Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

The classic Oracle I.e.barbara Gordon

BANNED

No thanks, there are lesbian/bisexual versions of Wonder Woman, like Xena or Queen Maeve from "The Boys", it just seems unnecessary, for me Wonder Woman is canonically straight althought Greg Rucka insisting on the opposite. Wonder Woman for years has had boyfriends, we´re in 2019 and still she´s showing really interested only in males, not counting Rucka the writer one with lesbian fetishs worst than Marston himself.

It just seems like disrespecting her, Diana has evolved pretty well from her first comics.

I wouldn't mind seeing Diana get a girlfriend. Maybe then she'll have a love interest aside from Chris Pine that she has actual chemistry with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    No thanks, there are lesbian/bisexual versions of Wonder Woman, like Xena or Queen Maeve from "The Boys", it just seems unnecessary, for me Wonder Woman is canonically straight althought Greg Rucka insisting on the opposite. Wonder Woman for years has had boyfriends, we´re in 2019 and still she´s showing really interested only in males, not counting Rucka the writer one with lesbian fetishs worst than Marston himself.

It just seems like disrespecting her, Diana has evolved pretty well from her first comics.

Queen Maeve wasn't a lesbian in the comics and Xena being interested in men didn't mean she wasn't interested in women. Making Diana bisexual (meaning she can date both men and women) isn't anymore disrespectful than those two and frankly it's disingenuous to claim that just because a bunch of other characters (only one of whom is an actual stand-in of Wonder Woman) are shown as gay or bisexual then Diana shouldn't date a woman.

Fantastic Member

I agree with your comments!!

I agree with this too.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think the fact Diana grew up among ALL women population in her island pretty much dictates that the only option available as a romantic/sexual partner was another female. It's in her story already. Pretty hard to avoid that unless the Amazons had not feelings or physical desires.
    However living around people of one sexual orientation doesn't determine an individual's orientation in the end. Diana probably wasn't into girls when she was growing up.
    "Cable was right!"

Oh, quit the hyperbole. There's nothing disrespectful to the character about being romantically interested in women in addition to men.

I think we all know the answer...

PS: How do I make large images appear small? I know there is some sort of spell that let's you do that.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-22-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I think we all know the answer...

PS: How do I make large images appear small? I know there is some sort of spell that let's you do that.
    Thanks for proving the point, that image is definitely disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Welcome to the screwy image management here…

When images are attached (i.e. uploaded to the forum server, not hotlinked to an external URL) they first appear in their original dimensions (and limited to a file size of 100 K; I've also found that 700 pixels high or 600 pixels wide are useful maximum dimensions) using the ATTACH BBcode. If there are enough images on the page (I think the limit is three) all of the images appear as thumbnails in the post.

Here's the fun thing: if you later delete the ATTACH code from the post, the image will still be attached to the post, but shown last in the post, with the label "Attached image", and in the original (uploaded) size.
    Last edited by kjn; 10-31-2019 at 02:35 PM. Reason: fixed instruction
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

It's completely inaccurate to claim Greg Rucka is the only writer who has ever written Diana as queer. And bizarre to claim that because she "for years has had boyfriends" that she can't be anything other than straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Thanks for proving the point, that image is definitely disrespectful.
    When you're right, you're right. Just to be clear, there's plenty of people that are interested in a queer Diana for reasons that don't have anything to do with degrading male gaze-y fanservice nonsense.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 10-23-2019 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

Frankly, this comment is disrespectful to LGBTQ people. She’s from a society compromised entirely of women. The systematic erasure and oppression of queer people is the only reason she wasn’t confirmed as queer even sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpis View Post
    The classic Oracle I.e.barbara Gordon
    I feel like WonderWoman dating a Batman sidekick is a bit of a bad look.

Fantastic Member

I'm surprised that no one has brought up Etta Candy yet as a potential female love interest for Diana?