Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Killer Croc Vs Post Crisis Superman

Superman is depowered.
    Superman is wearing batman suit, but doesn't have the utility belt.

Who takes this?

Keep in mind Supes showed pressure point and fought off a mob. If Suoes still loses, he gets New 52's invulenerable cap for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Superman is depowered.
    Superman is wearing batman suit, but doesn't have the utility belt.

Who takes this?

Keep in mind Supes showed pressure point and fought off a mob. If Suoes still loses, he gets New 52's invulenerable cap for some reason.
    I.... /think/ Croc takes this? Not easily mind you. Superman has had his moments, but he's hardly Batman.

Croc has loads of experience (losing is still experience!) against more polished fighters.

My biggest reasoning here is that I really can't remember Clark ever fighting a proper baddie while depowered. Not one with blatant CBPH+ attributes like Croc. At least for strength and durability. Plus his claws and teeth.

I feel like Clark makes him work for it, but ultimately loses due to lack of metahuman familiarity whilst depowered. Even his pressure point stuff might not work on Croc's somewhat unusual appearance/body. But! If it CAN work, then my opinion then swings back towards Clark taking a majority.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Post-Crisis Superman fought crime in Gotham for a year without his powers before the Convergence event let him and Lois back out, he might have already had to do this.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

BANNED

not to mention that he was trained in marital arts by mongul.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    not to mention that he was trained in marital arts by mongul.
    And Batman & Wonder Woman, and I'm moderately sure current Superman was the one who spent a thousand years fighting demons in Valhalla.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    And Batman & Wonder Woman, and I'm moderately sure current Superman was the one who spent a thousand years fighting demons in Valhalla.
    He spent a thousand years fighting them without any superpowers whatsoever? No enhanced gear, anything?

Beyond that, more than half the Avengers have been trained by Captain America, it doesn't mean that if you took their powers away I'd say they could take Killer Croc.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Should go to Croc. Dude can rip a bank vault door off, and grenades break his bones but don't slow him down. Batman can usually juuuust handle him, and Clark isn't as skilled as Bruce and doesn't have the utility belt to fall back on.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Should go to Croc. Dude can rip a bank vault door off, and grenades break his bones but don't slow him down. Batman can usually juuuust handle him, and Clark isn't as skilled as Bruce and doesn't have the utility belt to fall back on.
    Adding to this, what do we have that puts depowered Clark in the same range of base physicality (speed, strength, etc) as 'holds up 1000 lbs ceilings' and 'no-look catches arrows loosed at the back of his head' Bruce?

Fights off a mob? Bruce treats mobs of armed fanatics like utter dirt when he's sick, drugged, dehydrated, and suffering from multiple wounds and blood loss (Batman, The Cult).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    When are these feats from? I was arguing from a post crisis perspective. I don't remember the grenade or bank thing.

Clark can't fight that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    When are these feats from? I was arguing from a post crisis perspective. I don't remember the grenade or bank thing.

Clark can't fight that.
    Birds of Prey. Croc gets an explosive crossbow bolt in the arm that lights up the alley he's in like a grenade. Boom, stuff everywhere, flames shooting out of the mouth of the alley. Total damage to Croc: he's smoking a little, and the arm the bolt stuck in looks broken. That's all.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Birds of Prey. Croc gets an explosive crossbow bolt in the arm that lights up the alley he's in like a grenade. Boom, stuff everywhere, flames shooting out of the mouth of the alley. Total damage to Croc: he's smoking a little, and the arm the bolt stuck in looks broken. That's all.
    And he's ripped a door off a bank vault?

...remind me again why people were so certain Fisk beats him up in my recent thread? :P

Edit: that thread involved Hush era Croc (post crisis) as opposed to nu 52 so I'm not really asking lol
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 02-21-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    - big_adventure

And he's ripped a door off a bank vault?

...remind me again why people were so certain Fisk beats him up in my recent thread? :P

Edit: that thread involved Hush era Croc (post crisis) as opposed to nu 52 so I'm not really asking lol
    Post-Crisis? Never seen him rip off the door to a bank vault, I'm just addressing the grenade part. He can still get busted up -- Shiva goes and proves that a short time later -- so I have zero issues with Classic Fisk beating him down...assuming he isn't actually strong enough to rip the door off a bank vault.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Post-Crisis? Never seen him rip off the door to a bank vault, I'm just addressing the grenade part. He can still get busted up -- Shiva goes and proves that a short time later -- so I have zero issues with Classic Fisk beating him down...assuming he isn't actually strong enough to rip the door off a bank vault.
    I'm assuming the bank thing is nu 52 or something. Ive never seen it.

If a grenade barely slows him down... that's getting pretty up there. Fisk has never been like invulnerable or even particularly bullet proof right? I would think a grenade does plenty of harm to the guy. Could be wrong.

Shiva damaging him so badly felt more like a "I strike GOOD" thing than a "I strike HARD" thing, although that's extremely subjective and not at all solid on my part.
    - big_adventure

I'm assuming the bank thing is nu 52 or something. Ive never seen it.

If a grenade barely slows him down... that's getting pretty up there. Fisk has never been like invulnerable or even particularly bullet proof right? I would think a grenade does plenty of harm to the guy. Could be wrong.

Shiva damaging him so badly felt more like a "I strike GOOD" thing than a "I strike HARD" thing, although that's extremely subjective and not at all solid on my part.
    The exploding crossbow bolt still penetrates his skin when it hits him, and the explosion actually breaks his arm. It's not like he totally tanks it (also, not a lot of shrapnel off it, it was 'just' a boom).

Shiva basically busts three of Croc's bones so fast he doesn't even see it. He goes down in a heap a couple of seconds later. The point here is that Shiva -- a person who also does stuff like shatter stone statues with hits -- is capable of putting the hurt on Croc.

Fisk, who is easily strong enough to mimic Shiva's hitting feats, if not stronger (the guy rips off car doors, crushes people's skulls with ease, uses a 500 lbs wrecking ball as a weapon, knocks down the support beams of a mansion, gets into tests of strength with early, Class 5 Spiderman and thanks to his own strength and skill manages to stalemate him), shouldn't have a problem beating down the Croc that Shiva fought. He's not one-punching him, but he's going to bust him up.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I thought this was post crisis but I'm not sure now.

https://goo.gl/images/y1Ry1K