• I like both Lois and Diana..

6 7.79%
  • Lana Lang

6 7.79%
  • Other. mention it

3 3.90%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm still not sold on any such pairing as from my understanding each successive Brainiac possesses the memories of his or her ancestors or proceeding units. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Not really sure, like Brainiac himself his descendents kind of fluctuate between organic and biologic origins I think, so whether there's any inherited memories or programming is iffy, but they're still shown to be their own individuals regardless, so outside of being Brainiac's great great grandson there's nothing really to hold against Brainy, and Clark's not the type to hold something against someone for their family's misdeeds. If there was a heroic time traveling descendant of Lex's who'd make a good love interest I'd say go for it. But keep in mind my comics knowledge of Brainiac 5 and the Legion is laughably small.

Sorry for the accidental double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really sure, like Brainiac himself his descendents kind of fluctuate between organic and biologic origins I think, so whether there's any inherited memories or programming is iffy, but they're still shown to be their own individuals regardless, so outside of being Brainiac's great great grandson there's nothing really to hold against Brainy, and Clark's not the type to hold something against someone for their family's misdeeds. If there was a heroic time traveling descendant of Lex's who'd make a good love interest I'd say go for it. But keep in mind my comics knowledge of Brainiac 5 and the Legion is laughably small.
    As I understand it Brainiac's "descendants" aren't true offspring so much as continuations of Brainiac himself (or rather his core precepts). Frankly, I'm uncomfortable with Sups getting romantically involved with anyone who has so much blood on her or his hands. I feel such entanglement could morally compromise Superman.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-25-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

As I understand it Brainiac's "descendants" aren't true offspring so much as continuations of Brainiac himself (or rather his core precepts). Frankly, I'm uncomfortable with Sups getting romantically involved with anyone who has so much blood on her or his hands. I feel such entanglement could morally compromise Superman.
    There are the robotic version (ex Brainiac 13 or Indigo/Brainiac 8) and the organic versions (Vril Dox aka Brainiac 2 and Querl Dox/Brainiac 5). Only the robotic versions seem to be part of the classic Brainiac. The organic ones are unique individuals who just happen to have the same amazing intelligence.

So Supergirl has never dated a new incarnation of the robot. Her romantic relationship was just with someone from the same homewrold with hyper-intelligence and a desire to redeem the Brainiac name,

Superman in the cartoon had a close relationship with a robotic Brainiac 5 who I think had some core programs left from the 20th century villain. And the Brainiac 5 of Smallville was actually the same one Clark fought but either updated or rebooted into a hero.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    There are the robotic version (ex Brainiac 13 or Indigo/Brainiac 8) and the organic versions (Vril Dox aka Brainiac 2 and Querl Dox/Brainiac 5). Only the robotic versions seem to be part of the classic Brainiac. The organic ones are unique individuals who just happen to have the same amazing intelligence.

So Supergirl has never dated a new incarnation of the robot. Her romantic relationship was just with someone from the same homewrold with hyper-intelligence and a desire to redeem the Brainiac name,

Superman in the cartoon had a close relationship with a robotic Brainiac 5 who I think had some core programs left from the 20th century villain. And the Brainiac 5 of Smallville was actually the same one Clark fought but either updated or rebooted into a hero.
    i think other versions of brainiac is actually similar like a puppet for really brainiac,IIRC.brainiac is described just similar like organic,but actually is robotic.brainiac five i remember said he is brainiac's descendant
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 02-26-2019 at 01:37 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Well there you go then, I guess.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I liked him with Lois most importantly, but I did buy into the clark-diana thing when they were selling it new 52 era. It was a fun change of pace and I don't regret shipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I liked him with Lois most importantly, but I did buy into the clark-diana thing when they were selling it new 52 era. It was a fun change of pace and I don't regret shipping it.
    yup exactly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't see how it was "fresh" when we'd had so many interpretations of it in Elseworlds. Sure, you can argue it was "a fun change of pace" to have it be the mainline canon, but they dropped the ball with it not even a fair percentage into it.

There is still to much ambiguity (as you described it) involved for me ever to be comfortable with Clark dating a version of Brainiac. Sorry, it is just the way I view the subject.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Lois Lane. Don't like him with Wonder Woman at all even though I love both characters. I'd be fine with them having dated and still being close friends after they break up, but don't really feel like following them in the present.

Lana is also great, and we need more Lori Lemaris appearances. Superman's college sweetheart is a mermaid. How great is that?

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's not accurate. Azz's Wonder Woman was the only monthly relevant to the parties involved to ignore it. After Azz it was at least referenced. Meanwhile all the Superman monthly titles acknowledged it consistently. Including Batman/Superman. Pak bringing Lana into Action didn't mean anything, she was brought in as a supporting character and friend, not love interest. Pak referenced Diana as Superman's girlfriend often. Unchained ignored it, but that was a mini-series and in of itself was barely in continuity in the first place. Justice League didn't do a ton with it after the Aquaman event, but it was referenced where appropriate. The only time it ever outright contradicted it was Darkseid War, when Johns got too far ahead of himself setting up the eventual Diana/Steve reuinion on tap for the Rebirth plans. In the end it was always referenced where appropriate outside of Azz's run as it was never part of his original pitch. The idea it started to become ignored in the places where it was relevant to acknowledge it isn't true.
    Hate to disappoint you, but Pak did bring in Lana as a love interest. not just a supporting character and friend. even if it was just for the "What Lies Beneath" arc.
    Superman - Action Comics - What Lies Beneath V5 #1 (2014) - Page 101.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    What I do not prefer is what can occasionally be a dogmatic insistence on Superman having One True Love. I wish that different universes were allowed to have different ships for Superman. Maybe he's with Lois in the main comics 'verse and the movies, but in Justice League Action he winds up married to Wonder Woman, or there's a TV show where he winds up with Cat Grant. That wouldn't work with the Hoechlin Superman, but you know what I mean.
    Definitely agree, I abhor how how every-time Superman is in a relationship with a female who's not Lois Lane. her fans start getting overbearing and have what basically amounts to throwing a temper-tantrum.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I abhor how how every-time Superman is in a relationship with a female who's not Lois Lane. her fans start getting overbearing and have what basically amounts to throwing a temper-tantrum.
    There's no need to go after Clois fans in here like that. We've all been fairly civil in here up to this point
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-02-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There's no need to go after Clois fans in here like that. We've all been fairly civil in here up to this point
    Did I mention "in here" specifically? no, I didn't.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Hate to disappoint you, but Pak did bring in Lana as a love interest. not just a supporting character and friend. even if it was just for the "What Lies Beneath" arc.
    Superman - Action Comics - What Lies Beneath V5 #1 (2014) - Page 101.jpg

Definitely agree, I abhor how how every-time Superman is in a relationship with a female who's not Lois Lane. her fans start getting overbearing and have what basically amounts to throwing a temper-tantrum.
    That's actually the panel which convinced me they lost their virginity to each other. "You smell like a mated pair". I took it to mean that he could...tell they've mated before. This was heavy implication to me that they had. Just back in Smallville. I never read it as a statement of "get ready for a triangle" or anything like that. And indeed it never it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-02-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El