15 19.48%
  • I like both Lois and Diana..

6 7.79%
  • Lana Lang

6 7.79%
  • Other. mention it

3 3.90%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I think the poll is closed, and I still feel very much like my first post in the thread. I still like Lois Lane as Clark's main love interest because she earned it. BUT I'm also fine with Clark having other romances when appropriate. I don't think Lois should be his only love forever. That's just not realistic, especially for someone like Superman. So, as long as it's well written, I'm ok with all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's actually the panel which convinced me they lost their virginity to each other. "You smell like a mated pair". I took it to mean that he could...tell they've mated before. This was heavy implication to me that they had. Just back in Smallville. I never read it as a statement of "get ready for a triangle" or anything like that. And indeed it never it.
    Was the red head woman Lana? So is it canon that Clark lost his virginity to Lana?
    Last edited by stargazer01; 03-02-2019 at 11:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think the poll is closed, and I still feel very much like my first post in the thread. I still like Lois Lane as Clark's main love interest because she earned it. BUT I'm also fine with Clark having other romances when appropriate. I don't think Lois should be his only love forever. That's just not realistic
    We'll have to agree to disagree, I don't think it's unrealistic to hold a candle for the person you love. There are plenty of real life examples of people never moving on from their one and only loves. Clark could settle, for sure, but that's all it ever would be. Settling.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-02-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree, I don't think it's unrealistic to hold a candle for the person you love. There are plenty of real life examples of people never moving on from their one and only loves. Clark could settle, for sure, but that's all it ever would be. Settling.
    I just want Clark to be happy. It also depends on who is writing the stories. Some agree with you, and others with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    There is still to much ambiguity (as you described it) involved for me ever to be comfortable with Clark dating a version of Brainiac. Sorry, it is just the way I view the subject.
    Brainiac 5 and Brianiac are two different beings. Brainiac 5 is NOT Brainiac in the future and he is NOT a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think the poll is closed, and I still feel very much like my first post in the thread. I still like Lois Lane as Clark's main love interest because she earned it. BUT I'm also fine with Clark having other romances when appropriate. I don't think Lois should be his only love forever. That's just not realistic, especially for someone like Superman. So, as long as it's well written, I'm ok with all that.

Was the red head woman Lana? So is it canon that Clark lost his virginity to Lana?
    Yep, that's Lana. It never goes into any greater detail than that, but the pieces fit enough for me for it to be canon at the time that they had a sexual relationship in the past, and it only makes sense within the lore that at the very least she'd have been Clark's first.

Since Rebirth though I've safely assumed all this is out, this is purely New 52 canon. This current incarnation of Superman revolves around a past history where it was usually implied that Clark was pure until Lois. At least that's the impression I always got. He had girlfriends but no implications of sex. And I mean, theoretically there's nothing wrong with that in the slightest, but it used to smack of mandate to me just so he was pure for Lois and Lois alone.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-03-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yep, that's Lana. It never goes into any greater detail than that, but the pieces fit enough for me for it to be canon at the time that they had a sexual relationship in the past, and it only makes sense within the lore that at the very least she'd have been Clark's first.

Since Rebirth though I've safely assumed all this is out, this is purely New 52 canon. This current incarnation of Superman revolves around a past history where it was usually implied that Clark was pure until Lois. At least that's the impression I always got. He had girlfriends but no implications of sex. And I mean, theoretically there's nothing wrong with that in the slightest, but it used to smack of mandate to me just so he was pure for Lois and Lois alone.
    ok, interesting. I remember Clark lost it to Lana in the Smallville show, right? I didn't watch that show a lot so I'm not 100% sure. Personally, I don't care if he wasn't "pure" for Lois. That mentality seems so outdated.