Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, Tynion did go a bit overboard in his Detective Comics run and overcompensated for how badly Tim was basically thrown under the bus for the New52.
    I don't see Tim thrown under the bus. He was just tenderly tucked away in safekeeping until he could be wheeled out and worshiped properly. When you're a Nightwing fan, you always get the WORST road-kill; anybody else just bumped their little toe kicking the tire when you make the comparison. It would be nice to be a Tim fan; I wouldn't have to worry about my fav character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I don't see Tim thrown under the bus. He was just tenderly tucked away in safekeeping until he could be wheeled out and worshiped properly. When you're a Nightwing fan, you always get the WORST road-kill; anybody else just bumped their little toe kicking the tire when you make the comparison. It would be nice to be a Tim fan; I wouldn't have to worry about my fav character at all.
    How was he "tenderly tucked away" when he was consistently being used in the Teen Titans books through the entire New 52? I get you're obsessed with hating the character but don't make stuff up in an attempt to rationalize it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Red Wing Robin. The name given to his hot topic pop figure so he's already using and it capitalises on the popularity of :

Red Hood
    Nightwing and
    Robin.

so win-win right?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Red Wing Robin. The name given to his hot topic pop figure so he's already using and it capitalises on the popularity of :

Red Hood
    Nightwing and
    Robin.

so win-win right?
    That just Red Robin with Wing stuck in the middle. That's lazy. There's no reason for Tim to have wing in his name.
    the HT POP at least has "wings" so there's an excuse.

Since Dick is hellbent on being Ric now and no longer wants to be Nightwing.... make Tim the new Nightwing and keep Damian as the one and only Robin. I love Dick Grayson as a character and he's second only to Batman as my favorite DC hero. However, the current storyline with Dick (excuse me...Ric) is getting old fast. I know it's just a story and he'll be back eventually, but I'd rather see Tim sporting the black/blue tights than the characters currently wearing the outfits in the Nightwing title.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Since Dick is hellbent on being Ric now and no longer wants to be Nightwing.... make Tim the new Nightwing and keep Damian as the one and only Robin. I love Dick Grayson as a character and he's second only to Batman as my favorite DC hero. However, the current storyline with Dick (excuse me...Ric) is getting old fast. I know it's just a story and he'll be back eventually, but I'd rather see Tim sporting the black/blue tights than the characters currently wearing the outfits in the Nightwing title.
    That would piss Dick Grayson fans even more and frankly Nightwing is an identity that should belong only to Dickn not Jason (like Didio wanted), not Tim (like King apparently wanted), not Steph and no Damian.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    . . . and frankly Nightwing is an identity that should belong only to Dick not Jason (like Didio wanted), not Tim (like King apparently wanted), not Steph and no Damian.
    What about to Superman (Kal-El)?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What about to Kal-El?
    He hasn't used it in a while (like 4 or 5 decades), he is fine with his nephew keeping it for himself.

Besides is not like Superman fans care much about it, they are cool with it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That would piss Dick Grayson fans even more and frankly Nightwing is an identity that should belong only to Dickn not Jason (like Didio wanted), not Tim (like King apparently wanted), not Steph and no Damian.
    I am a Dick Grayson fan! As I said, I'd rather Dick keep the mantle of Nightwing...however I'd prefer it being passed on to Tim than continuing this current story arc much longer than it's already gone.

