Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like Bendis dialogue, it reminds me of novels and manga.

I also want to add that while there are legitimate reasons to dislike someone's work, I can say with confidence that if Bendis was writing a comic and another writer was credited for writing it, that comic would be praised to high heavens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I think the simple answer is that Bendis would be more liked as a writer if he were less popular. I mean that both as a comment on fandom and a comment on the fact that being extremely popular gives Bendis a bit too much carte blanche when it comes to established characters. I'm generally all for creator freedom but when it comes to major established crators, some directorial control is a good idea, just to make sure that there is some consistency with what came before.

And I, for one, love Bendis' dialogue.
    I agree with this comment.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I can say with confidence that if Bendis was writing a comic and another writer was credited for writing it, that comic would be praised to high heavens.
    I frankly can't say I've strongly disliked any of his DC work so far (the worst to me was 1004 being Not Good for reasons mentioned earlier) and this is a pretty easy statement to understand in most cases, but you just can't even mistake this writing for someone else. If there was another name on the cover I'm sure many of us would just be revolted that someone is trying so hard to be Bendis. He'd probably get social media comments urging him to take action against that biter.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, but if he wasn't as popular and wasn't on as many big events or major characters, his flaws would be more forgivable. Like look at Tom King's recent trajectory, Batman and HiC have brought out huge contingents of people who now don't like his work as much and pick at his increasingly obvious shortcomings as a writer relentlessly.

Bigger the profile, bigger the microscope on their work.
    Precisely. I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I haven’t seen too much cringey stuff in Superman. Flash’s comment about cockaboo or whatever he said was strange. And the girl going on about the red trunks in #1000 could’ve been left out. I’ve never read anything other than his Superman stuff, but so far I’d say it’s not near a bad as I was hearing it was going to be.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I also want to add that while there are legitimate reasons to dislike someone's work, I can say with confidence that if Bendis was writing a comic and another writer was credited for writing it, that comic would be praised to high heavens.

I agree with this comment.
    Sure if another writer would replace Jon with an aged up newly created fan fiction version i would totally praise them for it.