Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Making the Bana the bloodthirsty foils to the Themyscirans carries some unfortunate implications.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2752560.html
    Absolutely good points - especially when presented together. I’ve always thought (I guess in my head) of the Banas as being as multi-ethnic as the Themyscirans, especially in the later years, but I’ll need to address that in my writing about Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Like Agent Z said, there are plenty of unfortunate implications with the blood-thirsty Bana-Mighdalls. I'd much prefer if the split among the Amazons into the Themyscirans and among the Bana-Mighdall was about choosing between two different good things, rather than choosing to renounce violence or not (especially since the Themyscirans aren't exactly pacifists).

My preferred take would be that their patron goddesses (and maybe one male god or two) gave the Amazons a choice: guard the Doom's Doorway and be shielded from harm, or try to continue with the Amazon mission among mankind as teachers and bringers of civilisation, but also being pursued by a vengeful Zeus.
    One thing I really enjoyed in Rucka’s first, or maybe it was Jimezez’s (or both’s), run is that the Egyptian goddesses had chosen to bless and protect and guide the Banazons. Compared to the Greek or Norse deities, Egyptian deities don’t get nearly as much exploration and I can see them being influential in guiding the Banazons to a different path.

Plus, it’s cool when the goddesses of different pantheons hang out and chit chat.

And could set up Isis (if we ever get Adrianna Tomaz back) ::crosses fingers:: with interactions with the Banas as well as Wonder Woman and the Olympians.

(At least that’s the direction I’m heading in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee.)
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-21-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    One thing I really enjoyed in Rucka’s first, or maybe it was Jimezez’s (or both’s), run is that the Egyptian goddesses had chosen to bless and protect and guide the Banazons. Compared to the Greek or Norse deities, Egyptian deities don’t get nearly as much exploration and I can see them being influential in guiding the Banazons to a different path.

Plus, it’s cool when the goddesses of different pantheons hang out and chit chat.

And could set up Isis (if we ever get Andrea Tomas back) ::crosses fingers:: with interactions with the Banas as well as Wonder Woman and the Olympians.

(At least that’s the direction I’m heading in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee.)
    Please tell me your Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee has other Amazon tribes that left Thwmyscira and worsio new pantheons, and thus have their own champions like Diana.

Like maybe Amazons of Venturia who worship the Hawaiian gods, and have a Korra/Moana type champion.
    A tribe worship the African gods.
    A tribe that worship the Norse gods and have become known as the Valkyries.
    A tribe that worship the Japanese/Chinese (preferably Japanese) gods.
    One tribe that worships the Celtic gods, probably the Tuatha de Anand.

Their powers shouldn't be the typical flying brick like Diana and each can have different powers/weapons bestowed to them by their gods.

Since Wonder Woman is usually situated in America I can see the other champions covering other regions.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

And could set up Isis (if we ever get Andrea Tomas back) ::crosses fingers:: with interactions with the Banas as well as Wonder Woman and the Olympians.

From my understanding, Isis and Andrea Tomas are actually two separate characters in the DCU. Andrea just uses Isis as a moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Please tell me your Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee has other Amazon tribes that left Thwmyscira and worsio new pantheons, and thus have their own champions like Diana.

Like maybe Amazons of Venturia who worship the Hawaiian gods, and have a Korra/Moana type champion.
    A tribe worship the African gods.
    A tribe that worship the Norse gods and have become known as the Valkyries.
    A tribe that worship the Japanese/Chinese (preferably Japanese) gods.
    One tribe that worships the Celtic gods, probably the Tuatha de Anand.

Their powers shouldn't be the typical flying brick like Diana and each can have different powers/weapons bestowed to them by their gods.

Since Wonder Woman is usually situated in America I can see the other champions covering other regions.
    I haven't worked on any other Amazon groups besides the Themyscirans and Bana-Mighdallians, mostly because I think those two groups need more development and it feels a little like all the Lantern Corps (to me) if I pile on more secret societies. Not that I can't change my mind if I get a good idea, but I'd rather work on developing a lot of other unused Wonder characters and concepts first.

I do have the Valkyries in my Thingee though, based on Gudra's past with Wonder Woman and Axis America, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    From my understanding, Isis and Andrea Tomas are actually two separate characters in the DCU. Andrea just uses Isis as a moniker.
    Yeah, it may not work as cleanly with how the current Shazamians are set up, but I think an interesting connection could still be made if Isis (the goddess) becomes one of the matron goddesses of the Bana Migh-Dallians and Isis (Adrianna) derives her powers magically from Isis. I'm not saying the Banas would confuse the two, but it might make for a fun interaction and adventure to include her at some point.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-21-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like the perception of Wonder Woman as a Warrior has lead to the dilution of her character into something more generic