Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default What New Identity Should Tim Drake Take?

As the majority of you know, Tim Drake has been reverted to the role of Robin once again. This is a tad awkward considering that...

1. Damian Wayne is Robin simultaneously.

And...

2. It was generally accepted that Drake moved on from the Robin moniker. Having him back in the role is like having adult Dick Grayson back in the role of the boy wonder, or having adult Wally West back in the role of Kid Flash. It's just a little odd.

So this is a thread to suggest a new name for Tim Drake!
    Personally, I would give him the "Flamebird" identity that was originally spotted by Betty Kane.

Man, this has to be an annual tradition at this point.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Jason Todd had the right idea;

Replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I know right. Before we start worrying about giving him yet another new identity I say give Bendis a chance to fix him. The character and his history is all over the place right now. Robin or Red Robin is fine.

How much as Tom King used Damian as Robin? I know that Snyder didn't want to use him. Maybe Tim should stay Robin and have Damian assume another identity?

Or, an idea i quite liked from another thread, retire Tim Drake from costumed heroics. Have him pursue a career as a detective with GCPD.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    How much as Tom King used Damian as Robin? I know that Snyder didn't want to use him. Maybe Tim should stay Robin and have Damian assume another identity?

Or, an idea i quite liked from another thread, retire Tim Drake from costumed heroics. Have him pursue a career as a detective with GCPD.
    Tim is still 16 (apparently). I think GCPD has age limits for such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim is still 16 (apparently). I think GCPD has age limits for such things.
    "Pursue" was used intentionally. Didn't know what age he was exactly, but knew it was 18 or under. 18 would work for a police officer maybe, but not a detective. Anywho, I like the idea of it even if it doesn't work at present (and since Bendis is using him, what Bendis wants Bendis gets). Having him actually leave the mask behind and stick to that would be a good look for the only Robin that still has living normal parents (unless I'm mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Maybe Tim should stay Robin and have Damian assume another identity?

I really hope they do not take this as their answer. I get that some people might like this and maybe it could be good, but it messes with what I like reading too much for me. I like Damian as Robin and I definitely prefer Tim Drake suited up.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

DC just killed off The Protector, and he was a stand in for a Robin..why not give Tim that name? I don't really like it, but it could work.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-06-2019 at 03:02 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Monthly at the very least.

while i loathed almost everything about the new 52 tim drake, i thought the red robin name was fine. differentiates from damian, ties in a bit to kingdom come. everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    while i loathed almost everything about the new 52 tim drake, i thought the red robin name was fine. differentiates from damian, ties in a bit to kingdom come. everybody wins.
    And who wouldn't want to be confused with a burger chain?

All-New Member

2. It was generally accepted that Drake moved on from the Robin moniker. Having him back in the role is like having adult Dick Grayson back in the role of the boy wonder, or having adult Wally West back in the role of Kid Flash. It's just a little odd.

Fantastic Member

IMO, "Drake" works fairly well if we leverage Tim's role as the next "Great Detective" (intel, investigation and planning) rather than as an overt hero. Two of my favorite parts of Tim's pre-Nu52 arc were the time that he took down Lady Shiva via pre-planned poison-dosing and his conflict with Ra's where the latter referred to him as "Detective" highlighting that he sees Drake as an intellectual equal of Bruce and perhaps himself.

Honestly though, I'm more excited by the potential new ID for Conner than I never was for Tim's. After all, "Red Robin" made have been a little lame, but it more or less worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    IMO, "Drake" works fairly well if we leverage Tim's role as the next "Great Detective" (intel, investigation and planning) rather than as an overt hero. Two of my favorite parts of Tim's pre-Nu52 arc were the time that he took down Lady Shiva via pre-planned poison-dosing and his conflict with Ra's where the latter referred to him as "Detective" highlighting that he sees Drake as an intellectual equal of Bruce and perhaps himself.

Honestly though, I'm more excited by the potential new ID for Conner than I never was for Tim's. After all, "Red Robin" made have been a little lame, but it more or less worked.
    Again the thing with Ra's never happened and it's tedious and frustrating how little so called comic fans actually know.

highlighting that he sees Drake as an intellectual equal of Bruce and perhaps himself. Just to drop some knowledge Ra's called Dick detective twice before the now retconed RR solo series. he fully accepted him as an equal

Ra's is shortly going to be courting Duke Thomas. I'm expecting him to call him detective as well since Duke is an actual meta Detective who has gone up against the Riddler before he was even a Teen.

Your resident Tim Drake expert and fact checker at your service