Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Default Is BATMAN really FOREVER

80 years and still going. How much time has Batman left in him? Both as a character of popular culture and in terms of the comics as a Legacy to be picked up by an heir to the mantle. What are your hopes and thoughts?
    Since Sherlock Holmes has been around for 133 years I hope for at least another 50 years of new adventures in comics and movies.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 02-19-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    80 years and still going. How much time has Batman left in him? Both as a character of popular culture and in terms of the comics as a Legacy to be picked up by an heir to the mantle. What are your hopes and thoughts?
    Since Sherlock Holmes has been around for 133 years I hope for at least another 50 years of new adventures in comics and movies.
    Batman will continue on for as long as comics are a thing, and may very well go beyond. At this point he has transcended comics. Also I don't think there will ever be a permanent heir to the mantle, Bruce Wayne is Batman, everyone else who puts on the cowl will always be a pretender. DC will never retire Bruce, they may remove him from the cowl from time to time but he will always return because he is the one true Batman.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Batman and Robin will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Batman will continue on for as long as comics are a thing, and may very well go beyond. At this point he has transcended comics. Also I don't think there will ever be a permanent heir to the mantle, Bruce Wayne is Batman, everyone else who puts on the cowl will always be a pretender. DC will never retire Bruce, they may remove him from the cowl from time to time but he will always return because he is the one true Batman.
    Batman transcends comics so it will continue however I disagree that there will not be a permanent Heir. Batman is both Bruce and Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman transcends comics so it will continue however I disagree that there will not be a permanent Heir. Batman is both Bruce and Terry.
    And Dick. And of course, baby Damian.

Maybe one day he’ll lose his spot at the top just like Superman, X-Men, and Spider-Man before him. But I doubt he’ll ever go away barring a collapse of civilization. He’s had far too much success outside of comics to ever be in real danger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And Dick. And of course, baby Damian.

Cutest pic ever!!!!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe one day he’ll lose his spot at the top just like Superman, X-Men, and Spider-Man before him. But I doubt he’ll ever go away barring a collapse of civilization. He’s had far too much success outside of comics to ever be in real danger.
    I'd like to drink to that but would Bruce approve of drinking? I know he drinks ginger ale and pretends its champagne.

Batman will be around forever. He'll be around for my entire lifetime so I count that as forever

Batman, as a symbol/icon, will likely exist in some capacity for as long as humanity in the same way icons like Hercules, Shango, and Thor will always exist in some capacity. His place at the forefront of popular culture could (and likely will) shift and change but he's cemented in the public lexicon for as long as humans are around.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."