Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    How much do you actually know about Tim Drake ? i'm genuinely curious, your posts in this thread have me in doubt
    Well, I know the gist of his story, and even read the first fifteen or so issues of Red Robin.

But the character never clicked to me. I didn't read his time as Robin (I started comics with New 52 and have a real hard time returning bacl further than Grant Morrisson. Mainly because I prefer to read my comics in French when possible, and there isn't comics translated with Tim Drake in there that I know off).

I was especially offended by the way Red Robin shamelessly stole from Batman instead of making Tim grow with his own stories and supporting/rogue characters. He was to be the Detective for Ra's al Ghul - just like Batman. He was to be the potential perfect heir to the League of Shadow - like Batman. He was to be dark and brooding and trotured - like Batman. ANd he kicked everyone's ass - again, like Batman but with even less justification.

And I really hate the idea that were introduced with him, that Batman need a Robin to not lose it. I find it stupid, and terribly bad for the franchise's health.

@Mataza : Wasn't Damian : Son of Batman out of continuity ? Batman was dead in there after all. I also think that it wasn't a great book, at all, because the creative team tried too hard to make Damian this badass killer and all - I would need to reread it however, my memories of it are fuzzies.

Robin: Son of Batman did a far better job than it to set up foundations for a solo series and I'm still bummed that it was discontinued and some of it poached to be given to Jon (I'm thinking of you Maya).
    Last edited by Korath; 02-21-2019 at 12:19 AM.