Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It wouldn't hurt to check out Convergence: the Question for a short (two part) story set in the dcu with solid hallmarks. First issue of Gotham Central is 1 dollar on comixology too.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The whole run of Gotham Central is on DC Universe if that’s accessible where you’re at as well. And the first trade is on ComiXology Unlimited as well.

Mighty Member

Stumptown would be another good Rucka series to check out. It's about a female Jim Rockford-esque detective and could be a pretty good indication of what Lois's investigations might look like.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Thanks everyone! Sweet of you to inform me about some 'essentials'.

Hot damn this is the best Supernews we’ve gotten in a while. Definitely in for both. Shocked that Bendis got Fraction back into the Big 2 superhero business, I thought he was done for good. Super excited for whatever Rucka is cooking up for Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I mean, it's cool.....I guess....
    Yeah, you know, whatever. Maybe I'll check them out.

>silently screams with joy inside<

Now if we could just get Nightwing back on track and back to quality I'd be beyond stoked.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I’d be more surprised if Rucka didn’t bring in Nicola Scott or like Bilquis Evely at some point. He worked with both on Wonder Woman and Nicola has expressed interest in working on a Lois book I believe. For writers, Kelly Sue DeConick has also said a Lois book is something she wants to do. She’s wrote a cute Valentines Day story in Superman Adventures and wrote Lois in Supergirl right before the New 52 reboot.

That’s an interesting combo I’d like to see more of actually. Lois and Kara.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

A jimmy book, can't wait. I hope becomes turtle boy again

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

About time. The Superman line is in dire need of expansion again.

Superman & The Daily Planet headline ACTION.

Superman & Jon are the focus of SUPERMAN.

LOIS LANE gets a solo

JIMMY OLSEN, too.

SUPERGIRL & Krypto get adventures in space.

That's at least one Superbook a month by a pretty solid creative team. Not bad.

Plus, all the Superman-centric WONDER COMICS stuff.

I've wanted a weird as hell Jimmy book by Fraction for the longest!

Thank you Bendis!

Incredible Member

OH. My. Fvcking. GOD!
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Both of these sound really cool. I think the Superman line is in a good place.
    I dislike how Bendis aged Jon, but his Action has been pretty fun and I'm sure he had a hand in bringing Rucka and Fraction in.
    Now they just need to put a bigger spotlight on Supergirl too and finally relaunch LOSH. Also, more female creators wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

All of them, really.
    I only remember those very corny and over the top Silver Age Jimmy stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Lois really has access to all corners of the DCU. Rucka has written her really well before and is a great spy/mystery writer. For example, in his Adventures of Superman run back in the 2000's leading up to Infinite Crisis, Lois was shot while working as an embedded reporter in what was basically DC's Iraq stand in. She recovered and a subplot in the book was her investigating her own shooting. Took her to Batman, Wonder Woman, and eventually Checkmate. And these were just like two or three page subplots over the course of Superman's adventures. So the possibilities are pretty open for a Lois book. I expect a good mix of mystery and investigative reporting. I mean, it definitely should not be a superhero book and giving her powers would be incredibly boring.

And if you've never read Matt Fraction's Iron Fist or Hawkeye books for Marvel, you should (cause they are awesome) and can get a sense of what a Jimmy book could be from him. Kinda offbeat quirky adventures - like Jimmy dating a snake cultist for a story will probably be pretty tame. Or like his one off issue in All Star. The potential for both of these characters is so open.

I'm wondering if its actually only one book split between Lois & Jimmy, the solict's wording could go that way.

Sounds good, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hmm, really have no idea what to expect, and I really hope Jimmy's stories aren't like the Silver Age...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I really hope that this doens't mean the end for Lois and Clark but a Lois Lane book by Greg Rucka sounds absolutely perfect. And Fraction on Jimmy Olsen sounds pretty great too.

You have to hand it to them (or maybe just Bendis), DC really seem to be throwing their support behind their Superman line.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I really hope that this doens't mean the end for Lois and Clark.
    With what Bendis set up, it gives Didio what he wants, Lois and Clark on their own and working independently, but not broken up and they'll occasionally give each other a booty call or team up to crack a case. All it really means is that if a writer doesn't want to bother writing them as a couple for one or two months, Lois can still have exposure for those months and possibly have short or long interactions with Clark in her book.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-19-2019 at 01:13 PM.