Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i've always imagined Bruce Wayne to be pretty bland. that said, i don't think Armie Hammer has any chance of delivering a good Batman. even Bale, a top notch actor, struggled. we need Hammer's face and someone else's talent.
    We'd also need an actor who can be both a good Wayne and a good Batman. Some actors are better as one or the other, but it's a tricky thing to be able to pull off both.

Clooney was a terrible Batman and that's consensus, but he does nail that rich philanthropic playboy schtick (probably because Clooney is one, too)

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Quite frankly, Batman just needs to be intense and stoic, so not a ton of "acting" is needed. The more underplayed Batman and Bruce Wayne are, the better
    Very true. I don't think that it's a complicated role at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    We'd also need an actor who can be both a good Wayne and a good Batman. Some actors are better as one or the other, but it's a tricky thing to be able to pull off both.

Clooney was a terrible Batman and that's consensus, but he does nail that rich philanthropic playboy schtick (probably because Clooney is one, too)
    Cloonney was the only one where is was believable that women would be stepping over each other to get him into bed. Maybe Kilmer. But while Keaton was a great Batman he just looked
    too weird to be a believable Bruce Wayne. Bale and Aflleck didn't do anything for me either though I would give a slight edge to Affleck.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Affleck nailed both roles . He had that playful smirk and really didn't have to do much to change his voice as we saw as Batman. He played it good.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If you made me choose between Hammer and Robert Pattinson I would choose Hammer. I think Hammer would make a better Hal Jordan than Bruce Wayne to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If you made me choose between Hammer and Robert Pattinson I would choose Hammer. I think Hammer would make a better Hal Jordan than Bruce Wayne to be honest.
    Ryan Renyolds made the best Hal Jordan, as a DC fan I am first to admit it was the script and director that failed Ryan. if I was to choose between Hammer and Pattinson, I will choose Pattinson. Hammer will make a better Dick Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think Hammer would make a better Hal Jordan than Bruce Wayne to be honest.
    That is not a bad idea, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Affleck nailed both roles . He had that playful smirk and really didn't have to do much to change his voice as we saw as Batman. He played it good.
    Yea the writing and directing failed Afflek. He looked great in the suit and easily pulled of the Bruce Wayne charm. The problem was they had him making corny jokes in Justice League. I love a good joke but they way they used batman was weird. BvS he was better but was written in a way that I get why some people might have been taken back. And the Martha scene almost offsets how badass the Warehouse scene was. Afflek much like Canvil are not to blame. Honestly I credit both of them. I think under the right director both coulda became the definitive versions of the character. Whoever plays batman now gets a suit similar to Affleks. I dont wanna go back to the rigid hard to movie suits every batman movie prior had. Batman is agile and Afflek was the most Agile batman we have seen. Though dude got so jacked for the role it looked a little weird seeing him jump around. So hopefuly the next actor is tall and leaner. Jake Gylenhaal in South Paw frame. One that looks believable dodging around like a ninja.

Gylenhaal is still my top choice for Batman. Hammer I feel like could be better as Hal or even Superman if they dont wanna keep Canvil.

I'm all for adding diversity to films. I was down with Ironfist being Asian American. But some characters dont make as much sense race blended. Batman is one of them. Like Steve Roger's part of Bruce's background is inherently white. Steve is from a time in America history where they wouldnt have rallied behind a POC like they did Cap. Bruce comes from Old east coast money, his family's history in Gotham is tied to alot fo stuff. Thomas Wayne not white isnt completely unrealistic but it's a little bit of a stretch. But now you could make Martha a PoC and Bruce can be mixed. I'd be all for a half Asian Bruce Wayne played like a Chad Henney. That said some characters are so iconic I feel like your asking for trouble changing them that much. Maybe stick to the Iron Fists, Human torches, Aquamans etc...

I think Matt Bomer has the look and charm but I'd have to see him try to act tough and stoic in the suit to really tell. Imagine if they made Batman gay, boy a certain percentage of people would have a stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Matt Bomer has the look and charm but I'd have to see him try to act tough and stoic in the suit to really tell. Imagine if they made Batman gay, boy a certain percentage of people would have a stroke.
    Bomer is 41, so I think that ship has sailed in terms of getting him to be a major superhero like Superman or Batman. They're not doing the Frank Miller old, grizzed Batman, and Bomer wouldn't be a good fit for that anyway.

He was in contention for Superman Returns, but that was almost 13 years ago. He was still in his 20s.

Bomer could still be a superhero, but not one that is preferable to be mid-30s at most. Maybe he could be Atom where it doesn't matter how old he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Bomer is 41, so I think that ship has sailed in terms of getting him to be a major superhero like Superman or Batman. They're not doing the Frank Miller old, grizzed Batman, and Bomer wouldn't be a good fit for that anyway.

He was in contention for Superman Returns, but that was almost 13 years ago. He was still in his 20s.

Bomer could still be a superhero, but not one that is preferable to be mid-30s at most. Maybe he could be Atom where it doesn't matter how old he is.
    Bomer doesnt look any older then Hammer. If he looked his age or if he was so old his age gonna catch up to him anytime now I'd understand. Bomer can easily play someone in his late 20's early 30s. Like people saying Terry crews was too old for Cage years ago. The guy is a freak and in his shape people like him and the rock gonna age well. That said I do think if you looking long term Terry crews is too old now. Bomer can play batman for 10years befor I think age would even start to show and that's without movie magic to make him look younger. Regardless like I said iono if Bomer can pull off batman. His Bruce Wayne would be great but iono if he can do Stoic badass. Bomer doesnt have the frame someone like canvil has so I'm glad he wasnt superman. Though I remember hearing his sexuality was an issue with the studio if that's true that bugs me. His biggest role was as a co artist ladies man on White collar. And he was a great voice for Superman. He did unbound right?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-20-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Very true. I don't think that it's a complicated role at all.
    Tbf is any superhero role all that complicated or complex? Do Spider-Man, Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain America, etc. really require the world's very finest actors to bring to life? I don't know why people always make it seem like Batman is Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees where no acting ability whatsoever is needed. If all you needed was to look the part why is Clooney's Batman hated so much? Plus Matt Reeves said he wants to do for Batman what The Dark Knight did for the Joker so I'd assume atleast a decent actor might be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    did he? I can only speak for myself. but it was solely Ben Affleck's demeanor leading up to the movie that made me not care. he always looked like he wanted to be elsewhere when I saw him. if he had been more excited, I would have been more excited. and wasn't his voice mechanically altered when he was Batman (as it realistically should be)?