Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The funny thing is that Jarro has been Robin longer than Steph.
    In my opinion, considering Steph a real Robin... is the same as considering Alfred a real Batman. He wore the costume more times than she ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Why would you assume that?
    Why on earth at this point would Dick go back to being Robin?
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Amazing Member

Drake wouldn't be so bad if there was a sensible explication to why he decided to take that as his new identity. It was evil Tim from Earth-3 who was Drake and Bart thought it was cool and the next issue BAM Tim decided his evil counterpart ID was good as a new ID without a reason and the brown color was a good one for the new suit... it was so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    Drake wouldn't be so bad if there was a sensible explication to why he decided to take that as his new identity. It was evil Tim from Earth-3 who was Drake and Bart thought it was cool and the next issue BAM Tim decided his evil counterpart ID was good as a new ID without a reason and the brown color was a good one for the new suit... it was so dumb.
    I think it would be better if they tried to focus more on the small dragon version of the term.. 'like' a bird, but with more of a dangerous edge?? It doesn't fit Tim too much, but it would be a cooler concept. Actually the Red Robin cowl KIND of went into that directions and I could picture a modification to that costume going by 'Drake'.

But they GOTTA get away from the 'duck' concept. Even if it is dangerous... which i don't buy, it's still a lame bird. If anything after Donald and Daffy, and y'know... the disney roster... we've been taught as a sociiety that Ducks should be laughed at, not feared. And really there's no getting away from him using his own name as code name... MAYBE if it wasn't really his name ala the witness protection concept... but ughhhh just not seeing it.

Maybe if Tim Drake was acknowledged as Killed in Gotham, and he made a new secret identity claiming to take the name 'Drake' in honor of him... i don't know. It could be a cool name for pretty much anyone BUT Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Why on earth at this point would Dick go back to being Robin?
    The post said "Nightwing", not "Robin". Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    But they GOTTA get away from the 'duck' concept. Even if it is dangerous... which i don't buy, it's still a lame bird. If anything after Donald and Daffy, and y'know... the disney roster... we've been taught as a sociiety that Ducks should be laughed at, not feared. And really there's no getting away from him using his own name as code name... MAYBE if it wasn't really his name ala the witness protection concept... but ughhhh just not seeing it.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Amazing Member

A drake as the most dangerous bird made me laugh, but the color of the drake suit is so bland, they could use another color and it'd look better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    A drake as the most dangerous bird made me laugh, but the color of the drake suit is so bland, they could use another color and it'd look better.
    Agreed.

So many colors to choose from...and TPTB chose drab highlighted with dreary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The post said "Nightwing", not "Robin". Nice.
    Must have changed it because originally it said Robin.

I still throw my hat in on Red X for Tim.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

No, it did not. Posts tell you when they have been edited.

Are there any Martian gods he could name himself after.. I mean other than H'ronmeer...

D'affi D'uc, maybe?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Mighty Member

What is the problem with RED ROBIN?
    I really LOVED his costumes there...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    What is the problem with RED ROBIN?
    I really LOVED his costumes there...
    I assume you, like me, are not a US resident (I didn't hate the name either) but apparently its the name of a fast food chain in the U.S which is why some people didn't like it for Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I assume you, like me, are not a US resident (I didn't hate the name either) but apparently its the name of a fast food chain in the U.S which is why some people didn't like it for Tim.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNAfDch8Ecs

yeah those guys.