Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Batman : The Cult. An appreciation

This may not be the greatest batman story to some but I liked it. I wonder if maybe the price of the prestige format made fans a bit critical of it. The Monster truck batmobile was a bit much! I love Bernie's art and Deacon Blackfire broke Batsy long before Bane ever did. Definitely one of Batman's more UNDER-rated villians.

YOUR thought and opinions on this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    This may not be the greatest batman story to some but I liked it. I wonder if maybe the price of the prestige format made fans a bit critical of it. The Monster truck batmobile was a bit much! I love Bernie's art and Deacon Blackfire broke Batsy long before Bane ever did. Definitely one of Batman's more UNDER-rated villians.

YOUR thought and opinions on this?
    Read it last year. Liked it though preferring the first half to the second. Bats mentally gone.

I think it's the only good Batman story Jim Starlin ever wrote.

I like it a lot, and is one of my favorite Batman stories (though I have a lot of favorites Batman stories hahaha). I think alongside Ten night of the Beast, it's some of Starlin's finest writing with the character. Both are much better than Death in the Family, which I think has some cool moments, but overall is an average story.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I found The Cult to be unintentionally hilarious.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It wasn't Batman's finest hour, but it might have been Jason Todd's. Jason/Robin seemed to emerge the hero of this story.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It wasn't Batman's finest hour, but it might have been Jason Todd's. Jason/Robin seemed to emerge the hero of this story.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Definitely.
    One of the cases in which you see how Robin actually helps Batman to be himself. And damn if he wasn't a brave kid.