Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    As Dick Grayson is my second favorite comic book character (second only to Wonder Woman) I am perfectly fine with him going back to the Grayson title and leaving Nightwing to Tim. Let Tim redesign the outfit to suit him, let Dick keep his black and blue (or go back to his SPIRAL suit with a mask.)
    I'd be very cool with Dick going back to being a Spy. That is my favourite thing with Dick Grayson. It was fresh, fun and funny. I always felt that they could mix the 2. Nightwing and Agent 37. A globe trotting Nightwing who still lives in Blud.

It pushes him away from the Batman-lite role which I think hinders him. I don't much mind what he wears. the Nightwing or the Greys.

The fandom was split over Grayson and there were complaints when he returned to Spandex so why not combine the two?

Give him a cast that pulls the best from both titles. Helena, Tiger, The skull Girls, The Runoffs, Raptor, new blockbuster, Guppy etc.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah the Iconic suit that was designed for Dick. inspired by Dick and which the designer still refuses to this day to call anything but Dick Grayson's / his best Gift to Dick Grayson.

from Tales of the Teen Titans #44 (July 1984)

I'd be very cool with Dick going back to being a Spy. That is my favourite thing with Dick Grayson. It was fresh, fun and funny. I always felt that they could mix the 2. Nightwing and Agent 37. A globe trotting Nightwing who still lives in Blud.

It pushes him away from the Batman-lite role which I think hinders him. I don't much mind what he wears. the Nightwing or the Greys.

The fandom was split over Grayson and there were complaints when he returned to Spandex so why not combine the two?

Give him a cast that pulls the best from both titles. Helena, Tiger, The skull Girls, The Runoffs, Raptor, new blockbuster, Guppy etc.
    Seeley tried to do that in a way. He would take turns with it though, where I think a more seemless and obvious combination would have been better served. But ya bringing Nightwing and Grayson together shouldn’t be very hard. Just call him Agent Nightwing. But unfortunately I think they missed that widow. Bludhaven overtook everything after Seeley, and now with Ric they are probably gonna have start completely fresh again to wash the taste out of everyone’s mouth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Seeley tried to do that in a way. He would take turns with it though, where I think a more seemless and obvious combination would have been better served. But ya bringing Nightwing and Grayson together shouldn’t be very hard. Just call him Agent Nightwing. But unfortunately I think they missed that widow. Bludhaven overtook everything after Seeley, and now with Ric they are probably gonna have start completely fresh again to wash the taste out of everyone’s mouth.
    I don't think anything about Ric can work to freshen the palate. He needs to be quietly scrapped; I don't any of us would complain if Ric starts an issue coming out of the shower and saying, "Oh, wait--my name is Dick!"

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Have they missed that window? Like you said "they are probably gonna have start completely fresh again to wash the taste out of everyone’s mouth".

I think that window just opened up again.

I miss Seeley. I was really loving his Nightwing.

Have they missed that window? Like you said "they are probably gonna have start completely fresh again to wash the taste out of everyone’s mouth".

I think that window just opened up again.

I miss Seeley. I was really loving his Nightwing.
    what's up with seeley? Is he still with dc.

P.S someone should start a picth a Direction: Spoiler because I'm to lazy
    Last edited by WonderNight; 03-21-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post

Yeah. He did the Injustice/Masters of the Universe crossover and is currently writing The Swamp Thing Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Since Dick is hellbent on being Ric now and no longer wants to be Nightwing.... make Tim the new Nightwing and keep Damian as the one and only Robin. I love Dick Grayson as a character and he's second only to Batman as my favorite DC hero. However, the current storyline with Dick (excuse me...Ric) is getting old fast. I know it's just a story and he'll be back eventually, but I'd rather see Tim sporting the black/blue tights than the characters currently wearing the outfits in the Nightwing title.
    I think this would be a massive misstep for all parties involved. Starting with Tim, this would be simply one more example of him following a well trod path. Him following in Dick's footsteps yet again wouldn't be good for his character. I'm not really sure that Tim, in character that has been shown since flashpoint, would want the role; he hasnt been shown to be a close friend to Dick that I've seen. Without a closer connection between the two, Tim taking over as Nightwing because he's being pushed out of the Robin role would be bad for the mantle of Nightwing. It would become simply "Robin, phase 2."

There *could* be a well written story in which Dick lets go of the title, goes back to Spyral full time, and Damian takes the mantle. Damian and Dick have been shown to be close pretty consistently. They have a meaningful relationship and I could see Damian saying something along the lines of "I became Robin because of my father, but I became who I am because of Dick. My last name is Wayne, but I carry Dick Grayson's legacy as much as my own father's." Tim taking it would be more like "Oh is this costume free?"

I would rather Tim go back to full tilt Robin, Bruce's squire and leader of Young Justice, than for him to follow Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I think this would be a massive misstep for all parties involved. Starting with Tim, this would be simply one more example of him following a well trod path. Him following in Dick's footsteps yet again wouldn't be good for his character. I'm not really sure that Tim, in character that has been shown since flashpoint, would want the role; he hasnt been shown to be a close friend to Dick that I've seen. Without a closer connection between the two, Tim taking over as Nightwing because he's being pushed out of the Robin role would be bad for the mantle of Nightwing. It would become simply "Robin, phase 2."

There *could* be a well written story in which Dick lets go of the title, goes back to Spyral full time, and Damian takes the mantle. Damian and Dick have been shown to be close pretty consistently. They have a meaningful relationship and I could see Damian saying something along the lines of "I became Robin because of my father, but I became who I am because of Dick. My last name is Wayne, but I carry Dick Grayson's legacy as much as my own father's." Tim taking it would be more like "Oh is this costume free?"

I would rather Tim go back to full tilt Robin, Bruce's squire and leader of Young Justice, than for him to follow Dick.
    Aah the feels. that's not too dissimilar to the sentiments that were conveyed in Nightwing Rebirth. Damian became a better person because of Dick and we can see what happened the minute Dick was no longer a part of his life [since he became Ric] Damian has been spiralling just like Bruce.

Even as Robin Damian carries Dick's legacy. I hope DC gets their crap together where Dick Grayson is concerned. Damian is a much better it for Nightwing than current Tim but Dick Grayson is the best fit.

You are right Nightwing shouldn't be Robin Phase 2.

Ya, dropkick gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post

He just got appointed to managing editor at Heavy Metal.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Oh, wow. Good for him.

Fantastic Member

Shouldnt baan, nightwing, redhood and robin be grades. Each step taking you towards being batman, and if you cant cut a particular level you either move on or stay at your grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Shouldnt baan, nightwing, redhood and robin be grades. Each step taking you towards being batman, and if you cant cut a particular level you either move on or stay at your grade.
    Dick wasn't "given" the Nightwing identity by Batman. You're making the different name "levels" sound like you're talking about the Boy Scouts, where the youngest kids start out as Cub Scouts, then become "Webelos" before becoming old enough to join the rank of "Boy Scouts".

(Maybe the Robins could work to earn merit badges in crime-fighting?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dick wasn't "given" the Nightwing identity by Batman. You're making the different name "levels" sound like you're talking about the Boy Scouts, where the youngest kids start out as Cub Scouts, then become "Webelos" before becoming old enough to join the rank of "Boy Scouts".

(Maybe the Robins could work to earn merit badges in crime-fighting?)
    Now I want an Elseworlds where all the Robins and Batgirls go to an 80s style summer camp. I would love a Wet Hot American Summer style Elseworld.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics