Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Since we still don't know when/how the JSA situation will ultimately be resolved, is anybody currently using the name "Dr. Mid-Nite"?
    Well, Tim's Red Robin costume did look a lot like Dr. Mid-Nite's costume.

Why not just Doctor Midnight or just Midnight?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Well, Tim's Red Robin costume did look a lot like Dr. Mid-Nite's costume.

Why not just Doctor Midnight or just Midnight?
    Well, the "Doctor Midnight" spelling would be for the Beth Chapel version of the character.

And "Midnight" was a different Golden Age character.

Besides, in pre-Flashback continuity, Stephanie Brown (when she was Batgirl) told Tim (Red Robin) that his outfit looked like Dr. Mid-Nite's.

BANNED

Is Bendis planning new identities for YJ?

BANNED

Dr. Midnite is an inspired choice because it resonates with Tims second mini. Where he travels the world and beats King snake, a blind martial artist that claimed the title of the best around that time. He also happened to learn of ancient healing arts in that same trip.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Dr. Midnite is an inspired choice because it resonates with Tims second mini. Where he travels the world and beats King snake, a blind martial artist that claimed the title of the best around that time. He also happened to learn of ancient healing arts in that same trip.
    He should have grown himself back a new spleen then.

Can we just go with "Nuthatch"?

(He can specialize in recapturing escapees from Arkham.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can we just go with "Nuthatch"?

(He can specialize in recapturing escapees from Arkham.)

I got so much time for this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I got so much time for this.
    Hey, we're comic book geeks. Why not?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Even though it appears we will get an answer to this in just a few months, I'm still stuck on the idea of him becoming the Rook. Borrowing some artwork by Brett Booth, I simply did a recolor to match a Rook's appearance somewhat. Please dont be too harsh, I'm not quite a colorist and was just playing around. Scan0001.jpg

Is Oracle being used now?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Even though it appears we will get an answer to this in just a few months, I'm still stuck on the idea of him becoming the Rook. Borrowing some artwork by Brett Booth, I simply did a recolor to match a Rook's appearance somewhat. Please dont be too harsh, I'm not quite a colorist and was just playing around. Scan0001.jpg
    I think it looks good.

I lol'd at "Nuthatch" but it works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    The last Birds of Prey series introduced a guy who was using the Oracle name. Not sure if he ended up a hero, villain, or if he's even still around. So as far as Im concerned its available. Not like that guy made enough of a splash to matter, regardless of what the story ended up doing.

And that is definitely a role Gotham and the DCU needs to fill, and Tim would be a solid choice for it if Babs can't take it back. But I dunno if I want Tim taking a mantle from another hero. Granted, Nightwing came from Kryptonian mythology (and the old Silver Age adventures of Clark and Jimmy in Kandor) and Red Hood came from Joker and old Batman comics. And even Red Robin originally came from Dick Grayson and Kingdom Come. So I suppose there's strong precedent for it. But I'd rather Tim have a new name, instead of taking one from somebody else.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think in Batgirl it might be used again.

From July's solicitations,
    BATGIRL #37
    written by CECIL CASTELLUCCI
    art by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
    cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH
    variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    Eager to prove himself as a guardian for the criminals of Gotham City, Killer Moth has set his sights on taking out one of Gotham’s finest heroes…Batgirl! Does this insect menace really stand a chance against Batman’s smartest ally? Meanwhile, after their daring escape, the Terrible Trio is on the hunt for new ways to cause trouble for Batgirl. Little do they know, Lex Luthor has already beat them to it and is about to bring Batgirl’s worst possible nightmare to life! Oracle is back online. And she’s angry.
    ON SALE 07.24.19
    https://www.newsarama.com/44744-dc-c...citations.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Even though it appears we will get an answer to this in just a few months, I'm still stuck on the idea of him becoming the Rook. Borrowing some artwork by Brett Booth, I simply did a recolor to match a Rook's appearance somewhat.
    I like the idea of putting him in the kitchen and letting him be The Cook. Seriously, OBrian, you did a great job of coloring there. I like the black, jade, gold, and blue. I wish Ric could get a costume like that.

What if Alfred retires and he becomes Bruce's new butler.