Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I’m ok if Dick gets a sidekick . It’s in his need, having someone to take care of.Just like Bruce he doesn’t need them as in help him but to help. I think it being Bruce’s son is what kept him in Bruce’s shadow in the long term. It just need to not be someone Bruce can dictate, and it’s wholly Dick’s. Both Tim and Damian are over being his junior partner now. If I had to suggest, give him someone , a mislead kid, from the court of owls , make him their mentor to teach them heroism as he goes in a journey to know his past with them .

BANNED

Id like to see Tim back on a solo, back to being that clever kid that is always outgunned but rarely outmatched. Back to him doing detective work and trying to have a normal life. Back to being a hero because its the right thing to do.

His concept works amazingly well, its timeless and its something we dont have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Id like to see Tim back on a solo, back to being that clever kid that is always outgunned but rarely outmatched. Back to him doing detective work and trying to have a normal life. Back to being a hero because its the right thing to do.
    DC seems to HATE that reason for somebody being a hero; not enough angst or GrimDark, I guess. Hell, they even took that reason away for Barry Allen being The Flash!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    DC seems to HATE that reason for somebody being a hero; not enough angst or GrimDark, I guess. Hell, they even took that reason away for Barry Allen being The Flash!

Dude, they took away that reason for Tim in the new 52. Red Robin suddenly was literally just a career move for him. I have no clue how much it took for tynion to give us his origin back, and for that am thankful.

You are 100% right, and i have no clue why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    The whole idea with Nightwing is that it was Dick forming his "own" identity. Don't think it should EVER be passed onto anyone. And really, how difficult is it for Tim or Damian or anyone else to find their own name and concept for a new ID? It should be easy enough, they don't need to take on Nightwing. The moment they do, it WILL look like Nightwing is the ID that grown-up Robins who successfully graduate morph into. The next stop before moving onto Batman. Don't need that... Dick never intended it to be like that. If Dick is not going to be Nightwing, then there shall be no Nightwing. No cops running around as pretend-Nightwings and no usurpers and no heirs. Nightwing "retires" if Dick Grayson retires. Simple as that.

and yeah, congrats to Seeley!
    All of this.

"Nightwing" is not a mantle to be passed on. It's not grad school after being Robin. It's not part of the Bat chain of command, and that is the whole purpose behind the name. It's Dick's and shouldn't belong to anyone else. It's *his* identity; make it a legacy and you undermine the reason Dick took the name in the first place. You disrespect Dick's choice by taking the name.

All that said, if someone did take the name (it shouldn't happen, ever), it sure as sh*t better be a Kryptonian. Nightwing belongs to Krypton; Dick has a legit claim on it because of his relationship to Uncle Clark. No other Bat has that. No other Bat *should* have that. If it ever leaves Dick (it better not) it should go "home" and not be stolen by some Bat. Even Damian's close relationship to Dick isn't enough to justify it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-22-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Tim could become the protege' of Professor Pyg and start calling himself Pyglet.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Tim could become the protege' of Professor Pyg and start calling himself Pyglet.
    lol not Tim, but I do kind of want to see Pyg having a sidekick named Pyglet now.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Bwahaha!

Oasis, what the f**k man? That's both inspired and really mean. Funny as hell.

I totally need Pyg to have a Pyglet now....but no man, not Tim, the hell? You know he's got fans. We don't want other fanbases to have to suffer what we Wingnuts are going through.

Pyglet.

Ha!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

Still think Tim's best role would be to shift to being the magical expert in the Bat-family. Barbara should be the tech geek and computer wiz.

Tim's strategic type of intelligence would fit well with the more Constantine/Faustian storylines.

He should be dealing with the supernatural underside of Gotham.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    Still think Tim's best role would be to shift to being the magical expert in the Bat-family. Barbara should be the tech geek and computer wiz.

Tim's strategic type of intelligence would fit well with the more Constantine/Faustian storylines.

Isn't that what Batwoman does? Tim can go patrol the sewers. Gotta be a thousand miles of sewers under there. It'll keep him very busy.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 03-23-2019 at 08:46 PM.

I’m still annoyed we didn’t get to see Tom King’s original idea with Dick suffering from vertigo, and Tim stepping in as Nightwing. I doubt it would have lasted very long, but it would have been way more interesting than the Ric Grayson stupidity, and regressing Tim back into Robin.

I really liked his original Batman reborn era Red Robin costume, but thought the name was dumb. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get that costume back, albeit with a new name, going on globetrotting adventures.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    I’m still annoyed we didn’t get to see Tom King’s original idea with Dick suffering from vertigo, and Tim stepping in as Nightwing. I doubt it would have lasted very long, but it would have been way more interesting than the Ric Grayson stupidity, and regressing Tim back into Robin.

I really liked his original Batman reborn era Red Robin costume, but thought the name was dumb. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get that costume back, albeit with a new name, going on globetrotting adventures.
    Percy had the vertigo idea. King's idea was to have Dick shot in the head and Tim take over as Nightwing. Which was not a good idea. Tim needs a permanent identity. Tim's not the Bat family Temp.

. . . I really liked his original Batman reborn era Red Robin costume, but thought the name was dumb. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get that costume back, albeit with a new name, . . .
    Since we still don't know when/how the JSA situation will ultimately be resolved, is anybody currently using the name "Dr. Mid-Nite"?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Bwahaha!

Oasis, what the f**k man? That's both inspired and really mean. Funny as hell.

I totally need Pyg to have a Pyglet now....but no man, not Tim, the hell? You know he's got fans. We don't want other fanbases to have to suffer what we Wingnuts are going through.

Pyglet.

Ha!!
    There was a Son of Pyg in one of the Leviathan issues, the one where Steph went under cover at St. Hadrian's. I can't believe "Pyglet" isn't something Morrison didn't think of himself, because it's pretty great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post

He has gone heavy on the supernatural with Willingham so its not like theres no precedent for it. But i like Tim more grounded and streetlevel.

Rather have him in Bendis title. Its important that we get the original Tim back before we have him go into other stuff.