Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default What New Identity Should Tim Drake Take?

As the majority of you know, Tim Drake has been reverted to the role of Robin once again. This is a tad awkward considering that...

1. Damian Wayne is Robin simultaneously.

And...

2. It was generally accepted that Drake moved on from the Robin moniker. Having him back in the role is like having adult Dick Grayson back in the role of the boy wonder, or having adult Wally West back in the role of Kid Flash. It's just a little odd.

So this is a thread to suggest a new name for Tim Drake!
    Personally, I would give him the "Flamebird" identity that was originally spotted by Betty Kane.

Man, this has to be an annual tradition at this point.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Jason Todd had the right idea;

Replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Man, this has to be an annual tradition at this point.
    I know right. Before we start worrying about giving him yet another new identity I say give Bendis a chance to fix him. The character and his history is all over the place right now. Robin or Red Robin is fine.

How much as Tom King used Damian as Robin? I know that Snyder didn't want to use him. Maybe Tim should stay Robin and have Damian assume another identity?

Or, an idea i quite liked from another thread, retire Tim Drake from costumed heroics. Have him pursue a career as a detective with GCPD.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    How much as Tom King used Damian as Robin? I know that Snyder didn't want to use him. Maybe Tim should stay Robin and have Damian assume another identity?

Or, an idea i quite liked from another thread, retire Tim Drake from costumed heroics. Have him pursue a career as a detective with GCPD.
    Tim is still 16 (apparently). I think GCPD has age limits for such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim is still 16 (apparently). I think GCPD has age limits for such things.
    "Pursue" was used intentionally. Didn't know what age he was exactly, but knew it was 18 or under. 18 would work for a police officer maybe, but not a detective. Anywho, I like the idea of it even if it doesn't work at present (and since Bendis is using him, what Bendis wants Bendis gets). Having him actually leave the mask behind and stick to that would be a good look for the only Robin that still has living normal parents (unless I'm mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    "Pursue" was used intentionally. Didn't know what age he was exactly, but knew it was 18 or under. 18 would work for a police officer maybe, but not a detective. Anywho, I like the idea of it even if it doesn't work at present (and since Bendis is using him, what Bendis wants Bendis gets). Having him actually leave the mask behind and stick to that would be a good look for the only Robin that still has living normal parents (unless I'm mistaken).
    Him with parents was left ambiguous at the end of Detective Comics Rebirth.

Robin! Apparently.

When Ric returns to Dick, he will decide to return to Robin. When Jason gets over his Joker trauma, he will go back to being Robin. Tim forgets that he's discount Robin not actual Robin. Damian is Robin. They will form a team called We Are Robin.

And they'll all eat pizza and skateboard or something stupid like that.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Robin! Apparently.

When Ric returns to Dick, he will decide to return to Robin. When Jason gets over his Joker trauma, he will go back to being Robin. Tim forgets that he's discount Robin not actual Robin. Damian is Robin. They will form a team called We Are Robin.

I don't know, it doesn't sound radical enougth
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Robin! Apparently.

I know this is a joke, but i'd read this in a heartbeat.

BANNED

A magnificent bird, sadly extinct:

Dodo.

The protector.

Tim Drake or Nightwing. That's right, I'm replacing Dick with Tim

Astonishing Member

Bendis seems to have confirmed in reddit that Damian and Tim won't share the identity of Robin for a lot time. However, he does not specify who will change his identity (although I guess Tim is the most likely).

Question: Secondly, with 2 Robins and 2 Superboys, will we see a name change for 1 from each set or will they all operate simultaneously but on separate teams? (ie- Jon/Damian with TT and Conner/Tim with YJ)

Bendis: And yes, there will be some rebranding and some new looks. Change is good!