I am a Dick Grayson fan! As I said, I'd rather Dick keep the mantle of Nightwing...however I'd prefer it being passed on to Tim than continuing this current story arc much longer than it's already gone.
    Most Dick fans aren't fond of Tim for one reason or another as far as my expirience go, so you are kind of an exception. Still almost anything would be better than Ric, i can't believe how bad it is.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Most Dick fans aren't fond of Tim for one reason or another as far as my expirience go, so you are kind of an exception. Still almost anything would be better than Ric, i can't believe how bad it is.
    Yeah... I get it. I don't understand the hate for Tim though. I personally loved his Robin (until all of the recent changes and muck-ups with New 52 and Rebirth). He truly brought something unique to the role (not to mention getting an iconic costume that forever changed the way Robin's dress, even retconning Dick's and Jason's costumes to reflect something more like Tim's). I think Tim hasn't been given a fair shake in the last few years. Having him step out as the new Nightwing after Dick leaving for a while would be a nice fit as far as I'm concerned.
    Like I said...Dick's Nightwing is my #2 DC character directly after Batman. I don't want him to ever go away permanently, but Tim taking over for a few years wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Yeah... I get it. I don't understand the hate for Tim though. I personally loved his Robin (until all of the recent changes and muck-ups with New 52 and Rebirth). He truly brought something unique to the role (not to mention getting an iconic costume that forever changed the way Robin's dress, even retconning Dick's and Jason's costumes to reflect something more like Tim's). I think Tim hasn't been given a fair shake in the last few years. Having him step out as the new Nightwing after Dick leaving for a while would be a nice fit as far as I'm concerned.
    Like I said...Dick's Nightwing is my #2 DC character directly after Batman. I don't want him to ever go away permanently, but Tim taking over for a few years wouldn't hurt my feelings either.
    Yeah the Iconic suit that was designed for Dick. inspired by Dick and which the designer still refuses to this day to call anything but Dick Grayson's / his best Gift to Dick Grayson.

Maybe Tim should get the old Black and Blue after all.

Here's a thought scrape the Ric story and actually let Dick Grayson be Dick Grayson. I don't read Nightwing because Nightwing. I read it because I love Dick Grayson and want to read him doing cool, interesting shit.

Shoving someone else in his costume doesn't solve the problem for those who want to read Dick Grayson nor does it solve the problem of what to do with Tim.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah the Iconic suit that was designed for Dick. inspired by Dick and which the designer still refuses to this day to call anything but Dick Grayson's / his best Gift to Dick Grayson.

Here's a thought scrape the Ric story and actually let Dick Grayson be Dick Grayson. Most of us don't read Nightwing because Nightwing. We read it because we love Dick Grayson. Shoving someone else in his costume doesn't solve the problem for those who want Dick grayson nor does it solve the problem of what to do with Tim.
    As Dick Grayson is my second favorite comic book character (second only to Wonder Woman) I am perfectly fine with him going back to the Grayson title and leaving Nightwing to Tim. Let Tim redesign the outfit to suit him, let Dick keep his black and blue (or go back to his SPIRAL suit with a mask.)

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Here's a thought scrape the Ric story and actually let Dick Grayson be Dick Grayson. Most of us don't read Nightwing because Nightwing. We read it because we love Dick Grayson. Shoving someone else in his costume doesn't solve the problem for those who want Dick grayson nor does it solve the problem of what to do with Tim.
    As I said... I am also a fan of Dick Grayson and have been since the early 70's when I'd pin a towel around my neck and pretend to be robin while running around the house with my 8" Mego doll of him! Next to Batman he's my favorite character.
    As for shoving someone else in his costume... I'd rather see someone like Tim sporting it then a bunch of cops and wannabe vigilantes currently running around in the title.
    I think we can both agree that we want Grayson to be Nightwing! And we all know that eventually he will be.

BANNED

As I said... I am also a fan of Dick Grayson and have been since the early 70's when I'd pin a towel around my neck and pretend to be robin while running around the house with my 8" Mego doll of him! Next to Batman he's my favorite character.
    As for shoving someone else in his costume... I'd rather see someone like Tim sporting it then a bunch of cops and wannabe vigilantes currently running around in the title.
    I think we can both agree that we want Grayson to be Nightwing! And we all know that eventually he will be.
    A big problem with Tim in the black-n-blue is that DC will hammer home how much better Tim is as Nightwing than Dick ever was. I'd rather a pack of generic cops got it than Tim.