Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If Wonder Woman/Diana fell in love with a female..

If Wonder Woman aka Diana fell in love with a female that already exists in the whole DC universe, human or alien (she doesn't have to be already gay. Let's pretend she was gay or bi),

Who do you think would be an interesting partner for Diana?

Which female from the DC universe would be able to make Diana fall in love? It could be any one from the whole DCU.

I really think Diana would feel very attracted to Lois Lane. Lois is brave and fights for truth and justice.

Mera. Touched on in Bombshells, but I'd like to see it explored some more.

I'd hate to see her paired off with a non-WW character like Lois Lane or Mera. So I'll go with Mala... I liked their relationship in Earth One. Barring that, I'd love to see a new female character added to the cast as a love interest, or someone like Mayfly who she reforms with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd hate to see her paired off with a non-WW character like Lois Lane or Mera. So I'll go with Mala... I liked their relationship in Earth One. Barring that, I'd love to see a new female character added to the cast as a love interest, or someone like Mayfly who she reforms with love.
    I see your point. This was just hypothetical. Female characters you think would have good chemistry with Diana.

I think most of the alternatives given here could be fun and interesting.

Barbara Ann Minerva would have made an interesting choice, especially in early Rebirth. Among the Amazons on Themyscira I think Io is the most interesting, but that is mostly because she has shown the most personality (Kasia and Mala are simply too bland as shown yet). I also think Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy would have potential—current-day Poison Ivy is wasted as a Batman character.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Maybe Paula von Gunter/Gunther. She always liked to tie people up-they could play with the Golden lasso.

Incredible Member

I'd like to see Diana have a fling with Kate Kane. I think they're too dedicated to their "superheroics" and their approaches too divergent (i.e. one operates in the light, the other in the dark) for it to last, but I do like a superhuman / human pairing!

As for a long term relationship, I'm not sure. Artemis and Mera are good suggestions. And a past relationship between Diana and Barbara (pre Cheetah transformation) would be awesome to see, but obviously doomed.

I agree with the suggestion for Diana to form a relationship with a former villain who she had a hand in reforming. I think that could be interesting to explore and there would be all sorts of juicy emotional beats and challenges in their relationship.

it would be just another Xena: Warrior Princess ripoff

I’d go with Stephanie Trevor from Earth-11.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-20-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Last I checked, being into women wasn't a trait unique to Xena. And Xena never actually dated a woman in the show any way.

From now on, I'm going to refer to every heterosexual romance as a Titanic ripoff.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Last I checked, being into women wasn't a trait unique to Xena. And Xena never actually dated a woman in the show any way.
    The problem is it's not a trait unique to Wonder Woman. I know this is a minority opinion, but the original shouldn't copy the knock-off. Wonder Woman is a GREAT character and always has been. So great she provided the inspiration for Xena. In the past ten years Wonder Woman has gotten a red, gold and blue version of Xena's costume, began carrying around a sword and shield like Xena and now we want her to adopt Xena's sexuality too. What's wrong with Steve? He never stopped Wonder Woman from becoming a lgbtq icon. You don't have to date your same sex in order to be an advocate for the queer community. That's already evident by how many of us in her fanbase are gay.

The problem is it's not a trait unique to Wonder Woman.
    …. So?

I know this is a minority opinion, but the original shouldn't copy the knock-off.
    I’m pretty sure the people who want Diana to date a woman aren’t doing so because of Xena (who was never allowed to date a woman on t.v. so Diana wouldn’t even be stealing anything from her)

Wonder Woman is a GREAT character and always has been. So great she provided the inspiration for Xena. In the past ten years Wonder Woman has gotten a red, gold and blue version of Xena's costume, began carrying around a sword and shield like Xena and now we want her to adopt Xena's sexuality too.
    Diana has pretty much been viewed as bisexual since her depiction. If anything, it's Xena who adopted her sexuality since she was inspired by Diana. Even ignoring that, we might as well remove the Amazons, the gods and Diana being a woman because Xena has all those things too and apparently Diana can’t have them because Xena has those traits too.

What's wrong with Steve?
    Nothing. What does this have to do with him?

He never stopped Wonder Woman from becoming a lgbtq icon. You don't have to date your same sex in order to be an advocate for the queer community. That's already evident by how many of us in her fanbase are gay.
    Has it ever occurred to you that maybe some people want Diana to date a woman because there are female characters they ship her with?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-20-2019 at 09:13 AM.