing some sort of investigative work = GOLD

I feel like i can fill up three pages with dancing gifs. An ongoing for Lois and Jimmy! I know what to do till July. I better check out Faction's work. I have heard a lot about him. And i may check out that Gotham Central. Again something i have heard a lot. Rucka has written Lois before. Hasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I feel like i can fill up three pages with dancing gifs. An ongoing for Lois and Jimmy! I know what to do till July. I better check out Faction's work. I have heard a lot about him. And i may check out that Gotham Central. Again something i have heard a lot. Rucka has written Lois before. Hasn't he?
    He used to write during the New Krypton era. He wasn’t the best, but Lois is right in his wheelhouse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    He used to write during the New Krypton era. He wasn’t the best, but Lois is right in his wheelhouse.
    He also wrote Action Comics before Infinite Crisis, and there was some great Lois action there, particularly in the first arc, Battery.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    He also wrote Action Comics before Infinite Crisis, and there was some great Lois action there, particularly in the first arc, Battery.
    Adventures of Superman, not Action. Action during that period was Chuck Austen. We shouldn’t speak of that.

He wrote Adventures of Superman #627-648. It’s a solid run but got mucked with a bit by all the crossovers. His Lois in that is great.

Thanks Yoda, Sam and bigstupidjellyfish!

But why people think his Lois would be great? Has he written some other great stuff about women reporters? Women detectives? I am ignorant in that regard. The only stuff i have read of Rucka was his Wonder Woman Rebirth run. And that was nice.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

But why people think his Lois would be great? Has he written some other great stuff about women reporters? Women detectives? I am ignorant in that regard. The only stuff i have read of Rucka was his Wonder Woman Rebirth run. And that was nice.
    He wrote WW between 2003-04. His run was great. He also did Gotham Central. My favorite Batman series and he's barely in it! Lot of female detecive action there!
    Assassinate Putin!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Rucka has a knack for good representation. Stories like Lazarus, Gotham Central, the original pre flashpoint Batwoman, Black Widow, Elektra, and Queen and Country have strong female leads. Even in a story like the Punisher, he gave Frank a strong and likable female partner and made it work where that character had mostly been understood as a loner.

I wasn't so nuts about Adventures (hey Yoda, I thought Austen was better lol) but with this news it's rather worth checking out, too. At the least he isn't a guy who writes just to stay busy. Very thoughtful, down to earth stuff.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks superduperman and Kuwagaton. I can't do that much reading. But thanks for pointing me out. Some issues here and there won't hurt.

He writes her with a lot of agency and she’s intelligent, tough, and driven. Never dips in tropey or “strong female character” stuff though. The story in Adventures has her as an embedded war correspondent and she gets shot, then investigates her own shooting afterwards. It’s a pretty great subplot through his run.

But definitely check out Gotham Central, he co-wrote it with Ed Bruebaker and it’s a classic run. Probably has one of the few Joker stories I really like. Queen and Country is another great book. About a woman MI5 or MI6 agent. Very realistic take on like a real world James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    hey Yoda, I thought Austen was better lol
    So you were the one! Well the Reis art was great! I just remember there were supposedly retailers that were going to refuse to order any Superman book as long as he was still on the book. That was his last mainstream comic work wasn’t it?