Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
Admittedly I'm not the biggest Tim Drake fan (i don't dislike him at all, I just don't follow him), but would it be such a hit to the character? Isn't being Robin all that he actually wants? I though (and could be wrong) that he always assumed that he would be Robin for a while, and then retire from superheroing.
Well, I just think it would be sad.

I don't really like Tim, I even think that he introduced a very bad idea to the Batman corner of the DCU, that Batman needs a Robin to not lose it.

But how bad it would be for him to have a younger kid overtake him in the department of Robin Graduation ?

I mean, I would like for Damian to move out and have his own name as a hero (and I can think of a few, such as Bloodbat, Darkwing, Hellbat, Nightblood - each with a different reason for the name and aesthetic and what to explore with the character). But if Tim doesn't first, I think it won't be long before a reboot will come where Damian is the third Robin and Tim the fourth, if only to keep ages and graduations from the Robin mantle consistent. And it would lead to an awful mess.