Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Armie Hammer : The Next Batman ?

For years fans have beat the drum ala that Armie Hammer should become the next Batman. For a number of years it was like some weird destiny denied as he had the square jaw and looks to be the character. But at one point was deemed too young for the role as Zack Snyder and company wanted an older accomplished actor to helm the role.

But reports are now...that is changing as Hammer seems to be the guy that Warners wants and he'll be carrying that franchise awhile.

Hammer was in close running years ago to be in a rumored film called Justice League : Mortal but it never made it past production. As time passed for years his name would come up in WHAT IF ? Hammer would go on and do other films. But he was constantly linked to Batman oddly with his looks and how fans seemed to want him in that role. It was nearly like the Robert Downey deal with Tony Stark. Fans for years wanted Downey and Marvel Films seemed to agree that this was his character.

But the role went to Affleck and it seemed like Hammer would never get his chance for it. And while Affleck did solid with the role ; after the failure of Justice League ...Affleck took a big part of the blame (for no reason comically). Perhaps it was his impending divorce and battles with alcohol that did it as he would later go into rehab. But for this role Ben Affleck took the blame and whatever plans he had like his solo film was shelved by Warners who decided to move on. It was more sad that WB would blame Affleck for the films bad box office performance as perhaps they needed a scapegoat and someone going through issues that didn't impact his performance was all they had.

A number of folks will point at Hammer's role in Lone Ranger and how bad it did years earlier as a way to dismiss him. But that film isn't really on Hammer. It was more on Johnny Depp and the producer of the Pirates films did that one. The insane budget made it completely impossible it would ever make a profit as well .

In all this seems to be a long time in the making and the next Batman film will arrive in 2021.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I thought the Lone Ranger was a good movie. It had some great action sequences in it.

Well, he looks the part at least.

I don't remember ever watching one of his movies so i'm not going to say anything about his capacities as actor.

I don't think he's right for the part but I've been worng before.

Hollywood keeps trying to push him and I keep finding him as the most boring guy of any screen he's on. Sure, he's pretty but he seems bland and generic without much in the way of personality.

By contrast though, I still find Jai Courtney to be worse, with really nothing to add to the screen and being forcefed into any franchise possible. If I find Armie Hammer boring, at least he's trying. Jai Courtney doesn't even have that going for him.

I'd say his co-star from Call Me Be Your Name, Timothee Chalamet would be a perfect Robin, but that would just play into the dumb joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Hollywood keeps trying to push him and I keep finding him as the most boring guy of any screen he's on. Sure, he's pretty but he seems bland and generic without much in the way of personality.

By contrast though, I still find Jai Courtney to be worse, with really nothing to add to the screen and being forcefed into any franchise possible. If I find Armie Hammer boring, at least he's trying. Jai Courtney doesn't even have that going for him.
    Jai Courtney imo suffers from the fact that he just cant emote very well in an American accent. When he's playing an Ozzie he does a great job. Captain Boomerang was LITERALLY the best thing about suicide squad.

But yes Armie Hammer is just boring.

I didn't find Armie Hammer boring in Lone Ranger. I thought he was quite good. I also liked him in Man from UNCLE.

Quite frankly, Batman just needs to be intense and stoic, so not a ton of "acting" is needed. The more underplayed Batman and Bruce Wayne are, the better.

Batman is a more "beneath the surface" kind of character. It's a good counterbalance to the crazy villains.

Just stand there and look intimidating and determined. I think Armie will work just fine. I really hope that he gets the part. I suggested him in the Matt Reeves Batman thread, myself. No other name that's been suggested or rumored even comes close to getting me interested.

If Hammer does become Batman, maybe he'll work with Henry Cavill again in a future Batman-Superman or JLA movie.

I just find this dude to be very bland.

This rumour comes from a blog called Revenge of the Fans, not from any proven reliable sources. And Hammer himself has already shot it down,

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/armie-ha...151444349.html

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    This rumour comes from a blog called Revenge of the Fans, not from any proven reliable sources. And Hammer himself has already shot it down,

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/armie-ha...151444349.html
    Well, Armie has shot down the rumor in terms of his being actively sought out, but not his interest in the role.

Here's what Hammer said:

Quote Originally Posted by Armie Hammer, the next Batman
    “No one who can actually give me the job has asked me if I’m interested,” Hammer said. “I don’t even know if they are done – they are still working on a script.

“I don’t think that they are close to production but I can conclusively tell you that no one has checked my availability, which is a bummer.”

Since he clearly says "...which is a bummer," it means he'd be interested.

So, for those of us who would want to see him take the role, at least we know 2 things: there's interest on his end and Warners hasn't cast anyone else.

so its either Armie Hammer or the guy from Twilight

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I thought the Lone Ranger was a good movie. It had some great action sequences in it.
    The J-man

BANNED

Armie looks like a pretty girl to be Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Well, Armie has shot down the rumor in terms of his being actively sought out, but not his interest in the role.

Here's what Hammer said:

Since he clearly says "...which is a bummer," it means he'd be interested.

So, for those of us who would want to see him take the role, at least we know 2 things: there's interest on his end and Warners hasn't cast anyone else.
    I never said anything about his interest in the role. I said he'd shot down this rumour, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I just find this dude to be very bland.
    i've always imagined Bruce Wayne to be pretty bland. that said, i don't think Armie Hammer has any chance of delivering a good Batman. even Bale, a top notch actor, struggled. we need Hammer's face and someone else's talent.